Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2006, 11:26 PM   #1
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Default Cyclists

Ok, i nearly got killed today. I am getting personal training, and this involves some cycling on the road. Now the last 3 times i've been on the road ( i can't cycle in the bike lane because CARS are in there parked! ) cars get real close to me, seem like they're going to hit me. One idiot opened his car door right in front of me causing me to swerve on the road more - dangerous at 6pm! True, i should'nt be riding a bike in such a dangerous area with a broken shoulder blade, but i need to keep fit, and only do it a few days a week on the road. There's only about 4 in our group.

Look i drive too, but don't some people care?
why are the cycle lanes so damn big to make it a car park?
What legal action is available should they hit me? it's not a case of if, but when.

i didn't want to post this on here, but i want this communities thoughts on bike riders, and if you give them room, or care if you hit one.

max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post