Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-08-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Smile 20 pints of guinness....

Since this is called the bar, and this story tickled the old funny bone, I thought that it might be worth sharing. I hope they throw the book at him, but it still reads like a 1940's comedy.....

A FARMER in Knebworth, England who downed 20 pints of Guinness in one boozy afternoon pleaded guilty last week to being drunk in charge of a horse and cart.

Adrian Whitaker, who had also drunk five alcopops, was reported to police after holding up a stream of traffic on a narrow country lane. When the 36-year-old was finally pulled over, he fell off the cart and landed at the feet of a police officer.

Prosecuting counsel Roseanne Smith told Central Hertfordshire Magistrates Court that Mr Whitaker already has a drink-driving ban for cars. He is due to be sentenced this week.

Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #2
rodderz

I pity what he'll be up to first thing tomorrow morning after 20 pints of guiness!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

A mate and myself had a session once where we consumed 10 pints. It took me 3 days to recover from that. I think that 20 would kill me.
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
robbo_23

20 pints - 9.42 litres = MAJOR HANG OVER, he would have to had spewed at least 4 times to get all that down.
robbo_23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
Bluefreak

I drank 12 pints in a night for a free t-shirt... I spewed tar for the next 24 hours...
Bluefreak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
xr8man83
Grunt Files

: yum guiness that bloke would of been parro wot a champ (horse and cart you got to be kiding)
xr8man83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbackjack
Since this is called the bar, and this story tickled the old funny bone, I thought that it might be worth sharing. I hope they throw the book at him, but it still reads like a 1940's comedy.....

A FARMER in Knebworth, England who downed 20 pints of Guinness in one boozy afternoon pleaded guilty last week to being drunk in charge of a horse and cart.

Adrian Whitaker, who had also drunk five alcopops, was reported to police after holding up a stream of traffic on a narrow country lane. When the 36-year-old was finally pulled over, he fell off the cart and landed at the feet of a police officer.

Prosecuting counsel Roseanne Smith told Central Hertfordshire Magistrates Court that Mr Whitaker already has a drink-driving ban for cars. He is due to be sentenced this week.
I think that the horse should bear some of the responsibility for not being sufficiently savvy. Notwithstanding its owners decrepit state, that horse would be accustomed to its owners frequent shabby condition and should have been able to proceed on 'auto pilot' if you like, and maintain a steady pace without impeding surrounding traffic, and make its way home safely. Horses aren't dumb!
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
BA_Turbs
Allan Smithee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefreak
I drank 12 pints in a night for a free t-shirt... I spewed tar for the next 24 hours...
Was that one of the dry packed ones shaped like a guiness pint? (ie - you had to add water to it once you got it out the plastic?)

I found an easier way to get one, I now live with the bar girl. Got the T-shirt, the girl and no guiness!
BA_Turbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post