Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #361
rancidpunx
FPV GTR

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For technical contribution to all things car-care related. And helping/advising forum members with the best possible information. 
Default Re: Malaysian Airways Flight 370

Even if they find it, the conspiracies will still flow thick and fast. "Its not the real plane, its a staged wreckage, hence the bumbling around and time it took to "Find". etc etc
- Veridian Green PJ Ranger XLT -
The Work Truck

rancidpunx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #362
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

This latest search zone would seem to be aligned to a trajectory of the plane turning around and attempting to head back to KL but continuing beyond KL to the point where it simply ran out of fuel. I'm thinking the mysterious radar tracking of a plane into the Straights of Malaca is just noise from Malaysian govco. Malaysia hasn't helped the efforts when it declared without any doubt that the plane had headed west and flew in such a way to avoided radar tracking. If this is the wreckage, then it comes down to an issue with the plane and attempts to return back to KL or a potential 9-11 event which failed. Either way Malaysian govt haven't handled this with much dignity.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 08:17 PM   #363
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
This latest search zone would seem to be aligned to a trajectory of the plane turning around and attempting to head back to KL but continuing beyond KL to the point where it simply ran out of fuel. I'm thinking the mysterious radar tracking of a plane into the Straights of Malaca is just noise from Malaysian govco. Malaysia hasn't helped the efforts when it declared without any doubt that the plane had headed west and flew in such a way to avoided radar tracking. If this is the wreckage, then it comes down to an issue with the plane and attempts to return back to KL or a potential 9-11 event which failed. Either way Malaysian govt haven't handled this with much dignity.
We're hardly going to hear the Malaysian government say they haven't the capability to track an unidentified aircraft in it's airspace.

When questioned yesterday, Hishammuddin Hussein, the Malaysian Transport minister, was asked when the satellite images of the debris in the Indian Ocean was taken. He didn't know, even when told the date stamp was 16 March 2014.

The Malay's are not used to their capabilities and authority being questioned. This situation is causing both and is embarrassing for them.
2 users like this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 09:13 PM   #364
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post

The Malay's are not used to their capabilities and authority being questioned. This situation is causing both and is embarrassing for them.
If it was a deliberate act by the pilot and the debris is off the coast of WA, then he couldnt have picked a more distant location to expose the current leadership.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #365
nstg8a

It makes no sense for a pilot to commit harikari halfway to the antarctic
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-03-2014, 10:49 PM   #366
MDS69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I haven't gone back to read all of the posts, my bad, but with regards to the discovery of items S/W of WA if it was plane wreckage why is it still floating.
Also someone earlier wrote that there is speculation that the Aussie radar can track further than what the government admit to. Just pure speculation here I wonder if Australia knew where it was all along but couldn't admit to such as it would expose the extent of their capabilities. How is that for a theory.
MDS69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #367
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Doubtful whether even JORN would track something that far out.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #368
ray38l

The government would have to be pretty confident of what is in the ocean to make such a big deal about it. I have read elsewhere that the other unreleased images have more depth to the pictures .
If it is Australia that finds it, it would look a bit embarrassing for Malaysia. From reading aviation forums the general sentiment is that because Australia is involved then it must be it this time.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 10:13 AM   #369
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstg8a View Post
It makes no sense for a pilot to commit harikari halfway to the antarctic
Makes a lot of sense if you want to either bring your national carrier to its knees, make your government appear incompetent, or both.

On the latter, I think a deliberate ditching in the Indian Ocean has certainly done that. For the former, I wonder what the impact to MAS's customer numbers have been in the wake of the MH370 disappearance has been? And the longer the search goes on, the greater the impact would be I suspect.

If this was a deliberate plan, it appears to have been both excellently planned and executed.

Craig H

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 02:02 PM   #370
cram_it_frog
wombat

still no sold news and the amount of man power being sent to the bottom of the world is climbing each day two air craft with SES personel are on the way all along with numbers private ships and navey ships

we are also getting chinese and japenese aircraft

but sadly this time of year the weather in that part of the world is not good vision is ok today but tomorrow it wil get worse

Some of you might rember this I was living in perth at the time this huy had a beer alarm thing that gave his location and it was dificurlt to find him

On 5 January 1997, in the Southern Ocean near 52°S 100°E, Bullimore's boat, Exide Challenger capsized and the majority of press and media reports assumed that the 55-year-old sailor was lost. The Royal Australian Navy launched a rescue mission for Bullimore and another capsized competitor, Thierry Dubois.
Bullimore was alive and managed to survive in an air pocket in the upside-down boat in pitch darkness, having lost his food supplies - his only food was a bar of chocolate. On 9 January, Thierry Dubois was rescued by an Australian S-70B-2 Seahawk helicopter embarked on the frigate HMAS Adelaide.
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 02:09 PM   #371
cram_it_frog
wombat

I tell you what guys and girls we need to take out hats off to the Guy and Ladies of the Australian SES they risk life and limb for no fee every time they go out to help us . As soon as the phone rings they drop what they are doing and go out and help the comunity.

Personally I feel a little some extra when they retire would not go astray they have given so much of there time , just imagine if the were paid full time wages it would cost a small fortune.

Yes i was a founding meber of g]Gosnells SES i did it for 2 or 3 years and had to move away for work i did a few searchs a lot of storm cleaning up

but I think this is a first to be sent out looking for a aircraft the trip is a long one and will take a full day out.
cram_it_frog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #372
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram_it_frog View Post

On 5 January 1997, in the Southern Ocean near 52°S 100°E, Bullimore's boat, Exide Challenger capsized and the majority of press and media reports assumed that the 55-year-old sailor was lost. The Royal Australian Navy launched a rescue mission for Bullimore and another capsized competitor, Thierry Dubois.
Bullimore was alive and managed to survive in an air pocket in the upside-down boat in pitch darkness, having lost his food supplies - his only food was a bar of chocolate. On 9 January, Thierry Dubois was rescued by an Australian S-70B-2 Seahawk helicopter embarked on the frigate HMAS Adelaide.
Way off topic but years ago we invited Bullimore as special motivational speaker to a work conference, everything was going well until he invited the audience for any questions. The first question was a gem (it was also the last question).

Question: Since your rescue you've written a book and given motivational speeches where you have made money from your circumstance. Do you think you should repay some costs back to the Australian Government for your rescue?

Answer: Bullimore stuttered for a few moments, promptly packed up his gear and walk out, I guess that meant NO!
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #373
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

They are definitely ramping things up. More ships and planes on the way and I just saw what looked like a C-5 Galaxy fly over my house on approach to either Perth Airport or Pearce. Probably had some of that remote-operated deep sea gear in it.

EDIT: And another. Although could be a C-17 Globemaster III, but this one looked like it had the Chinese flag on the tail.

EDIT 2: It was this:

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin

Last edited by Road_Warrior; 22-03-2014 at 05:33 PM.
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #374
ltd
Force Fed Fords

One of my friends was recently on CNN being asked for an opinion. Sadly there is so much speculation by those who have very little idea as to what happened, it has clouded the issue significantly. Seems that journalists desperate for information are adding 2+2 and getting 5.
Compounding the issue, is the ridiculous release of information by the Malaysians who are desperate to save face. Each piece of information released is once disseminated filled with contradiction to the prior bit of info, or full of holes.

Pilots I have spoken to seem to form a very similar opinion, that is to say there seems to be consensus on an electromechanical problem on board such as an avionics fire, and the captain tried to divert to Pulau Langkawi. It has a 13000 foot runway and the left turn on a direct heading to Langkawi with an ocean approach seems to make sense. Flying over the Malaysian Peninsula can be dangerous in an aircraft of which the condition is deteriorating, as there are 8000 foot ranges to clear. Not a problem in the day, but on a dark night with no instruments it's too hazardous to mention.
Also, from the point of lost comms, Langkawi is closer.

I'm also disgusted at the lack of respect for the crew, who most likely died whilst heroically trying to save the lives of all those on board.
For the sake of all those souls on board, the crew and their families, I hope that we find the site and investigate the causes. Lets just hope the debris is not a lost shipping container.

Quote: