Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Default The worst week...

I have had the worst week so far and it all started with my new car...
Friday, i bought my new car an EB XR8. with rwc but no rego told it would be ready to pick up tuesday...

monday... after waiting all weekend i can pick up this car one day early, after they fixed...
new windscreen
2 new tyres
both lower ball joints
front struts
so i sign all the paperwork and its all sweet...
i drive to vicroads to pay rego, and told i need an appointment... so i drive the EB home and i cant lock the car from the drivers side or unlock it from passenger side...starting to get angry... get ready for work and cant wait to drive the new car, i come out of work and there is a massive green pool under my car, water pump is dead... and i work out the dash lights dont work plus the RH headlight is full of condensation and the other 3 tyres are bald...
so much for roadworthy

Tuesday... go to car yard and tear them to shreds, i get a new water pump and told they wont fit it... as for the other problems, it was too dark to check the dash lights and apparently i broke the headlight, and made the tyres bald then changed them to the front...

Wednesday, a mate and myself attempt to change the pump, what a nightmare! i drive my EA into town to get another socket set and on the return trip, the accelerator cable snaps and im stuck on the side of the highway, in the middle of roadworks...

Today, told i wont be able to get my accelerator cable until tomorrow night..
so now i have 2 cars that are no more than a money pit...
and im a shut in for the day, watching cheesy daytime movies and on the net... :

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #2
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd say your new car is jinxed mate.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post