Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #31
71cop
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Remember 9/11....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post

Everyone knows it was insurance fraud anyway.
LOL what next ?
71cop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #32
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71cop View Post
LOL what next ?
Mr Bush looked way too calm, cool and collected for comfort while it all played out, and he was reading a children's book upside down. This is what got me puzzled. Is it the president's job to stay cool as a cucumber, and dumb as a gorilla, whilst his own country's people perish in flames?
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #33
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Mr Bush looked way too calm, cool and collected for comfort while it all played out, and he was reading a children's book upside down. This is what got me puzzled. Is it the president's job to stay cool as a cucumber, and dumb as a gorilla, whilst his own country's people perish in flames?
Really? Might be time to stop watching propaganda from Michael Moore. If he had run around panicking the kids, he would have gotten criticized, stay calm, no that's no good either. He should have been thinking what to do should multiple people decide to fly Boeing 757's into the twin towers and the Pentagon that morning. "Oh I know, I'll go to a school and read books." It would be nice if we all had your crystal ball. Ya know ya might be directing the blame at the wrong person? Funny how in all this political nonsense, people fail to direct anger at the terrorists who plotted the attack and carried it out. Sure, blame Bush if it makes you feel better.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 04:55 PM   #34
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

I was watching some of the video yesterday. The people jumping to their deaths. Unfathomable. Poor bastards.
blackf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 05:05 PM   #35
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackf6 View Post
I was watching some of the video yesterday. The people jumping to their deaths. Unfathomable. Poor bastards.
Gives you a sense of what they must have been facing inside that building to know that the 'better' way to go is to throw yourself in to thin air........

Harrowing.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 05:07 PM   #36
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post
Whilst I appreciate (but don't necessarily agree) that people maintain a different view as to who the 'real' perpetrators behind 9/11 were, can we agree to leave those theories out of this thread, otherwise it will go off the rails real quick?

At the end of the day, irrespective of who committed this heinous act, we should all remember and pay respect to those who lost their lives during the event. That is what this thread is about.

If you feel so inclined to 'discuss' who the perpetrators were, then maybe start your own thread on the topic?
I like and agree with the sentiment but believe they are forever entwined together.

I have nothing but sorrow and pain for those that were lost or that lost. The fear and terror they must have felt still makes me shiver. Their lives were needlessly wasted.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2016, 05:12 PM   #37
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know right? What a tragic way to end one's life.....but, at that moment in that situation, they felt there was no other way and these jumpers took their own lives than let terrorists end theirs. They must have known or at least had a feeling it would end tragically. To get to that point mentally and emotionally is unimaginable. I can't begin to imagine what went through their minds. *smh*
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2016, 05:38 PM   #38
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
Yeah I know, the ultimate boogeyman that can be rehashed over and over again.

Everyone knows it was insurance fraud anyway.
Tin foil hat for you!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:27 PM   #39
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I took one photo inside the memorial, I don't know why but it felt wrong to be pointing my phone at everything.

Conspiracy theorists do my head in some times. Why can't it be that a few blokes flew a few planes into a few buildings? Over 3000 people died that day, focus on them for a change.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2016, 11:35 PM   #40
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
I took one photo inside the memorial, I don't know why but it felt wrong to be pointing my phone at everything.
I felt exactly the same way at the Arizona memorial.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #41
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I don't remember anything of significance occurring on the 9th of November.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 09:02 AM   #42
LTDHO
The one and only

Planes flying into WTC is one terrible thing, but the missile into the Pentagon, that is a massive defense issue.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #43
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamz Ghia View Post
Conspiracy theorists do my head in some times. Why can't it be that a few blokes flew a few planes into a few buildings? Over 3000 people died that day, focus on them for a change.
The focus has ALWAYS been on the innocent lives lost.

If you objectively investigate the events of that day and come to the same result as NIST and the Government, then more power to you. If you investigate it yourself and realise that too many things just don't add up; you'll soon see the light.

