Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-06-2008, 01:35 PM   #31
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Such a shame and one of the very few reasons I'm glad I no longer own my GT. It's gotten to the point that you can't take them very many places and if you do, you're worried about what happens to them while they're there and who's following you on the way home.

I kept mine in an underground lockup and on several occassions I had to shake someone following me when I was taking her back to her hidey hole... and that was 15 years ago!

I hope they're recovered..
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 02:57 PM   #32
Falconunbelievable
FORD PARKING ONLY!

We just got back from Wintersun today and I am so sad for those people that lost their cars!!

We had to leave our ute out on the street for most of the time we were there, so it sounds like we were VERY lucky to be able to bring it home today. (It was too low to get into the security carpark under our building without bottoming out and doing some really serious damage (believe me we gave it a good go... :togo: ) - this place had a really bad carpark entrance - wont be going back there again!) Hubby couldnt sleep on Saturday night and went out to check on it and there were people around it then, so he shifted it somewhere else - he shut it down with the security system, kill switch, steering lock, and everything else he could think of - but as he said all you need is a tilt tray and easy access. I think that was the trick making it hard to get access to with a tilt tray!

It was a great week but this really brings down the whole festival for me!

Member of
Chrome Cruisers Inc
Falconunbelievable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #33
jaximus
Starter Motor

hi all i got mty Xa and the Xy on nine news tonite and will be front page on the Gold Coast Bulletin so still planning lots more THEY ARE COMMING HOME. sooner or later.
jaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #34
bingoTE50
Steve

I wonder if our local motorcycle communities may no anything about the whereabouts of the cars...seems a little bit too organised for chance..
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #35
XT302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaximus
I own the xa coupe and am heading back to cooloongatta tomorrow to meet with the rest of the gutted owners we are trying to get it on the news.Hopefully we will get them back.

Wish you luck, go to taxis, tow truck, garbo collectors and truck stops...offer reward, you will have a better chance of recovery.......any leads from that, go to the cops with the info, keep it hush

GOOD LUCK
XT302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 11:48 PM   #36
jaximus
Starter Motor

was on the news tonite channel 9 will also be front page of Gold Coast Bulletin tomorrow
jaximus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #37
JG's33's
Foxy, violet & now black

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURSUIT-250
Very depressing guy's, i tell you if i ever caught some c--t in the act wether it was mine or not

I WOULD BEAT THEM TO THE LAST BREATH OF THERE LIFE. :

Cheers Mick.

Don't worry about that, I know the owner of the XY that was stolen and I wouldn't want to be the thief when he catches up with them!!!!!!!!!!
JG's33's is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2008, 04:55 PM   #38
shaoon351
Starter Motor

Red face

Can not believe the low lifes out there, we were at Wintersun the last time we seen the coupe we think was Thursday night as for the XY GT every time we seen it the owner was with it, we left Marine PDE about 9.30pm Saturday night and the owner was still with her then ........ thinking back they would have been watching his every move ....... unfortually it comes back to not trusting any one ........ you never know these poeple may have spoken to the owner about the car as we all love to talk about our cherished cars with pride ....... On Sunday night we seen the owner of the XY walking though one of the malls under the apartment blocks and he just looked like a zobie the expression on his face we wont forget, we wanted to say something to him but just let go by, the poor bugger has been though enough. I just hope that there is some miracle and the car is returned .... It just makes it hard as a GT owner we love to go to events to display our cars with pride but will we second think if we take our cars to larger events such as Valla or Wintersun, it is just a shame
shaoon351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #39
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

My condolences to the people who had there cars stolen. I know the guy with the monaro stolen who was on the news last night. I had tears in my eyes when they showed the XY that was stolen. Truly a magnificent car. I realy realy hopr they are found even if they have slight damage as they will from the way they were stolen and what i am told.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #40
steamin63
old skool

looks like ebay has pulled the advert.