Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
Casablanca
carburettor

hey guys im 6' 7" and weigh in at prolly 145 want to make it to 100kgs and ill be happy, used to be junior qld bodybuilding champ and was pure muscle now im just flab how much does that suck im gunna try the new gear that stops you absorbing fat ill see how it gos
HSV Team shirt..... $65
Tank of Fuel....$75
Being cornered by a 17 year old bogan with 2 kids and no teeth telling you how much she loves HSV's..... Priceless
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Guys, if anyone wants to shed a load of weight, try the Tony Ferguson program. My old man lost over 50kgs doing it. The premise is putting the body into mild kytosis so the body chews up body-stored fat. You have a shake for brekkie, shake + salad for lunch and meat + vegies or salad for dinner, fruit for snakes. No bread, no starchies vegies, nothing basically carbs other than what you get from the shakes. Exercise helps it work faster.

I'm trying to lost the beer gut, no really worried about weight so much as just the gut - seems to be the only place my body stores fat. Too many pints over Xmas and I made it a little bigger. Just jogging, some weights in the shed and eating better, should do the trick.
Mark351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #3
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death351
Guys, if anyone wants to shed a load of weight, try the Tony Ferguson program. My old man lost over 50kgs doing it. The premise is putting the body into mild kytosis so the body chews up body-stored fat. You have a shake for brekkie, shake + salad for lunch and meat + vegies or salad for dinner, fruit for snakes. No bread, no starchies vegies, nothing basically carbs other than what you get from the shakes. Exercise helps it work faster.

I'm trying to lost the beer gut, no really worried about weight so much as just the gut - seems to be the only place my body stores fat. Too many pints over Xmas and I made it a little bigger. Just jogging, some weights in the shed and eating better, should do the trick.
Fad diets like these shakes work, loose heaps quick. But it isn't a long term fix, most people that loose weight on these plans, start putting it back on as soon as they go off them.
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM   #4
LilMissDrift

OK Im thinking i may need a lil motivation.. i mean im 19 - but only just!
Im getting married in 15 months, however.. i wanna lose a lot of weight... i mean i had a heart attack at 18, literally, and i wanna get healthy... Any suggestions!!!
~Spoiler

~*.No its NOT my Boyfriends Car.*~
LilMissDrift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
StealthAu
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
Im getting married in 15 months, however.. i wanna lose a lot of weight... i mean i had a heart attack at 18, literally, and i wanna get healthy... Any suggestions!!!
Duramine - Weight loss + motivation
StealthAu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissDrift
Exercise and eat well, sorry I believe the only way to get healthy is to do it the hard way, that is why we as a society are fat and obbese, because we are lazy, I don't believe in all these fad diet's that promise everything, eat well everyday and I mean everyday and exercise, it is the only way, the hard way,
and am I the only one on here that want's to put on weight, lol, I am 95kg, I am trying to reach the ton, but with muscle, everything is working for me so far, I train hard and yes it get's you down but you have to get passed this, mentally and stay focused, in the end it is worth it. I eat a balenced diet everyday, a lot off protien, good carb's not crap carb's, and a ballenced amount off fat, it is esential, I havn't had a choclate bar for god know's how long, it is hard not to but you do it, but the saying goes you are what you eat.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Booka
OzECruisers FTW

At my school the year 12's are doing a "Biggest Losser" type program this year, so my goal is to go from 126.7kg's to around 80kg's. So it should be a great time.

EB II GLi, AU 4lt and auto conversion :evil3: , 17" mags, Tub's on the way, Sound system, Tinted windows, Lowered.
Booka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Kangaroo meat, you should try this, it is magnificant, if you can get passed the sense off it it has a very high protien content and extreamly low fat content, mmmmmmm, I love it, lot's off egg's don't frow out the yolk as this is where all the nutrient's are, yeah sure there is fat there but not a great deal and it is good for you in moderation, just like real milk,mmmmmmmmm. I love my diary.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 PM   #9
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Second attempt.... Spiked after Xmas at 143kg.
Started Betty Baxter a week and a half ago.
Start weight was 142.9kg. BMI was off the chart.
Blood pressure was spot on.

In the last week, I dropped a whole BMI point, and also dropped 2.9kg. Bringing me back down to 140kg.

I've tried similar programs in the past (Herbalife), but this is the best by far.

Have to travel up to Ayr to buy it, as no chemists in Bowen stock it. Weigh in fortnightly.

