Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 13-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #301
gavn
Starter Motor

Default Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
SYNC App references an app you can install on your phone (if it's supported) to add some extra functionality for bluetooth control.

It isn't available on the SGS4 yet for one reason or another.
Available for iPhone?
gavn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #302
Swoopdown

Talking Re: WZ Fiesta ST Questions Thread

The sync apps i think are designed for android phones like microsofts one. You can register online the ford thing and it tells you.
I have an iphone 5 so dont use them.

In terms of fuel, i have got it down to 6.7 the other day keeping it in the highest gear possible before vibration or stalling. And it sits about 2.5r on highway in sixth gear going about 110km/hr on flat road.

Ive driven it a few times and got around 10 to 13ltr, not really being able to get above 4th gear

When i first got it i averaged about 8.6ltr with traffic stop start and moderate driving.

To me this seems pretty accruate. Also run only caltex 98.

After i did my air filter i thought there was a problem with the air/fuel ratio mix as i thought it was using abit more fuel than normal. I googled the UK forums and i do kinda think that there fuel and weather helps them with fuel eco. But there was no major difference mainly just driving style coz i liked hearing that spooling sound

On similar note, anyone know how accruate the speedo is? i know mums toyota says its going one speed but the gps says is 7km/hr out. I dont have a navman or anything to see.

I dont think Ford would do anything unless it was a common running problem.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #303
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoopdown View Post
The sync apps i think are designed for android phones like microsofts one. You can register online the ford thing and it tells you.
I have an iphone 5 so dont use them.

In terms of fuel, i have got it down to 6.7 the other day keeping it in the highest gear possible before vibration or stalling. And it sits about 2.5r on highway in sixth gear going about 110km/hr on flat road.

Ive driven it a few times and got around 10 to 13ltr, not really being able to get above 4th gear

When i first got it i averaged about 8.6ltr with traffic stop start and moderate driving.

To me this seems pretty accruate. Also run only caltex 98.

After i did my air filter i thought there was a problem with the air/fuel ratio mix as i thought it was using abit more fuel than normal. I googled the UK forums and i do kinda think that there fuel and weather helps them with fuel eco. But there was no major difference mainly just driving style coz i liked hearing that spooling sound

On similar note, anyone know how accruate the speedo is? i know mums toyota says its going one speed but the gps says is 7km/hr out. I dont have a navman or anything to see.

I dont think Ford would do anything unless it was a common running problem.
WT fiesta's are about 9% out.

My particular WZ at recommended tyre pressures is out by approx 6%
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #304
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Think my speedo must be out by a loooooooong way ;)
Old 14-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #305
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Does setting the T/C to sport through the menu instead of via the button make it operate that way be default? I'm guessing not.

The traction control is set so aggressively to manage power that I swear it flicks on and completely kills it for the whole gear when there wasn't even going to be traction loss.
Old 14-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #306
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Could it be a form of torque management as well? Self preservation?
Old 14-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #307
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Doesn't do it at all in sport mode mate. Drives as it should.
Old 15-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #308
Skramit

If wanting to enjoy the ST even just on your daily drive you need sport mode on. TC kills torque way too much which is handy in the wet but irritating in the dry
Skramit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #309
cainen

Quote:
Does setting the T/C to sport through the menu instead of via the button make it operate that way be default? I'm guessing not.
It doesn't. I have tried.
cainen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #310
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Quote:
Anyone else been manually tracking their fuel average?

I get about 620 per tank, and when I fill from near empty it takes 48L (the factory spec of the tank is 48L which must also be wrong since it will take 48L no problems with 40km left on the range estimate)
My current in car fuel average is listed as 7.4L/100 but manually calculated it is closer to 8.2

Both my BA, my BF, and my 22 year old golf were all accurate to within 0.2 L/100 but the WZ and my partners WT seem to be off by a good litre each?

The math

48.2 (Litres) / 580 (km) * 100 = 8.31 L/100KM

If I was to trust the factory reading, a full 48L tank should net me 648.64km
Last tank tested came out at 7.403L/100km reflecting the car's estimated 7.4 perfectly. All tanks tested so far have been on Caltex 95
Old 23-03-2014, 11:07 PM   #311
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

Have any of you guys got the Bluefinn-superchip tune, Have been looking on other forums on its performance. Wondering how it goes with our 98 octane fuel
Old 24-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #312
Savant
Starter Motor

Re: tyre pressures. Apparently they are shipped from the factory like that to prevent flat spotting and maintain the shape of the tyre... 8-10 weeks on a ship in the one position I guess may do that. The dealer should have adjusted these though as part of the pre delivery inspection... Hope they didn't slack off in other areas with the inspection.

Last edited by Savant; 24-03-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: sorry not sure I posted in the right spot.
Savant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 05:11 PM   #313
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

I have a question for any of you ST owners. I'm wanting to test drive the Fiesta ST before making any purchasing commitments, whats the wait expected for a test drive?
About mid Feb I booked a test drive through the Ford website and received a call a couple of days later to say when stock arrives (sales guy said next week) I can come in for a test drive.
Its been over a month now and now still haven't been contacted again for a test drive .

I'm really tempted to just order one on the basis of all the reviews ive seen but part of me also says try before you buy
Jamesy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #314
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Where are you located? Ring the dealer and see if they have stock
yet. Very few coming in to Australia, my loc dealer rang me a week
ago to see if I was still looking as they finally got one
Old 26-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #315
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

I was contacted by Etheridge Ford in Ringwood, Vic. Sales guy said they get a small alloctation and they usually sell straight away, so I'm guessing they'll never have a car available for test drive hmm.
He even suggested straight of the bat just placing an order!
Old 26-03-2014, 06:37 PM   #316
Skramit

James ring every dealer you can possibly get to eg even Geelong and see if they have a demo. I drove a demo in croydon and bought mine from sunbury.
Old 26-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #317
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The way they are selling I reckon prob buckleys anyone will have one as a demo. Ours was new in the showroom and they were no worries for a test drive. If they put it as a demo pretty sure they then have to keep it for around 3 months? Bayfords were the only other dealer that had one when we got ours. Had a mate who works for Ford interstate to do an inventory search to find who had one. Some dealers will do this for you but I found not all were that helpful.
Old 26-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #318
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

I was lucky. The dealer I went to had one on the floor. I took it for a test drive and put a deposit on it a few days later once I knew I could get finance for it. A few other people had test driven it too. Only had 34kms on it too.

Do the ring around, or pop into a dealer and ask.

But honestly its an amazing car. I reckon 90% of serious buyers who test drive one would buy one. For the price it can't be beaten and even looking at something 5-10k more nothing compares.
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 09:04 PM   #319
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

Thanks for the help guys. Initially when I was interested around the start of Jan I contacted 4 different dealers with no luck. I'll try again this weekend and see how I go, persistence is bound to pay off soon.

Pretty keen to be able to drive one of these
- 2.5" XFORCE STAINLESS CAT BACK EXHAUST with 5" BALLISTIC B15 CAT - PROCESS WEST STAGE 2 INTERCOOLER KIT - TYPHOON SNORKLE AND K&N PANEL FILTER - COLOUR CODED EYELIDS - FG 18" XR RIMS - FULL BF XR 2.5 SKIRT KIT - DRIFT GAUGES IN SS INDUCTIONS POD - FRONT & REAR WHITELINE SWAYBARS - TURBOSMART KOMPACT BOV - 45LB BOSCH INJECTORS TUNED TO 310RWKW AT 15PSI BY BLUE POWER
Old 26-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #320
Savant
Starter Motor

Forget Geelong I ordered mine from Geelong back in November only just been built. They were allocated another that is not even built yet and also already sold. Good luck you should fine one as long as you aren't fussy with colour I have been offered every colour in the meantime but I want white so wait it is
Savant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #321
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Could pick any colour and then have it wrapped in a fancy white (matte/gloss/metallic/pearl) of your choice.
2 users like this post:
Old 26-03-2014, 10:32 PM   #322
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dealer here (Warrnambool) has a black one if anyone is looking
Old 26-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #323
Basil brush

Still seems to be a few floating around over here in the west, nice little drive back to melb, where I got mine from has a MO demo :-)
Basil brush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2014, 11:03 PM   #324
clem0x

As awesome as a car it is, unfortunately its not for everyone. So I'd advise against ordering one without actually test driving it. I ordered mine and I love it, but I'm still adjusting to the suspension and Recaros.

TAPPITY TAP TAP
Old 27-03-2014, 01:17 AM   #325
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Worst thing for me with the recaros is no lumbar and the headrest is at an absolutely awful angle. Tilted way too far forward and very uncomfortable. I have something in mind to fix this though.

The suspension is fine for me but if you're used to vanilla white goods cars like falcons and Camrys it will be an adjustment.

Always test drive first!
Old 27-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #326
Nitrobuggies
Starter Motor

I believe more regional dealers will normally have stock, without a pre order list.

I was very lucky. Walked into my local dealer, they had the car I wanted and in the colour I wanted too. The sales guy knew I wanted that car and tried to not sell it before I put the deposit down.
Nitrobuggies is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #327
Jamesy 88
Starter Motor

I got acquainted with the recaros when I took the focus st for a test drive twice, very snug and would take a while to get used too.

As for the ride feel, I'm not to sure how the focus would compare to the fiesta
- 2.5" XFORCE STAINLESS CAT BACK EXHAUST with 5" BALLISTIC B15 CAT - PROCESS WEST STAGE 2 INTERCOOLER KIT - TYPHOON SNORKLE AND K&N PANEL FILTER - COLOUR CODED EYELIDS - FG 18" XR RIMS - FULL BF XR 2.5 SKIRT KIT - DRIFT GAUGES IN SS INDUCTIONS POD - FRONT & REAR WHITELINE SWAYBARS - TURBOSMART KOMPACT BOV - 45LB BOSCH INJECTORS TUNED TO 310RWKW AT 15PSI BY BLUE POWER
Old 27-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #328
Skramit

Focus st is softer than fist IMO. Has more sponge over bumps.
Old 27-03-2014, 03:08 PM   #329
Swoopdown

Ive seen a few wrapped cars esp the golfs. I wouldnt mind my black one in a pearl white or matte black..

Carbondemon.com.au looks pretty good in Sydney.

I originally wanted the blue but ended up with a black coz i didnt want to wait.
Swoopdown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2014, 03:36 PM   #330
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

I also originally wanted the blue, but then I saw one in the flesh/metal and then saw the orange in the sun and my mind was changed..