Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #31
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Neither.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:13 PM   #32
AU3 HERROD XR8
XR8 M8

I would probaly go for the stripes aswell, but fat stripes with the border (kinda like jimt3te50's), Actually i'm thinking of gettin stripes for my car now aswel :P how does fat black bordered stripes sound..
AU3 HERROD XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:15 PM   #33
HLC
Audi S3

like the ones 2 posts above :P
Old 24-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #34
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

i don't mind either, but if you go for the stripes, make sure they're more symmetrical than the ones in the picture :P
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:49 PM   #35
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
here ya go. i change change the stripes to any colour if you want....

i dont think the XR shape lends itself to stripes all that well. but hey, it could be my dodgy chop. there are a couple of rough parts, sorry, got a little distracted with band stuff about halfway through... but i guess it gives you a decent idea.

Thanks HLC. When you get a spare moment can you make the stripes a bit wider. excactly like Jims car would be nice. Sorry i dont know how to bring across a copy of Jim's car.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #36
FRIKA
FRIKA

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50
Being the authority on stripes that I am ()) I would say a gunmetal/graphite/charcoal grade of medium to dark grey

The black may be a bit too much on the liquid silver. If it was meterorite the black would look great, but might be too much contrast on the light silver IMO. May be wrong though.......

Thanks Jim you must have a crystal ball that actually works. Its exactly what id go for.
Old 24-08-2006, 04:52 PM   #37
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Here you go mate

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #38
FRIKA
FRIKA

thanks Jim. you dont muck around
Old 24-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #39
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

hmmmmm, it ended up pretty big though- looks like I'm stealing the thunder from another thread :
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #40
eXi7w0unD

yea if ya get stripes get ones like jims, *** their good and wider and are awsomer.

and jim, no front bumber lights?
Old 24-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #41
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
and jim, no front bumber lights?
I took them out initially as I had silicon pipinng running striaght to the airbox (which made a big difference) but the original lights were so sandblasted and loose and the LH one was cracked, so I left them out. I am getting my bar resprayed soon as it is so badly stonechipped and was going to wait til then to put the new lights I got for it.

Either that or I leave it the way it is with the lighter weight front end and practical ducting.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #42
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR AYTE
or neither of the two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
exactly
Gonna side with Casper on this one..... don't touch it.

D:
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
DJL351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 07:18 PM   #43
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What Shane and Dazzler said, don't touch it! Liquid S3's are hot!
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #44
Duffman
Oh Yeah!

Shaker!

The stripes make it look like someone has done a burn out over your car
Old 24-08-2006, 07:32 PM   #45
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
What Shane and Dazzler said, don't touch it! Liquid S3's are hot!

tricked ya S2. got the side mirrors painted :

Duffman - Thats hilarious never thought of it that way. :hihi:
Old 24-08-2006, 07:36 PM   #46
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL351
Gonna side with Casper on this one..... don't touch it.

D:

Just thinking of something to try and make my car more unique. Being in the club and seeing everyone elses cars just gets me thinking.
Old 24-08-2006, 07:41 PM   #47
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR AYTE
Just thinking of something to try and make my car more unique. Being in the club and seeing everyone elses cars just gets me thinking.
Nothing wrong with that mate. And when you've had a car for a while a cosmetic change can be a better option than buying a new car- makes it feel different anyway- or at least that's what I've found. It was actually the Blueprint colour flowing into BA models that made me put the stripes on it to set it apart...... it was supposed to be a one off late S3 XR/T series colour :(

Now no-one mistakes my car for anything else

I'm all for it mate- you do what you like.
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #48
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres a frontal of mine. It gives you an idea on how the car looks with the stripes out to the edges. I think its a better move to go with the same stripe package that the 3 of us have.

I don't regret for one moment getting the stripes. As much as people have criticised me and the car for it, I haven't looked back. Although not being a fan of the shaker, I still think if it feels good, do it. My preference would be the stripes on your car. It would be nice to see it done on a stock XR kit and not the over inflated Buckmobile.

Take Jamies advise and go for a charcoal colour. Get something that blends in and looks subtle. I think thats about the best advice you can get.

Rest of the pics are located here

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...naked/Stripes/
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #49
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Heres a frontal of mine. It gives you an idea on how the car looks with the stripes out to the edges. I think its a better move to go with the same stripe package that the 3 of us have.