I'm walking half an hour every afternoon, and jump on the exercise bike 15-20 minutes every morning.

Cheers

Darran

Last edited by Dazza TT; 11-02-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Dazza TT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I have been bad myself ... Xmas was a killer for me ... and I have backed off on the exercise.

I have now reached 94kg ... the most I have ever been. I just need to back off on the portion sizes a bit ... and I need to exercise more (that's the main problem really).

I have another Cholesterol check coming up again ... September it was up around 10 again ... after a change in medication it was back to 6.5 in January.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #11
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Portion size is the first thing you need to tackle. I've cut my dinner by 2/3's!
I'm a big steak fan, what can I say!

Dropped another 2kg last week.

Cheers

Darran
Old 22-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #12
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Ok, time to put this on public record so I can help motivate myself. Im not a tall guy (174cm), and in year 12 was fairly thin. Not skinny, a little bit of a gut but nothing too bad. Uni started, and I started eating badly. I put on a bit but mucking around with a footy between classes helped keep it under control. I started work last year, and the sedentry lifestyle had a major effect on me, especially since november when we moved into town and I was getting takeaway every day. I'm now 82-83kg. Clothes that used to be really loose are now a bit tight. A belt my fiancee bought me intially was way too big, now I use the original notches it came with.

I've cut out junk food (which is hard, because my fiancee loves the stuff and has a fast metabolism/active job so she stays skinny), eat grapes as snacks at work, drink lots of water, cut down on the grog, smaller portion sizes, and have started walking at least half hour a day.

My shoulder are fairly broad for my size, so once I start losing weight I want to tone up and look a lot better. I'm getting married in March next year, and I want to look good so now I have major motivation.

Now, time to buy a set of scales....

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #13
Dazza TT
Now Prado Powered

Was away at a conference last week. Didn't stick to the diet too well, and still lost 900gm. Gotta be happy with that!!!

Cheers

Darran
Old 14-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #14
JACK250
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My trainer says I'm old enough to start on protein supliments now, so it will be interesting how much weight/muscle that helps me put on
JACK250 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #15
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

I got back on "Tony Ferguson" meal replacement shakes recently.
I have lost 12 kilos in 4 weeks. I want to lose 10 more.....I will keep you informed.
Old 18-03-2008, 09:11 AM   #16
Imagine_
Master Tech

Hey all,

Haven't finished reading all the thread yet.... 21 pages of it...lol

Anyways, End of november last year i weighed about 100kgs since then im down to around 88 kgs... i lost about 7kgs by christmas and then since then only last another 5-6kgs which has been a struggle i believe...

I have a fairly entensive exercise program i believe.... currently play basketball twice a week, squash once a week, the other 2-3 days im running from ave of 8.5km upto 14km.. i normally have monday off to relax....

over a night i normally do about 40-50 pushups and 50 situps and 10 reverse situp and spike...

my diet is pretty good throughout the day, at night i tend to have a lil snack on some chocolate or biscuit, other than that i mainly eat, salads, fruit, yogurt, and or ave dinner meal (mainly chicken), im now i believe not loosing any wieght whatsoever, ive notive my legs are becoming more toned and less fatty but im struggling to loose the rest of my gut and abit left on my chest...

Is there anyone here who can recommend something for me??

I am considering getting up mon-fri mornings and going for a 30-45 min walk before breakky. Im not doing any weights as i spent 1yr orso in the gym a few yrs back... i lost 3-4kgs and but way too much on in muscle.... im pretty big stature, shoulders down to my thighs, so ill doubt ill ever be a slender person, but like to get rid of the gut best as possible.

im about 174cms, last weighed in at 88kgs and 25yrs old.... looking to drop 6-8kgs by May if i can.... any suggestions?
Imagine_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #17
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuff
I got back on "Tony Ferguson" meal replacement shakes recently.
I have lost 12 kilos in 4 weeks. I want to lose 10 more.....I will keep you informed.
How does that work mate?

Thats a great effort!

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #18
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

i just last week bought a 360pound(163kg) weight set, so i have been hitting it the past week , my current weight is 85kg, don't want to get any lighter, but want to lose a little more weight and build muscle(or build muscle, then 'cut'.) but have no special diet, but no junk food.

