Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #31
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
haha.

Have you ever raced a 300zx? They arent that quick. Why dont you have a jap car yet if they are so good?

Its funny watching you paying at falcons when you say your car is shit.
from what ive been told (not first hand experience) ive heard that the 300ZX is pretty slow compared to some of the other imports around, and that they handle shit house
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 05:01 PM   #32
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep me too, They are ****en heavy too. They are not light like your average 180sx or something, they would be on par with weight with the majority of falcons of the same age.

/me thinks a 300zx is the only fastish car this kid has been in.

It has twin turbos! It must me fast :
Old 19-04-2005, 05:03 PM   #33
Dez
Banned

obviously that drag 300ZX is quick...but you cant base an opinion on an entire model on a car that is built for racing....

if you wanna do that, we'll get a nizpro equipped "piece of shit" falcon XR6 and see how that goes.....i know for a fact geea runs 11's on full street gear....and he isnt at the peak of the nizpro tree ;)
Old 19-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #34
V8 Ghia
Formally ED I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
last time i checked my car had a ford badge on it! LOL raced a SV6 just b4 and ****n beat it hell yeah! im now reconsidering my point of view on SV6s (used to want one but now im not so sure)
Some people really can't drive

---------------------------
Other
93' ED 5spd 4.0L NA Fairmont
13.75 @ 101mph
V8 Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #35
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mmm theres no point continuing wit this arguement.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 06:50 PM   #36
MadManz

Quote:
Dude from ur little display pic i can tell urs look better than mine lol

my car is shit and i know its shit

Pfft i dont give a crap bout wat other ppl think. my car is NA just must b everythn is all good in it-(never had any engine probs). might have mods im unaware of. just a ****load lighter than these V6s and shit and i can obviously drive better than them. i dont deny it. but its still funny when a $4k car takes a $40k no troubles.

Pfft just get my mates bros 300ZX own every1.
I think you are racing the people that half accelerate from the lights, because stock figures of a tx5 and a commo or Ford the tx5 doesnt really compare.. oh and on the 300zx that cant be beat! you have just made my day, let me guess its not stock, because stock the 300zx was not a very fast car for twin turbo...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 07:03 PM   #37
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah of course its not stock. neither r these V8s ppl r talkn bout (they often got more work done to them). its got boost controller, pod, and exhausts. no turbo or intercooler upgrade either. basically wat it all boils down to is personal opinion. i know from my experiences turbos kick ***. and yes there r sum fast commys falcons which i admire. and as for beatin other cars in my TX5. yes i have done it and yes i have been beaten aswell. whether they tried or whether its the driving or not, i dont know, u cant really tell. all i do know was this guy came flying up to me and was givn me hell at the lights, revn the **** outta his car.
Old 19-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #38
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah of course its not stock. neither r these V8s ppl r talkn bout (they often got more work done to them). its got boost controller, pod, and exhausts. no turbo or intercooler upgrade either. basically wat it all boils down to is personal opinion. i know from my experiences turbos kick ***. and yes there r sum fast commys falcons which i admire. and as for beatin other cars in my TX5. yes i have done it and yes i have been beaten aswell. whether they tried or whether its the driving or not, i dont know, u cant really tell. all i do know was this guy came flying up to me and was givn me hell at the lights, revn the **** outta his car. and i won so he can eat my ***. whether id win again-prolly not. these cars have also got 16yrs of engineering on top of mine plus more power so yeah.
Old 19-04-2005, 07:05 PM   #39
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haha i love guys like you.
Old 19-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #40
Dez
Banned

i beat an R33 Skyline in my mums stock EF fairmont on my L's once....he didnt go for it at all...but i beat him :eclipsee_

mitch, you're entitled to your opinion, but to voice it in the way you have on this forum, maybe not the best way to start out here....this is a ford forum, so its dominated by 6's and 8's....i also own a tx5, and cop some stick for it from some people...but i still love the falcons.

and if we wanna get technical, watch 2fast 2 furious.....when tyrese revs his little spyder, and the charger almost blows him off the road with a rev of the engine....that says it all. lol
Old 19-04-2005, 07:22 PM   #41
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

lol yeah thats heaps funny. i love that bit. mitsubishis for ya (dunno why they were ever built). that is a beast of a car and been worked to shit. that would b a bastard to drive though even though its nice. i dig that Shelby in gone in 60 seconds. in either car u would die lol
Old 19-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #42
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Prime examples of why I don't line em up at traffic lights. All it needs is a low performance driver in a high performance car and he's heading into your lane to take you out.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #43
Dez
Banned

Quote:
lol yeah thats heaps funny. i love that bit. mitsubishis for ya (dunno why they were ever built). that is a beast of a car and been worked to shit. that would b a bastard to drive though even though its nice. i dig that Shelby in gone in 60 seconds. in either car u would die lol
the point is that at the end of the day, i think the muscle will always beat the blower if they are both fully specced.
Old 19-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #44
MadManz