I don't regret for one moment getting the stripes. As much as people have criticised me and the car for it, I haven't looked back. Although not being a fan of the shaker, I still think if it feels good, do it. My preference would be the stripes on your car. It would be nice to see it done on a stock XR kit and not the over inflated Buckmobile.

Take Jamies advise and go for a charcoal colour. Get something that blends in and looks subtle. I think thats about the best advice you can get.

Rest of the pics are located here

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...naked/Stripes/

I have always admired your car with stripes or without. The colour of the stripes compliment the car perfectly.

I dont mind critism as its me that will be living with it. If i do go ahead it will definately be the same stripes as you and Jim.

Thanks for the input
Old 24-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #50
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

I think if you go the same width as ours it's going to fill the width of the number plate sectoion and carry that over the car- I think with the right color and width it is definately going to look better than the photoshops are indicating (and that's not having a go HLC! ;))

I really think it will look good- and different.....
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 08:02 PM   #51
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think getting it to the edge, when the stripes come down, they should fit inside that straight edge that runs down to the bottom of the bar. Does that confuse you :
Old 24-08-2006, 08:05 PM   #52
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think getting it to the edge, when the stripes come down, they should fit inside that straight edge that runs down to the bottom of the bar. Does that confuse you :
Doesn't confuse me Dwayne- that's what I said two minutes ago :
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 08:07 PM   #53
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

BTW getting back to the question- the stripes will be a crapload cheaper than the shaker too
2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
Old 24-08-2006, 08:18 PM   #54
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Doesn't confuse me Dwayne- that's what I said two minutes ago :
I can't read. I should have said that earlier _2:
Old 24-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #55
XEESP_351

yeh man go the stripes would look great on the silver..Oh yea i never asked how ur brakes went that day? Wot was it?
XEESP_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #56
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
I think if you go the same width as ours it's going to fill the width of the number plate sectoion and carry that over the car- I think with the right color and width it is definately going to look better than the photoshops are indicating (and that's not having a go HLC! ;))

I really think it will look good- and different.....
i agree completely mate. photoshops look like absolute 5hite. but ya get that. when i get some time. maybe tomorrow morning i may try and fix up that first chop but yeah
Old 25-08-2006, 10:53 AM   #57
FRIKA
FRIKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr t-series
yeh man go the stripes would look great on the silver..Oh yea i never asked how ur brakes went that day? Wot was it?
yeah i think stripes on silver would look good as long as its the right colour. ie charcoal
brakes all fixed. changed all rotors and pads.

HLC - no worries mate when you get a spare moment.

Jim - stripes way cheaper than stripes. also will be easier to convince my wife.

Jim/Bucky - would go same width as yours for sure.
Old 26-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #58
eXi7w0unD

seeing as butnaked and jim have some stripe experience, i have a galaxy blue au with a tf50 kit on it, what colour whould i get my stripes. (if i do get any) *** white would look to yuk. i think i would need a deaper white/silver to complment my galaxy blue colour.
Old 26-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #59
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXi7w0unD
seeing as butnaked and jim have some stripe experience, i have a galaxy blue au with a tf50 kit on it, what colour whould i get my stripes. (if i do get any) *** white would look to yuk. i think i would need a deaper white/silver to complment my galaxy blue colour.

Galaxy Blue, I think thats a tough one. Nice dark Blue paint, Black Stripes would blend too far and I think White would stand out too much. I'm not sure about Grey. Might have to give it some thought. I don't think Silver would suit it.

The closest colour FPV had in the GT would be Blue Pearl. A Darker colour too galaxy. I wonder if those colour slides of the stripes that fpv put in their brochures would be a help?
Old 29-08-2006, 09:25 PM   #60
v8falconsrule
Blue ~oval~ Blooded!!!

i also have galaxy blue au, once my kit is fitted i will be getting stripes too. i am going to get a colour similar to the intec ohc sticker on the front guards...it's similar to lightning strike on the ba/bf range. i think it should look good, not too dark, not too bright

as an aside jim, was it difficult to get the stripes sitting right around the front grille??

50th Anniv G6E Turbo in Sensation
Cobalt blue 94 ED XR8 Sprint- resto/ project
v8falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post