I think it has been a year and a half since I started dieting, but during that period i have had a lot of up and downs in terms of binge eating... so yeah, anyways, i dont think anyone has seen what i use to look like, but picture a 120kg body, now picture a 85kg body.. :P

for the last year i have been doing situps (off and on) but lately been doing it full on, i can feel my abs, but excess fat has to come off my stomach before they show.. :( atleast i'll be ready for 'next' summer haha. also a bit of cardio too at the time, up to 8-10km half walk half jog, nothing drastic. but i am doing squats now that I have the weight machine :P

me currently:

and what I just bought:
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #19
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Spend less time loosing weight and start cleaning the house..... look at the condition of that mirror

Some black tape over the nipples next time please....!!!!!
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #20
ELtim
Six One Eight

I'm in for weight gain.

For Sale: Year Old Gas System
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=2644272#post2644272
ELtim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #21
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

the mirror is probably cleaner then the house, :P

you know you love my nipples ;)

edit: my squat bar ... the welds just broke off lol, time to get the mig out, but I guess you get what you pay for.
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-05-2008, 10:16 PM   #22
full house

Hi! I need to gain wait! I heard Appeton in television, is it good? how much would that cost?

: : :
full house is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #23
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

Heya everyone. was just reading this forum and have decided that seeing all the different results managed by so many people in here, it is the inspiration i need to start losing my fat, toning up and getting fit. Here's my short story:

i'll go back to the primary school days, was the Junior boys sports champion yrs 1-3, intermediate champion yrs 4-5, senior champion yrs 6-7. Got into high school and started a very unactive lifestyle where footy was my only sport, which lasted for just over 20 weeks of each year. Started to drink regularly when i reached yr11 (16) and have done since. i am now 22.

at my last medical i weighed 105kg and am about 172cm tall. Over the last 3 years or so my fitness has taken a battering with constant hamstring injuries from footy, and this has made me feel very lethargic, especially when it comes to running as im afraid i might pull another hammy! I'm not overly fat, but have a gut and fat chest. and i have a large ***.

my plan is not to lose too much weight as i am happy with being 100ish kg, but certainly want to turn all my fat and flab into muscle, while gaining some fitness along the way. I have decided i will drink the recommended 2L water a day, walk/run to the gym at least 3 days a week and i have lots of stairs i am going to climb every work shift i have, to help strengthen my leg muscles.
I will continue to eat healthy, and try to at least 5 times a day. I am committed to drinking Low Carb beers only also.

Also after doing some investigating, last month i ordered a bottle of tablets called Testoroid. These are NOT steroids but rather a testosterone based supplement. they are designed to help strengthen muscles to beat weight lifting plateau's, and also reduce skin fold thickness (among other things). i have found that after taking these for the past 3 weeks the skin fold thickness of my biceps has certainly decreased giving them a more defined appearance (veins visible etc.) and also my sex drive has gone through the roof!! <--- i like this the most hehe! Anyways, i will try to repost when progress occurs and share my success/failures.

Cheers,
Stevo
Old 16-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #24
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Haven't read all the thread, but I'm definatly in for some weight gain.

Any tips at all on what I should do? I'm 20 and weight roughly 58kg I think. So some weight is definatly in order.

I've been reading up and it says I should be eating up to 6 meals a day, with 3 hours in between. What foods should I be eating, high calorie foods? Should I be taking a weight gain supplement and doing some kind of weights, etc.

How fast do results usually appear?

I know my problem with weight gain is a fast metabolism and high testosterone levels (so the doctor told me). I put on weight, maybe a kg here and there, but it disappears just as fast as I gained it.