Forget the planes and tower 1 & 2. Just look in to WTC 7. Work out how that building fell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
Planes flying into WTC is one terrible thing, but the missile into the Pentagon, that is a massive defense issue.
No no no - It was a plane remember, they said plane; it must have been a plane the government said so!
To suggest anything else would label you a freedom hating tin foil hat wearing nutter........
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 13-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #44
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Building 7 fell after it was damaged from 1 and 2 falling. Those didn't fall straight down if you watch the footage. Combined with sprinklers not working because the feed pipes were damaged it caught fire and could not hold its self up.

One question that no Reuther can answer is why would they drop building 7?
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #45
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Watch this on building 7. Always sucks when logic answers you questions. All 7 of this blokes debunking videos are a good watch https://youtu.be/7PpsCCTMP8w
Old 13-09-2016, 11:48 AM   #46
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
Apart from the obvious interest for the government to minimise coverage of this, I'm surprised that the Pentagon hit didn't/hasn't receive/d a greater share of media attention. The destruction of the twin towers may have appeared (apologies for ugly wording here) more spectacular, but the Pentagon being hit was surely a much greater injury to the US, casualties aside.
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #47
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Might be why the diverted attention an played it down. They hurt that day but didn't want to show how bad they hurt
Old 13-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #48
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
Watch this on building 7. Always sucks when logic answers you questions. All 7 of this blokes debunking videos are a good watch https://youtu.be/7PpsCCTMP8w
And I can show you videos that debunk his bebunking of the debunk.

An office fire can not do what it did to WTC7 on its own.
No office fire can burn hot enough to do what needs to occur for a building to collapse like that. And that my friend is the real logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
Apart from the obvious interest for the government to minimise coverage of this, I'm surprised that the Pentagon hit didn't/hasn't receive/d a greater share of media attention. The destruction of the twin towers may have appeared (apologies for ugly wording here) more spectacular, but the Pentagon being hit was surely a much greater injury to the US, casualties aside.
Spot on! The Pentagon was meant to be the extra tipping point, should the 'attack' on World Trade not be enough to enrage the masses.
To this day they have dodged the smoking gun with that lack of attention (along with the lack of aircraft parts etc) this incident has drawn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wtc7madrid.jpg (103.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Inb4+paid+shills+explaining+how+jet+fuel+melts+steel_a74fdc_5225163.jpg (108.8 KB, 26 views)
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
Quote:

Old 13-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #49
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

and what qualifications do you have regarding buildings and their strength after being damaged by fire?
Old 13-09-2016, 01:20 PM   #50
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

there is also a massive difference between concrete reinforced buildings and steel truss buildings.
Old 13-09-2016, 01:30 PM   #51
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351 View Post
you do know that that photo was taken during the clean up and is close to ground level. those beams are that large that the contractors cut them up to remove them. watch a few clips of thermite in action, not really product suitable to bring down a building, added to the fact of how loud it is and how many columns held up the tower it would have been one hell of an explosion, which no one heard.
Old 13-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #52
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I think after 15yrs your either a follower of the official story or have made your own conclusions, i dont think anyone is going to be swayed at this stage.

This all started with the 2000 Presidential election which Al Gore should have won and instead was handed to a bloke who quickly took up where his old man had left off.
Sentiment at the time had Gore the preffered choice and had the Supreme Court not become involved with regard to the Florida recount, Gore would have been the 43rd US President and i believe 9/11 would never have happened.

I understand why many Americans want to believe a handful of terrorists took down the WTC towers, who would want to believe that the people they trust to look after them could possibly want to harm them in this way, but as an outsider its not hard to see the events surrounding the official story dont stack up.
I also believe the Bali bombings were orchestrated to ensure Australia supported the coalition of the willing.

My2c.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2016, 02:55 PM   #53
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Dont get me wrong, i dont believe half the CT beliefs either.
I certainly dont think the towers were hit by a missile or any other device, i saw it televised live and the second tower was certainly struck by a passenger plane, Nor do i think a missile hit the Pentagon.

What i do find hard to swallow is that a handful or blokes from the third world concocted a fool proof plan, the first of its kind in history, to first of all get into the US undetected, learn to fly Cessna's, not very well from reports, and then use those basic skills and a few stanley knives to hijack 4 passenger jets and fly them into the heart of America.
This from a mob who have done nothing like it before or after.

