Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-05-2022, 08:57 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Ford Australia powerless to stop excessive dealer delivery fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
The pandemic is just an excuse for everyone dropping the ball these days, its the go to for 'we actually ****ed up but we're blaming COVID'.

It'll be the year 2122 and people will still be like yeah the reason it took 15 minutes to get your Big Mac to you in the drivethru is because COVID.

When all else fails, blame COVID or couriers.
I’ve noticed something with trades and service industry, they seem to be working slower, like about three quarter pace. A building company fell over here in Brisbane today, basically blamed tradies scalping with ridiculous prices that weren’t sustainable. Maybe overstated but I think everyone sees with their own eyes what going on with their own experiences.

Another one I notice is McDonalds and drive throughs. I remember back twenty odd years ago, it was like push push in those industries, now there’s no older manager driving the kids that just seem to roll along in a dream….
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-05-2022, 08:17 AM   #32
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Normally that would work but what do you do when all companies start lifting prices?
See, cross shopping only works when people will gladly settle for another brand, many of the devout won’t, they pyss and moan and just end up finance or lease, swallow the premium and shut up……that’s what those brands count on.
That is why ‘fixed’ pricing is better.You have surety on the price.
Old 28-05-2022, 09:23 AM   #33
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
I’ve noticed something with trades and service industry, they seem to be working slower, like about three quarter pace. A building company fell over here in Brisbane today, basically blamed tradies scalping with ridiculous prices that weren’t sustainable. Maybe overstated but I think everyone sees with their own eyes what going on with their own experiences.

Another one I notice is McDonalds and drive throughs. I remember back twenty odd years ago, it was like push push in those industries, now there’s no older manager driving the kids that just seem to roll along in a dream….
On a similar theme, I think some industries where lockdowns led to redundancies and as often happens in such situations, your better skilled/experienced staff leave because they have a good chance of getting another job. This leaves a company understaffed and under-skilled.

I remember when one company offered their employees voluntary redundancies, in the background specific staff were told if they applied it wouldn't be granted.

Back on topic, if a dealer that I had bought 4-5 vehicles from in the last 5 years applied a DD that I considered over the top it would end my relationship which remember is also 4-5 vehicles of servicing and options over this period as well...could be around $10K of business to the service department...in fact .... if you say $500 avg per service x 4cars x 5yr it is actually $10K.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: