Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Sorta along the same vein. Got up for a drink of water at 5am. Went back to bed. Got up properly at 8am. Standard morning routine, layed a fat cable, went to flush and nothing. Turned on the tap and nothing. Havent received a water bill in a while, but to my knowledge was up to date. Normally when they shut the street down for repairs they do a letterbox drop. So checked my letterbox, again nothing. So i checked the sydney water interwebs for planned outages for maintenance. Again nothing. So i called them and checked my account. The lady i was dealing with was lovely. My account is fine. Got put through to the maintenance department. And they set a new world record. I was only on hold for all of 30 seconds. But the next lovely person looked up my address, and the reason no maintenance was up on the interwebs was it was an emergency repair. So water is back on, but now i have to air my house out due to the fermented log.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

double post
shedcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:20 PM   #3
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to a whitegoods store and bought a freezer.
Was offered a 'health check' on my phone package (had never heard of that before but whatever).
Turns out I can get $5 off a month and a free modem upgrade. Okay - bring it on.
Complete the paperwork.

But it's telstramoron so there just has to be idiocy.
Email - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - they've had it for ten years ... Reply anyway.
Email2 - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - FFS you're stupid. Reply anyway.
Email3 - 'what's your address ?' Okay so you want to go do you ?
No worries. Complaint filed, reference number supplied, complaint to Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO) made.

Then their useless phone app gets involved with a farcical series of non-communications with some poor sods in the Philippines.
Result - nothing.

Then the next bill arrives and I get charged $217 for the free modem which has actually arrived by now (though I haven't plugged it in as it's almost certain to burn the house down and give the entire world rabies or something given telstramoron's usual performance).

So I go online to the Philippines again and get it allegedly sorted (I'll see what happens when they next deduct from my bank account).

There's been so many screw-ups over the years (ie. mum dies, pay all the bills, get a bill, dad ditto). And they STILL don't have my physical address correct (modem was delivered to a PO box).

The world-class imbeciles in telstramoron management should all be sacked immediately. If I did my job their way I wouldn't have one.
4 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 02:52 PM   #4
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shedcoupe View Post
Went to a whitegoods store and bought a freezer.
Was offered a 'health check' on my phone package (had never heard of that before but whatever).
Turns out I can get $5 off a month and a free modem upgrade. Okay - bring it on.
Complete the paperwork.

But it's telstramoron so there just has to be idiocy.
Email - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - they've had it for ten years ... Reply anyway.
Email2 - 'what's your address ?' Thinks - FFS you're stupid. Reply anyway.
Email3 - 'what's your address ?' Okay so you want to go do you ?
No worries. Complaint filed, reference number supplied, complaint to Telecommunications Ombudsman (TIO) made.

Then their useless phone app gets involved with a farcical series of non-communications with some poor sods in the Philippines.
Result - nothing.

Then the next bill arrives and I get charged $217 for the free modem which has actually arrived by now (though I haven't plugged it in as it's almost certain to burn the house down and give the entire world rabies or something given telstramoron's usual performance).

So I go online to the Philippines again and get it allegedly sorted (I'll see what happens when they next deduct from my bank account).

There's been so many screw-ups over the years (ie. mum dies, pay all the bills, get a bill, dad ditto). And they STILL don't have my physical address correct (modem was delivered to a PO box).

The world-class imbeciles in telstramoron management should all be sacked immediately. If I did my job their way I wouldn't have one.

But Hey! you're saving 5 bucks a month.

I'd pay double to not have to deal with Telstra
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-12-2020, 03:39 PM   #5
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Id pay triple but they have the coverage in the bush I need.
That is a rort if ever there was one.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
shedcoupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And another one - a while ago I was in Newman WA for a few days.
I like to speak with my wife on a video app after work.
But the internettage is rubbish between 1700 and 2200.
So I whine to telstramoron who comes back saying ‘well it’s not our fault - it’s the NBN’s, and they say in effect that there isn’t a problem, has never been a problem and will never been a problem’.
So the next stop is a letter to the federal member for that area I guess and that will achieve two fifths of not much I’d imagine.
This user likes this post:
Old 15-12-2020, 06:44 PM   #7
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I have said this before, but I hate people who exploit the nature of other people to get what they want. This person/s I am referring to also have their head so far up the own ***** that they can't see or comprehend how their actions affect others outside of their own circle. But hey, I'm a yes man so whats the problem!?

And yes, I'm an angry sod tonight!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2020, 07:37 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Sorry to hear that.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2020, 08:01 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's that time of year when everyone is bringing out the dead in the IT world when you're about to finish up for a long break.

I'm copping it for it for both projects I worked on and those I had nothing to do with

Where are the use cases and the test results? The most basic test would have failed ****en months ago, long before it went to production and with plenty of time to address it

I'm mic dropping on Thursday and won't be back until to 28/1 to deal with this ****. Pass the buck all you want in the meantime
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 08:09 PM   #10
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’m feeling really worn down by stupid people, stubborn people and peripheral ****wittery today.

The cherry on top being a lot owner who intends to demolish half his tenant’s shower tomorrow because the unit below is reporting a leak. I know who will be asked to resolve thereafter.

Yep, I hate that!
3 users like this post:
Old 23-12-2020, 10:00 PM   #11
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you could self isolate yourself, or go and cough over the lot owner, that will keep him excited.
Old 01-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #12
Kicking back

Was heading to the shop this morning. Main road, cruising at the 60km speed limit, nothing unusual. Some bell end drives straight through the stop sign on a side street and cuts me off pretty hard. So i got on the anchors, then proceeds to brake test me. I was in the anchors anyway, so that bit wasnt what got up my goat. This knob jockey had kids in the car, and when i passed him, it was obvious, they were moving around to places you cant if you are wearing a seatbelt.
As a parent myself, my kid knows instinctively that car=seatbelt. And as a responsible parent, i know with kids in the car, dont drive like a bell end. In my opinion, it doesnt matter how many airbags or electronic wizardry your car has, seatbelts are the mainstay for not getting messed up any worse then possible in an unfortunate event.
4 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #13
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Forgetting to set my alarm last night.

Cue a mad rush to get dressed, scoff some breakfast, skull a coffee and drive to work.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2021, 09:05 PM   #14
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys,
This didn't happen to me but to a mate of mine who was a Police Officer for 30 years who has since retired.

he was called to a job where a little one was locked in a car in the hot sun while mum n dad went to a Pub.
A lady had seen the child when she returned to her car and called the Police. He told me that day it was abound 30 degress and when he got to the car park and couldn't open the car he didn't have much choice but to smash the passnger side window to open the car up.

He told me "He called an Ambulance and the child was covered in sweet, then mum n dad turn up.
The father wasn't worried about his daughter but kept asking my mate " whos going to pay for my window"?

He called for a Paddy Wagon and then told mum n dad " your under arrest for leaving your child in a hot car where she could have died"

Just goes to show that some people "should never have Children".
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #15
Kicking back

A minor annoyance, but buying parts for my car. And this happens at more then 1 parts place. At the desk they ask for your rego. And it comes up as 2008 ford falc. So thats all correct as to what my rego papers say, the build date was January 2008 but its a fairy. Then they ask the next round of questions. Then they say fg? No, bf. So after they turn the screen around and show me a photo of an fg, and ive owned an fg before, i always have to say look up 2007 falcon.
Similar issue to when i had the fg. So when the question was 6 cylinder or 6 cylinder turbo, theyd get perplexed when id say 4 cylinder. It was an ecoboost. Granted, if its not mechanical bits, an fg is an fg, but anyrate. Minor annoyance.
Old 17-01-2021, 12:59 PM   #16
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
A minor annoyance, but buying parts for my car. And this happens at more then 1 parts place. At the desk they ask for your rego. And it comes up as 2008 ford falc. So thats all correct as to what my rego papers say, the build date was January 2008 but its a fairy. Then they ask the next round of questions. Then they say fg? No, bf. So after they turn the screen around and show me a photo of an fg, and ive owned an fg before, i always have to say look up 2007 falcon.
Similar issue to when i had the fg. So when the question was 6 cylinder or 6 cylinder turbo, theyd get perplexed when id say 4 cylinder. It was an ecoboost. Granted, if its not mechanical bits, an fg is an fg, but anyrate. Minor annoyance.
i always had that problem when i had my October 2005 bf falcon, i had many places state that it was a ba2 and wasn't a 6 speed, in the end ifs just tell shops that it was a 06 xr8
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2021, 01:51 PM   #17
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
i always had that problem when i had my October 2005 bf falcon, i had many places state that it was a ba2 and wasn't a 6 speed, in the end ifs just tell shops that it was a 06 xr8
If i was just there for a car battery, i would have just shown the photo of the part number of the battery in my car. But i also wanted new remotes as mine both crapped out a long time ago. But fg's have the flippy keys, bf's have remotes. Luckily whilst they said they had 2 in stock, supercheaps system lied. They would have been $79 each. So i went to repco next door. Repco typically have what you want, but typically charge what they want. So, same thing, look up 2007 falcon, and they had 2 remotes on the system, and they were is stock. For $53 a piece. So i bought the 2. Yeah, probably could have payed less if i did the inteweb shoping or wanted to travel, but convenience. And $52 less by going next door. Bonus is both the remotes i bought work.
Old 17-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #18
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve been buying the AU and B-series remotes off Keith Ady, he’s kda181 on Fleabay. $75/two posted.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2021, 08:24 PM   #19
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Tweaked a muscle in my upper back doing heavy weeding last week, every couple of days it seems to be mending - then the next day I get overconfident and find myself in serious discomfort.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #20
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
You should try buying parts for a 93 XF Falcon and it has a carby !

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2021, 01:39 PM   #21
Kicking back

Now, this is a 1st world problem. So i got a new phone. Transferring from my old one was simple enough. But for apps like internet banking and the like, i dont remember my passwords. I use pretty much the same passwords for everything, but some things need a capital letter and a number, others need a minimum of 8 characters etc. So my morning was spent pressing forgotten password then doing the emails to reset them. I went through the same pain 5 years ago when i got my last phone, but with apps, theyre set and forget. So subsequently i forgot.
Old 20-01-2021, 05:24 PM   #22
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Flew in last night and couldn't open the garage door ?

Long story short, a $15000 home and contents water repair bill with a $500 excess thru the body corporate with NRMA

Yay !
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-01-2021, 05:45 PM   #23
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

So NSW RMS have declared the next five days as a “long weekend” for enforcing road rules despite no holiday on either Friday or Monday. Not impressed!
3 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #24
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
So NSW RMS have declared the next five days as a “long weekend” for enforcing road rules despite no holiday on either Friday or Monday. Not impressed!
Only drive during peak hour.... unless youre swerving or speeding they wont pull you up on main roads....
2 users like this post:
Old 21-01-2021, 05:58 PM   #25
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ordered the materials from Bunnings for my lawn edge on Monday and given it was local I figured maybe a day or two since it said they had it in stock. Timeframe 2-5 days.

Then I got a second email confirmation from a different store and figured they double booked it but no charge.

I get the notification that it is on the way today so was excited to get started and they rock up with only part of the order which was just the sand so I can't get started at all

Looks like they split the order which explains the second email and based on the timing I'm not likely to get it tomorrow

I wanted it done already as the weather is better and to have a few days doing **** all before going back to work on Thursday.

Don't be slack ordering **** folks even if it is local
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2021, 11:54 AM   #26
Kicking back

I was pulling into a driveway on a main road this morning. My car is low enough that it pretty much scapes driving over leaves. I know my brake lights and indicators work. So there was a semi trailer behind me but a fair ways back. So ive slowed to enter this driveway, but the truck didnt slow at all, so i punched it, scraped the crap out of my undercarriage and and the truck missed me by a **** whisker. The new exhaust on my car probably has more dents in it then mike tysons head. But truck vs falcon. Safe bet the truck would have won. He wasnt slowing for nobody. It was like i was invisible.
Old 22-01-2021, 11:59 AM   #27
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
I was pulling into a driveway on a main road this morning. My car is low enough that it pretty much scapes driving over leaves. I know my brake lights and indicators work. So there was a semi trailer behind me but a fair ways back. So ive slowed to enter this driveway, but the truck didnt slow at all, so i punched it, scraped the crap out of my undercarriage and and the truck missed me by a **** whisker. The new exhaust on my car probably has more dents in it then mike tysons head. But truck vs falcon. Safe bet the truck would have won. He wasnt slowing for nobody. It was like i was invisible.
Curious, was the driveway on the LH side of the road or RH side of the road.

Old 22-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #28
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Curious, was the driveway on the LH side of the road or RH side of the road.
Left hand side
Old 22-01-2021, 12:23 PM   #29
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Left hand side
Goodo. When I was taught to drive by a driving school, we were taught when entering a driveway either on the right or left side of the road, when doing so if there is traffic behind you, you must pull over to the left curb and wait for traffic to pass before swinging into a private driveway. Same as a RH side driveway, it was taught to pull over to the left and wait for other vehicles to pass before turning right into a private driveway (unless of course there is a turn lane)

I remember it had something to do with impeding through traffic flow back then..

Don't know how you could acheive this in really narrow roads mind.
No one does this anymore.

In the country (80-100kmh) there is an unwritten rule where if you are turning right into a side street with vehicles following you and no one is approaching you from the front, it is courteous to move over to the right side of the road and turn into the side road.

By doing so following vehicles do NOT try and overtake you as you turn right.

Old 22-01-2021, 12:41 PM   #30
Kicking back

The truck would have been atleast 100m behind me, i always indicate prematurely, and in a 60 zone, i only slowed to 20. Its not a steep driveway entry. But yeah, 20km my car wouldnt scrape, its a known good driveway to me. But this truck driver, dunno what his focus was on, im guessing it was the red light 800m away. It was Victoria rd. So yeah to turn left into a driveway i was in the bus lane, dunno why he was. But it was a miss, but way to close for comfort. And it was a modern volvo. So at 60, from 100m, you'd think it could atleast slow down a bit. Had he been riding my tail i would have gone around the block, but that wasnt the case. He was well back.