Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #481
elvisidal
Tatalia's a pimp!

when i was 14 I put both the trucks on my skateboard the wrong way around using the oldest stripped and rusted bolts I had before so it took forever to get on and off.

Rewired a guitar pickups the wrong way and wondered why the bridge one wouldn't work

painted a door blue and the number 5 white on one door then painting the other door white with a blue 5 ..

general notpayingattentiontolittle things which in turn leads to major things being obvious failures
Old 13-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #482
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige
Changed diff centre.. Went for spin around block.. Tidying up noticed full bottle of diff oil sitting on bench..
Meh. I used to drive to the servo real slowly to put it on the hoist to fill it up.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2010, 08:15 PM   #483
04redxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Many years ago, rebuilt a 202 for a UC sunbird. The head gasket looked identical front to back, except for the small openings for the water jackets at the rear. After a couple of weeks of over heating, and not knowing why, decided to build a 253 for the car. That was when I discovered what had happened.
04redxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 04:58 PM   #484
Watto_Cobra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty85
Id have to say the silliest thing ive done was unbolting something on my magna around the battery. The ratchet somehow made contact with both terminals. Got quite a kick out of it, and it melted the contact points on the ratchet hahaha.

Numerous times ive forgotten to label spark plug leads to their correct terminal, but somehow have winged it correctly.
Battery's are handy. Was out pruning pine trees when I was in forestry. My BIC lighter died and the Landcruiser's was missing. A few drops of chainsaw juice on a rag and a spanner across the battery terminals saw us right.
Daily: SZII - 56,000 km - converted to Tezza
Watto_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #485
CFOUR
The Destroyer

I woke up to leave for work in the dark a 4:30am, damn flat Tyre. grab the workshop jack take off wheel with flat Tyre, hmm better call and say I'm running late. hang up phone put wheel on lower jack tighten nuts put jack back in shed and attempt to drive away but somethings not right. I had put the same bloody wheel back on!

Two days later at 4:45am doing 110km/h on the highway my left rear Tyre exploded (never buy nankangs), guess who hadn't had the time to get his spare Tyre fixed.
Old 14-02-2010, 07:05 PM   #486
sen

is it just me or does that look like a retread?
sen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #487
krt10
eskyman

it looks like a nankang
Old 14-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #488
CFOUR
The Destroyer

not a retread a 1200km old nankang
Old 15-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #489
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i had a flat battery and a dead starter on my EB. Replaced the battery after trying to jump start the thing for about an hour, got frustrated and slammed the bonnet shut onto the ratchet an socket sitting on the header tank, being cranky and frustrated i slammed it gain only to realise the problem and the dint in the bonnet
on an EF i used to own i put an EB battery in coz it needed 1 only to realise after they swapped the terminals from EF onwards after it was hooked up. So glap it was only the main fuse that died
tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 05:16 AM   #490
xyef351
bent8

Well my dilemma was when I had locked my keys in my car. Which was a 302 xd fairmont ghia, while at the shops, So i thought i,d crawl under the front and pull the dipstick out, I reached up and pulled it up then bend it over and pulled it up sum more then bent it over again , then grabbed it to lift it up some more and thought dam thats hot, really hot, had a look up to see what was going on and it was glowing red, dam thing found the positive terminal didnt it, had to grab it and rip it away from there fast, dam didnt that hurt my hand.
xyef351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #491
XF Falcon
[FORCED]

Installed my new Brembos on the front of the XR6T. Bled all four brakes (hadn't been done since I purchased the car), starting from the rear left, then rear right, front left then front right. Made sure all the air was out of the new front brakes, and thought excellent, time to drive around the block for a while and bed them in.

Start to reverse down the driveway and the brake pedal sinks down to the floor and the car barely stops in time before the road! ummm thats not right! I thought the 6 pistons were meant to be better than that! lol

So back into the garage, wheels off again, bled the fronts again, and sure enough a little little bit of air came out there. Cool, time for another test drive!
DOH same thing!!!!!

took the wheels off again, looked around scratching my head...

Then it finally struck me... I was only bleeding the outside nipple and totally forgot about the inside nipple! (in my defence it was out of sight) LOL
So I only had half of each front calliper bled properly!

Needless to say, after bleeding ALL 6 pistons in each calliper, the brakes worked like a charm
Old 16-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #492
Oxa384
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old bloke down the end of our street was doing some work on his 94 camry i watched him drive past back and forward about 4-5 times then he stops out the front reving the bjesus out of it then suddenly white smoke starts poring out the exhaust pipe and starts filling the air!!!

As i went to go down to him it starts to take off (sounding like its slipping big time) he makes it down to his house filling the entire area in smoke.he came up to ask me what he could of done as he only did a oil change,it had me stumped so i went down to investigate what had happened,what he done was drained the automatic trans instead of the engine oil then filled the motor with 4 litres of oil,so he had nearly 8 litres in the engine and no oil in his trans!!

He even went and bought a allen key specially to fit the trans plug.....
He is allways stiring me up about my car so it was a bit of laugh when this happened.
Epic Fail!!
Oxa384 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #493
stev3n

My first car was a Dato 200B. I burnt the clutch out and decided I'd replace it myself.
Anyhow removed gearbox and pressure plate on my own. Installed pressure plate and gearbox again. Just about to take car off the jacks thinking to myself how clever I was, just at the same time as dad arrived home.

Dad says "what are you doing"
"Replacing the clutch"
Dad "why did you buy two clutches?"
"What do you mean?"
Dad "Well the new clutch plate is still sitting on the workbench"

He gave me a hand to do the job over again
stev3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #494
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

At work, I had finished draining the oil with the car up on the hoist, I moved the oil drum out of the way and started lowering the car, 30 seconds later I hear a snap and a crunch sound, I caught the number plate on the very edge of the oil drum and snapped the frame and bent the numberplate..
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #495
rex351

As a first year apprentice aircraft engineer I was the parts cleaning boy. Had a magnesium sump/intake manifold to paint strip for dye checking and put it in the stripper bath for the recommended 4 hours on a Friday morning. Remembered it on Monday arvo and pulled it out to find it had lost 3kg and now looked like swiss cheese! Boss not happy with that one. Have also seen same boss try to taxi a cessna away still tied down to the ground, lots of noise and dust but no movement!
rex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2010, 10:16 AM   #496
ltd
Force Fed Fords

My sister had an ED and it blew the head gasket. She had limited funds at the time, I had done three of them years earlier and as I tend to work 5 on, 6 off I thought; "I'll fix it for you". Stripped it all down, took head bolts out, undid timing chain tensioner and removed timing chain sprocket from the cam whilst still wired up and thought ha ha, success. All I gotta do now is remove the head. Long story short, lifted it off and forgot that little bolt on the front of the head - SNAP. Bye bye timing chain guide. Felt like a prized idiot for that one.

Quote: