Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

View Poll Results: Which is a "Muscle Bike"?
Suzuki Hayabusa. 75 44.12%
Harley Davidson Fatboy. 95 55.88%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-08-2006, 07:34 AM   #61
twistgrip

neither, i reckon early 80's CB1100R's ,Katana's,Kawasaki Z1R's etc,Harley have more soft than muscle nowdays except for 1 or two models maybe.
Old 26-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Harley wins the muscle title. Big deal, its fat and slow. Give me the Busa anyday. Any decent sports car will rip a Harley!
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #63
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

The ultimate muscle bike in my opinon is the Triumph Rocket 3, 2.3ltr 3cyl, huge power and eats busa's in a strait line!!
Old 26-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #64
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

Any Hypersports bike is **** hot, go ride one and tell me about the power.

The Busa, The mighty Blackbird, ZX14, or even the older ZZR1100, rule.

Not sure where the TLR V Busa comment come from as the Busa is king and the TLR is not even in the same league.

Twins are nice and the only twin I will ever own is a Ducati, but with the cost of a major service (every 20,000 k's) at over a 1000 bucks, I will sick with my 160Hp Blackbird.

Still it's a joy to ride any bike.

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 01:48 AM   #65
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark s
Not sure where the TLR V Busa comment come from as the Busa is king and the TLR is not even in the same league.
Not any more.

Quote:
After seven years of ruling the streets, the Hayabusa has been deposed by the more-powerful and better-refined Kawasaki ZX-14. The big Ninja took a clear win in two out of three categories, so we must anoint the 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14 Ninja as the new king of the street.

Quote:
best corrected pass on the Busa was a 9.85 at 149.8 mph - and that was set with just four runs for each bike. Damn near 150 mph in less than 10 seconds is plain crazy, but the ZX was even faster. Kawasaki engineered the ZX-14 with straight-line performance in mind, and it paid off in this showdown. It ran an impressive 9.65 at 153.2 mph,
Quote:
the Kawasaki arrives at 180 mph a half-second ahead of the Suzuki: 18.90 seconds vs. 19.42. Both bikes kept accelerating to a true 184 mph
Source : http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...ID=3504&Page=1
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #66
Mark s
1.3 Litre Suzuki power

I have read various reports on the Busa and the 14, and those views vary some put the Busa on top still other place the 14 as the new king. I also know a few people who ridden both bikes and comments have varied between bikes.

People’s views differ on the bikes, it's like the HVS GTS is better than the FPV GT-P debate because it is quicker down the 1/4 mile. Is the HSV GTS a better car because of that?

My Bird has a top speed of 179 Mph. Not exactly in the Busa/ZX14 league but who gives a rats, I know who feels more refreshed without back ache after a long trip. I wonder how many people could really handle the full potential of any hypersports bike, let alone ridden one.

EF 4lt 1995 in Green on LPG. To and from work hack.

XY Fairmont 1971 in Bronze Wine, 302, Top Loader, 9" Still trying to find out if she is a GS or plain jane Monty.

Mustang 1966 coupe, Silver frost, A code, C4, factory bench seat, A/C, P/S rally pac, AM radio with 8 track. Awaiting funds for resto.

K6 Hayabusa....Dead Stock and why would one need to spend thousands on mods.................
Mark s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #67
lunatic
Lunatic

Default HARLEY Vs JAPPA

Hey Guys Girls the two are like chalk and cheese i have had two fat boys and a couple of jappas the fatboy is great for long distance but get it in a straight line woosh ka there goes the jappa even more so in the tight stuff floor boards arnt cheap lol i now have a k1 suzuki for the twisty and the straight line stuff shame i could not keep the fatboy as well
Old 27-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #68
HOON69
Banned

busa isnt a muscle bike you could add a turbo to it its still not a muscle bike

pure muscle= fat boy
always has always will.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-08-2006, 02:02 AM   #69
Mutley

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquahead2001
As much as I Like Harleys to ride, they are definitely not in the muscle catergory. Big engine doesn't necessarily mean big performance. Does an F250 7.3 TD warrant the term? Nope!

Muscle cars are all about big performance. Anything with 150hp plus and with the weight of the Suzuki has to be considered in the "Muscle" Category.

Anyone remember the GSX1100 Katana? Now that was a muscle bike and one that you needed every bit of muscle that you posessed to ride hard!
When I was reading the posts about muscle bikes, two came to mind, the 1100 Katana and the V-max. Both serious bad boy bikes.

The Katana however has a successful racing history, you had to fight it to ride it, under braked, sus-handling, loud, laid great burnouts and eclipsed anything else at that time.

Sound like a two wheeled version of a HO?
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post