Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #31
Falcon Freak
Banned

I crashed my fathers car less then two months after getting my licence. But it is OK as he was driving a VK Holden Berlina at that time.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #32
Citizen
My other car is a car

I had a little smash in mum's Hilux when i was on my L's. Was cruising through the main street of Pakenham when an old lady thought it'd be a good idea to back out of an angle parking spot without looking behind her. She backed straight into the rear left of the Hilux's tray. Damage to Hilux - the rope rail running along the side of the tray was bent inward a little. Damage to late model Camry - smashed taillight, dented boot & crumpled quarter panel.

She got out of the car and tried to blame it on me too. Mum didn't like that, she was a lot more shaken up than I was and she basically started screaming at the woman. A couple of witnesses backed us up, we exchanged details but never heard from the senile Camry driver again.

EA Fairmont Ghia 5sp Manual

Dual Fuel
Extractors & 2.5" Cat-back exhaust
Herrod stage 2 cam
XH snorkel, K&N panel filter

Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 04:18 PM   #33
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

When i was on my L's mum told me to back the VN (shame) out the drive. In front of me was Dads land rover. The VN was manual revved it a bit too hard and dropped the clutch. The thing is i had it in first not reverse and slamed straight into the rear bullbar of the rover. Totally the front bar but the Rover didn't even have a scratch lol.
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 06:10 PM   #34
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Pranged the VX commo. It started raining and I went down the to shops to get something for them. Came thru this roundabout and the car kicked out on me just as i left the round about (besides the wet and the RE92's on the commo there was also gravel on the road).
I over corrected and missed the tree, that a guy had killed himself on a month earlier, went over the medium strip took out a big double pole sign and the concrete foundation of the sign got wedged under the car and I slid into a parked car across the road.

There was no mechanical damage to the car (still have the car and its doesnt give any problems) but all panel damage. The total price for the damage was $15,000. Yes the folks did find out as i needed them to bring a jack to get the concrete foundation out from underneath the car.

Funny thing was they replaced the big sign and it was taken out a week after, so then they decided to fix the roundabout.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #35
MeLLy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Same here too. Never.
me2 Never.
MeLLy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #36
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

(Oops, missed the first half of the story)
Dad took me out to a local industrial area in his old Courier when I was first learning, and we were just doing laps of the circuit to get me used to changing gears and such, when Dad told me to turn into a carpark in the middle of the estate.
It had a metal frame around over the driveway to keep semi's out, and as I turned far too fast, I clipped the tray on a post, which then shoved the ute sideways, and I hit the side of the cab and bounced it between the posts.
I burst into tears, and switched it off (thinking the lesson was now over, and I was going to be in a lot of trouble), but Dad just told me to pull myself together, and reverse out so we could continue.

He claimed it was his fault because he hadn't given me enough notice to turn in there, so I could slow down adequately to get through the narrow opening.

I didn't get into any trouble, and he didn't bother to repair the damage until last year when he decided to upgrade, and finally sold it.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford

Last edited by Feathers; 15-07-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #37
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^^your old man is a very patient person. i used to hate getting in the car with my old man when i first got my L's, he was OK once he saw i could drive though.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #38
Dezza
Parts bin special

That's good of him, Feathers. My Dad freaked my sister out big time when she was on her Ls. She was driving through a gate, and just as she went through, he gave the roof a bit of a hit with his open palm (on the outside of the ute). It made a fair bit of noise, and my sister had thought she'd hit the gate post. It was just Dad playing a prank but it was pretty cruel.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 10:47 PM   #39
351buzz

I learnt to drive in the old mans speedway car so didn't really take much notice of what I crashed into. I guess you could say I pretty much crashed into most stuff, cars, concrete walls, tyre barriers, ect. That was when others weren't crashing into you. RUBBIN' IS RACIN'
351buzz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #40
GREGXR8
SHOCKWAVE MK11 BA XR8

snuck mums xr out one night when i was 15 (27 years ago) and hit a tree stump. right headlight was pointing left. also at 15 i took my sisters isuzu bellet out in a paddock down the road and rolled it. i got in a lot of trouble that year.
Old 15-07-2007, 11:27 PM   #41
Skotty
Banned

Backed mums Subaru L series wagon, into the house on my L's... stupid accidents in customers cars at work :s
Skotty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2007, 11:34 PM   #42
GORDZ
OMGORDZ

like scotty, i backed dads benz down the driveway and took a downpipe off the house. no damage to the car, they were built with metal in those days

BA XR6 Ute, twin throttlebodied blueprint.
GORDZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 03:42 AM   #43
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

hrmmmm....
January this yr....
took rents car out for a spin when they weren't home (used to do it all the time)
lost it at high speed round a corner. (i was going uphill too)

the left hand rear suspension assembly came off 30m into the skid

By the way, car was well and truley totaled, i calculated $40,000 damage....
garenteed to be more
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #44
au2sw
Blown 5L coming

^^^^^^^GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!! what kind of speed where you doing for that to happen! bet youve been cut from the will now too.
Ive only had 3 accidents in the 10 yrs Ive been driving. the first was in Mums 4cyl Magna wagon about 6months after getting my P's. i was picking my younger brother up from Scouts one night, came up to a corner on a dirt road to quick and ended up on top of a large rock. damaged the sump and bent steering arms etc. I told the olds i hit the anchors to avoid hitting a roo, whether they believed it or not im still not sure to this day, but i wasnt in too much trouble thankfully
the other 2 where in my own cars, and since this thread is about Mums/Dads cars, im not going into them.