ROFL, has you MATE!!! taken the 300zx to the drag strip, has he got 1/4 mile times and/or dyno sheets, or are you displaying this bs from a quick joy ride by the seat of your pants?
Old 19-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #45
Damo
Banned

wow! another thread full of useless posts by Dez.

awesome. I just watched the clip again. yweahhaha..
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #46
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
wow! another thread full of useless posts by Dez.

awesome. I just watched the clip again. yweahhaha..
sorry, but how is your post important? you're telling us that you watched it again...wow.

we were having a discussion
Old 19-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #47
MadManz

But these are discussion forums, you cant discuss cars here!!!!
Old 19-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #48
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManz
But these are discussion forums, you cant discuss cars here!!!!
lol....good work mad manz
Old 19-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #49
Damo
Banned

my post was VIP Dez. :P

oh, What happened to your awesome discussion with the dude who loves 300zx and thinks that Commodores and Falcons arn't sports cars I was enjoying that Discussion...

Madmanz: Somethings just don't need to be discussed, especially in an off topic manor. Start a new thread about fast and the furious and N/A TX5's..

Oh and incase you didn't notice.

there may... just MAY have been a touch of sarcasm in my posts.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 12:01 AM   #50
MadManz

Right, i'm sorry if i voice my opnion then please let me know! as i do believe it seems to be band on these forums...
Old 20-04-2005, 12:02 AM   #51
MadManz

if you would like to discuss this matter further and since you are doing a really good job about taking this discussion off topic yourself, next time how about a PM.
Old 20-04-2005, 12:32 AM   #52
Cheahman
BOSS 260

WOW! that certainly was a shocking video! That was crazy watching those cars get airborn when launching!

BA XR8
EB XR8
Cheahman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 01:01 AM   #53
Dez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
my post was VIP Dez. :P

oh, What happened to your awesome discussion with the dude who loves 300zx and thinks that Commodores and Falcons arn't sports cars I was enjoying that Discussion...
he gave up. we won
Old 20-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #54
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Hmmm. the incar where the stang rolls over and the tuner thingy is dangling from its cable infront of the camera happened because of a Broken axle, it was a thread on Mustangsandmore.com, some of the guys know the guy ISTR.

I'd say most of those prangs where the car sudenly turns hard right or hard left are axles letting go in cars with a spooled diff.... Although the one where the green camaro hits the black and red barge looks like one of the suspension links let go (or collapses wholesale) and causes a blowout (tyre smoke followed by car suddenly turning)

Oh yeah, haven't found a 300zx I cant beat :P
see sig
Old 20-04-2005, 05:59 PM   #55
MadManz

ROFL, i would like to see a 1/4 mile time from this UNBELIEVABLE RICER!!!!

and the fact that no Commo or Ford can come near it!!!! man this fella must be wacked on somthing, he is talkin about a worked 300zx running stock cars, i mean how many brain cells does it take!
Old 20-04-2005, 08:45 PM   #56
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i never said nuthn would beat it i just said that he hasnt been beaten yet despite all these ripped cars that have tried. hes runnin 219rwkw on 12pound. not sure bout 1/4mile times. but u see its not all bout power. its also weight, aerodynamics, drivetrain. and he paid $25k for his car not like $50k and shit. rice my ***. **** ill b the better man and walk away. its obvious that u know nuthn bout imports. i got better things to do then waste my time continuing this argument. man really i had forgotten all bout this.
Old 20-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #57
MadManz

I have a 96 series 2 skyline u fool, i also have a GT-P and the GT-P smacks the skyline!

so u better be gettin ur facts right, i can arange a mate to turn up at the drags wid his V8 and i would hardly doubt that ur gonna beat it, oh here is a fact for ya ITS N/A

so u best be learning some facts before u start opening ur mouth with that bs
Old 20-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #58
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
i never said nuthn would beat it i just said that he hasnt been beaten yet despite all these ripped cars that have tried. hes runnin 219rwkw on 12pound. not sure bout 1/4mile times. but u see its not all bout power. its also weight, aerodynamics, drivetrain. and he paid $25k for his car not like $50k and shit. rice my ***. **** ill b the better man and walk away. its obvious that u know nuthn bout imports. i got better things to do then waste my time continuing this argument. man really i had forgotten all bout this.
Hmm yes.

Last edited by dansedgli; 20-04-2005 at 08:56 PM.
dansedgli is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-04-2005, 08:57 PM   #59
MadManz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
Hmm yes.
yeah, words can not describe some times!!! there are some worrying people out there :
Old 20-04-2005, 09:57 PM   #60
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Just curious? What times does it actually run?

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post