If you told the story to someone who had lived under a rock for 20yrs they'd consider it a Hollywood blockbuster the likes of Towering Inferno with a dash of Diehard.

I dont focus on the pro's and con's of thermite, i just see 3 completely independant structures of differing construction, 2 hit by passenger planes at different places and creating vastly different impact damage, fall perfectly on their own footprint at freefall or close to it speed, and ask what are the odds of that happening on the same day, within a few hundred meters of each other, honestly.

You dont need to have an alternative theory, you just have to question the given conclusion with an open mind and a little common sense.
Lets not forget, the very same Government invaded Iraq under the guise of saving the world from the terror of WOMD, yet with hindsight we know it was a lie used to achieve an outcome, sound familiar...
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #54
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351 View Post
And I can show you videos that debunk his bebunking of the debunk.

An office fire can not do what it did to WTC7 on its own.
No office fire can burn hot enough to do what needs to occur for a building to collapse like that. And that my friend is the real logic.

Spot on! The Pentagon was meant to be the extra tipping point, should the 'attack' on World Trade not be enough to enrage the masses.
To this day they have dodged the smoking gun with that lack of attention (along with the lack of aircraft parts etc) this incident has drawn.
Those picture tell me that the engineer who designed WTC 7 should never work again. That's a terrible quality building it collapsed that easy.

When you look at the entire story, everything that happened from the months before to the months after the attack, some very dodgy stuff happened. It makes you think.
Now some conspiracies are so stupid it's unbelievable(no planes hit any buildings, and the imagines of planes were added in by news channels, lol),
but some theories makes some decent points.

Either way it's a terrible situation. Visiting the memorial I didn't think about who or what caused the carnage, all I could think about was all the people whose lives were affected due to that day.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #55
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
The Pentagon is the headquarters of the United States Department of Defense so very significant place. You would think it would be one of the most impenetrable sites in the US.

I agree with you, unsure why it gets next to no media 15 years later compared to WTC.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 09:48 AM   #56
marty351
Shenanigans..............

This thread makes my heart bleed.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 08:40 PM   #57
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post

Lol 😂

It took me a little while to figure out what you meant. When we write 9-11-2001, we read it as September 11. Australians read it as 9th of November. 😂😂
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2016, 11:22 PM   #58
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

The CIA trained bin Laden, along with thousands of other Muslim extremists during the Soviet-Afghan war. During this time the CIA played a crucial role in the formation al Qaeda by providing vast amounts of US currency and weapons to the Mujahideen. Many of those same weapons would be used against the US during the 2003 Iraq War.

The US has unfairly been providing aid and concessions to Israel at the expense of other nations in the region. The US has backed and financed all of Israel's illegitimate wars. In his 2002 "Letter to America", bin Laden claimed that US support for Israel was the #1 motive of the 9/11 attacks.

I think it's at least suspicious that none of the US government's clandestine organisations took action when it became known that a group of known religious-extremists were taking flight lessons and practicing on a 747 simulator (on US soil).

The powers that be needed the public outrage to back their invasion into Iraq otherwise they would have instantly been recognised for the war pigs that they are. The fact is they don't care where the blood comes from... as long as it greases the gears of their war machine, they'll take it and use it for all it's worth.

The 9/11 attacks and the Bali bombings were terrible, cowardly attacks on innocent people and that is exactly why the "conspiracy theorists" get so worked up about it. Ultimately, a lot of people have died because of the greed of a few. Nobody even knows how many Iraqis have died during the course of the war.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2016, 11:54 PM   #59
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

I’m another who turned on the tele that night and thought it was a movie or documentary until the second plane hit.

I still remember the confusion as my brain tried to process what I was seeing.

My thoughts to everyone who lost love ones and those who had to experience it up close.

Here’s a photo I took from a helicopter tour a couple of years ago, it definitely left a big footprint.

Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2016, 06:05 AM   #60
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Guy Fawkes Day?

Oh wait, that's the 5th....