NEW CLUB FOR SUNSHINE COAST !! www.f-p-e.proboards.com

Contact Col (au2sw) via PM or on MSN @ efmonty@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hardware
Its like central locking in your car. We've all had cars without it and we were fine then, but try and take it from me? NO WAY.
au2sw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #45
Eb Barbie
Banned

When my folks went away last year Pete and I thought it would be fun to take mums Ford Explorer for a spin. Did the right thing and put p plates up, put her seat back in the position it was in etc. Never got caught until one day mum went for a drive and the sun hit the front window showing the mark of where a p plate had been!! Oops! Luckily we didn't stack it though.
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #46
mowog
Discovery 4

Never crashed my parents car...

But my son ran into an Audi last week :

After reading some posts here I will never leave the keys for XR6 Turbo at home while I am away.

Gen Y's what a pain in the A R S E!
Lotus Trooper.
Mini Inspired by Goodwood.
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #47
devilracer_01
Sleeping Beast

What happened? On my L's coming into our driveway, mistook the accelerator for the brake and smashed the car through the fence.

How bad was it? Fence destroyed new bumper and headlights for the car.

Did you get away with it? Hell no my mum was sitting next to me
devilracer_01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #48
T3ts50
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Driving my Dads NA Fairlane on my Ls went around a corner a bit to fast and hit a street sign. Front bumber became unhinged. On my Ps driving my Dads DF LTD scraped a well with minor paint damage. Me and my fates fixed it up that day without my Dad knowing.
T3ts50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 12:25 PM   #49
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilracer_01
What happened? On my L's coming into our driveway, mistook the accelerator for the brake and smashed the car through the fence.

How bad was it? Fence destroyed new bumper and headlights for the car.

Did you get away with it? Hell no my mum was sitting next to me
my brother did the same thing on his L's. went through a set of French doors and parked dad's car in the living room.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #50
xr8-200

I've never crashed my parents cars but I was kicked out of home because my sister borrowed my parents car without asking. I dont understand why I was the one who was punished but my old man still insists that I got off lightly.....needless to say but his logic can be hard to understand at times.
xr8-200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #51
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

When i was about 18-19 My car was off the road (1970 HT Kingswood broke both engine mounts trying to do a burnout) anyways Dad lent me his 1995 TS Magna Wagon (his pride and joy) i was out with a couple of mates and locked the brakes up in the wet. I ploughed up the of a Honda Civic, Pushed that into a holden Astra, pushed that into a Nissan Navara and that into a pole. I was doing about 80ks, coming down a Hill on princes hwy Clayton and the car had RE92s on it (worst wet weather tyre) When i hit the stop peddel she just locked up and that was me gone. Dad wouldnt talk to me for a few days but hes fine now and the magna was repaired better than ever before (new bonnet, front guards, Rad support, Bumper, Radiator, Battery, AC Condensor, Power steering bottle, Fues panel, K-Frame, Exhaust manifold and a heap of other stuff) the car was classed a write of but dad managed to proove that the car was worth fixing. The day he picked it up from the Panel Beaters we went to coles on the way home and some lowlife Keyed dads brand new bonnet which the panel beater repaired free of charge... Thats my story

P.S. Dad lets me drive it again these days

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #52
XCSEDAN
i'm baaaack....

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2sw
^^^^^^^GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!! what kind of speed where you doing for that to happen! bet youve been cut from the will now too.
ummm very fast.... i dont recall the speed but going purely by the skid... the police told me 130...
actually amazingly the insurance came through (cause i took it without my parents permission)....
XCSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 11:29 PM   #53
EvilChief
Boost Addict

never crashed my parents cars ... considering the circumstances my parents let me drive their cars, it is amazing ... some close calls thou:

1) a few days into having my license i mistaken accelareator for brake and went full throttle into my parking spot. handbrake saved me that time, amazingly i parked perfectly in the lines, a foot from front line and a foot from rear line - pure luck, but i did stall it in the process :S

2) 230km/h down the autobahn in germany in dad's 520d BMW company car from stuttgart to singen. that stretch is 182km long of unrestricted highway of 2 to 4 lanes at all times. my dad's best time was 1h and 12 min. that day i beat it in 1h and 8 min. By the way dad was sitting in the passanger side asleep. Only comment was when we got there: "Damnit, now i gotta try and beat your time". Having said that, having a cop car follow you at $200 is an interesting experience, doing tandem driving with a porsche and avoiding some dopey SOB at every autobahn entry and exit, who doest check their mirrors before entering was fun and resulted in some inetersting and close calls.