So if someone could post me up some hints and tips or anything, let me know. I don't want to get to body builder spec or anything, I just want to get to a weight where I look good, and feel comfortable with how I look. Because it is at the stage now, where as lame as it sounds, I'm pretty much ashamed of the way I look, etc etc. Not to mention all my mates hang shite on me.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #25
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Its quite simple you need to eat and eat lot's, eat a lot of fat, (if you have a high metabolism like you say) but when I say fat I mean good fats, not sat fats, eat alot of nut's, non fat milk, yogart, and meats but watch this area, only have very lean meats, people like you can eat a lot of fat and get away with it, actually anyone can eat a lot of fat and get away with it aslong as it is good fats and they are active, I would also eat a lot of low Gi high complex carbs throughout the day to fuel yourself, but your fat intake will do this aswell, and eat good protien, lot's of chicken(no skin) and Turkey I prefer turkey, and eggs with more of the eggwhites as a focus, and freash fruit and vegs is a must, but the key is to eat, anyone can do it, you just need to eat and do it consistantly, your appetite will grow and you will find your body craves food if you do not eat it , but you have to do it day in and day out, if you skip a meal because you are to busy or cant be bothered then forget everything I have said, because it will be a waist of time, you need to eat everyday, every week, I went from 68odd kgs to a stagering 100kg, but now I am down to a much healthier 95kg, although I train alot and I am more focused on muscle than fat, it will still happen for you if YOU EAT LOTS AND GOOD FOOD.
Old 21-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #26
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hey everyone just read through the whole thread front to back and its really given me the motivation to do something..im only 17 and about 175cms but weigh 100kgs, ive been building up my biceps through weights and doing situps/pushups everynight so im not overly fat or anything just have a pretty big *** and a gut and it sort of does get you down a bit sometimes.

i know the places i need to work on and that'd be exercise and drinking enough water/cutting down on the size of meals, anyone know any tricks to getting your body used to eating smaller meals?

i looked at the tony ferguson stuff but its way too expensive..i'd be happy get rid of the overhang and tone up, would it be better to lose the weight or try turn it into muscle?

cheers
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #27
StAndArdAU
Back in a Blue Oval

it depends on if you're comfortable with the number that is representing your weight. Jsut remember that doing weights is going to turn the fat into muscle so your not going to lose alot of weight, and in fact you may gain weight (muscle weighs more than fat), but in turning into muscle you should be able to tone your body. Have a search for weight lifting excercises that are designed to tone rather than build. find some stairs to walk up & down to tone your buttocks. and add some long walks or runs to your regime say, once a week at least. and remember that to lose weight you need to use more energy than you are putting into your body (calories). so if you're going to eat 1500 calories a day, you'll want to use ~1700 calories a day or else you'll never see a difference.
Old 29-07-2008, 02:38 PM   #28
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Ok, well I'll give an update. I managed to lose about 4kg over the course of about a month, I started getting compliments from family about how I was looking better. I admit I got lazy and complacent, and the exercise I was doing gradually dropped away to next to nothing. I'm not quite as big as I was before, but not a lot less. Last night I had a work dinner on, and I've never felt so uncomfortable. I wore my suit which I haven't worn in about 18 months. It was a bit tight when I bought it, but last night I had a lot more trouble trying to get into it. It's uncomfortable for me to admit that, but I can't keep avoiding it.

The biggest problem I have is the difficulty to integrate exercise into my daily routine. I can't ride to work, as it's a 1 hour, 70km trip. When I get to work, I sit at a desk all day. I was a bit of a tubby kid in early high school, when I started to swim. I was good at it, but didn't enjoy it so I dropped it after a couple of years (you try getting a 13 year old to look at a black line for an hour!). But looking back it got me fit pretty quick and after I left I've never been as fit.

I used to finish work at 5, now I finish at 4 and I've discovered a pool facility that is on my way home. Given I beat my fiancee home by about 45 mins and watch tv, I may as well start going there on the way home. My fiancee like to cycle, so I've researched some cycle ways in the area so we can go for a ride on the weekends.

I eat fairly healthy now (although is lebanese bread any better than white bread?). Breakfast was one of those breakfast bars, now I eat fruit and yoghurt. Lunch is either a turkey or chicken wrap with salads (no more cheese!), and I snack on more fruit late arvo. I try to drink a lot of water, normally about 1.5L/day but I'm going to drink that extra 600mL. I think dinner is where I fall down, my finacee likes rice, pasta, etc and I like meat, particularly roasts with gravy (maybe one a week or less).

Anyway, the clock is ticking towards our wedding and I haven't made any improvements. Time to get my rear end in gear.

Wow, sorry for the long post, I guess I had a bit to get off of my chest.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #29
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Well i started going to the pool in the mornings for about a week now... and i'm already feeling the difference to the body... my muscles are feeling used and great! my confidence is already improving... i feel better in the morning... and there is a nice young lady there who i have my eye on hehe ;)

I'll see about getting measured up soon i think... gives me a start mark and easier to track...
Old 20-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #30
Panda
XR6 and XR8 Club of QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEPRINT
...and there is a nice young lady there who i have my eye on hehe...
Another reason why a home gym should be avoided. Much better to get out of the house!

Panda