3) Christmas visits to the grandparents, my dad in the backseat of mums 2 door sports coupe (he just fits in there), mum in pasenger seat and me driving, plus boot full of stuff. weather predictiosn were fine, but being christmas it had to snow. since the autobahn was completely snowed in and i could have walked faster home, i decided to leave the autobahn and take the regular roads. the condition of those roads werent much better, but less traffic. one section had a pretty steep decline, with black ice under a thin layer of snow. as i was skidding down this decline, with a rather overweight car (FWD of course), an oncoming car lost controle and skidded into my lane and had no hope of returning in time. so it was up to me to face either a head on skid, or improvise. once again the handbrake to the rescue, full lock to the left, release handbrake, full lock to the right and full throttle. and you got a perfect skid around an out of control car on icy roads. how i didnt hit any of the parked cars, light polls, gutters or whatever else on that road, i have no idea, but i was thankful.

two accident in my car thou:

1: first rain in 2 years, road with otthohles, water over road: front tyre hits pothohe hidden under water, violently reefs car to the left, i over correct to the right, heading for medium strip, i once again over correct to the left with some (too much) throttle to pull car away from gutter on medium strip, turn the *** end around and skid backwards into a sign post, which makes me skid sidways towards a light pole. impact smack on the b pillar, brakes driver window, drivers door doesnt open and i sit in teh rain. all clear and i drive home (wet).

2. subaru liberty hits island and brakes rear bumper ... dont ask questions just happened
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 02:38 AM   #54
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
That's good of him, Feathers. My Dad freaked my sister out big time when she was on her Ls. She was driving through a gate, and just as she went through, he gave the roof a bit of a hit with his open palm (on the outside of the ute). It made a fair bit of noise, and my sister had thought she'd hit the gate post. It was just Dad playing a prank but it was pretty cruel.
It is cruel isn't it my dad when I was on my L's in a very roo prone area right at dusk suddenly screamed ROO! from the back seat, I crap myself and hit the skids, turns out the roos were 100m to the side in a paddock! and the merc behind me didn't come withing 50m of me the rest of the trip!

But my only prang in parents or own car is at a intersection i was turning right and basically head onned a festiva in dads '84 L300 work van since I was doing less then 25kph at the time and where they ended up I have no doubt that they were going a little fast but since i was turning right my fault. but writing off that dad went back on his rule that I'd have to pay for it, cos he figured with the fine and everything (I was nearly 17 at the time) I'd have enough to pay off though I couldn't borrow mums car for quite a while afterwards
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 03:09 AM   #55
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

I rolled Mums Mazda Protoge when I was 17...Just underestimated a corner, took it to fast... hit some gravel and saw a patch of grass that looked like a nice place to direct the car except that that nice patch of grass was growing out of a 10 Ft. Deep Stormwater Ditch and over she went...the Damage? Not major at all actually...pulling the car out of the Hole was what wrote it off
Old 18-07-2007, 03:29 AM   #56
Tles
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I worked from 15 on so bought several cars to restore or drive before I was 18. So my Dad was driving my car when he was Tboned at lights and wrote it off. I'd only gotten my Ls the week before and had driven the Sigma twice. Nice clean 2.6 autoSE deceased estate too.
I did manage to put my 2.0litre Kombi on it's side in a ditch on the Great Ocean Road the next week though whilst avoiding a headon with a overtaking HZ. Towed her out changed the wheel and drove home.
Tles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 03:31 AM   #57
Zed7fiddy
Temporary Australian

Mums lancer:Backed it into my XD as the XD was out of action because I Ran it into a gutter and it was on blocks having a suspension overhaul, only riped the side trim off the lancer, damaging the rear bumper to the XD - Which never got fixed

Again in the Lancer, this was after my XD Got written off (Head on with a girl in a corolla who ran a red light), I pulled out onto a XE and hit him above the rear left quater, causing the need for a whole new front end

Dads Navara: Backed into a EA Falcon when leaving a fish Co-Op one night, no damage to the ute due to a steel tray.

Dads AU Ute: and When I had the Navara ute I was taking the steel sides off the tray when I dropped on one the old mans AU Ute, front Right Quater panel.

Every accident I have been in has involved a ford lol
Zed7fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #58
stupa

Had a fair few. while on my L's, pssy driving out behind our house i backed my dads hilux into a tree, a coupla months before that i misjudged a turn in a car park and hit a support post in my mums patrol, had to get out with some chain to straighten out the bumper coz the front left wheel was pinned hard right. After I got my P's a fell asleep at the wheel and drove my dad's VU storm through a tree and dented every pannel down the left side, and about 6 months later i slid the hilux up the back of a rodeo, took a towball through the radiator and decimated everything back to the block. Oh yeah I lost my license for that one too. 'Driving without due care' on P's is a killer
stupa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post