Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-05-2006, 07:52 PM   #31
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy-au
I think it very possible.. I dont really think the VLT is even close to as nice as the xr6T.. Not even when it was first released. So i hope it doesnt happen but it might.
Thats not really fair to say, since 1 is 20 years old and 1 is 4 years old.

I think they might, but with the rules closing in tightly on young drivers, it wouldnt surprise me if in the next 10 years or so, that P Platers can only drive 70Kw 4 Cylinders.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 08:01 PM   #32
XplosiveR6
Viper FG XR6 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
The aftermarket 'speed' market today is a different kettle of fish.. The VL was the only turbo'd car that had any stick, they used Jap tech to make them go like the bullet they are, but today you can get aftermarket ECU's, cheap manifolds made and a plethora of turbos and accessories to suit any car.. Just because the factory releases a turbo car doesn't mean diddly squat to most owners, even less as the years tick buy an they become even cheaper.

I doubt the Xr6T will be anything special in years to come, the diversity of turbocharged cars one can build these days with out even picking up a spanner is too diverse.
yep, spot on things have changed, back in VL days there was very little performance cars around, and the VLT was quite quick for its day, now days there are sooo many fast cars out, from SS's, XR8's, WRX, RX7, 350ZX EVOs, etc what will make the XR6T so special?

Lets not be one eyed here there are actually more performance cars out there then turbo holdens or fords!

Gone are the days where you have to have a turbo to go fast, Turbo technology is quite old now, it was hip maby 10-20 years ago, most japanese companys droped using turbos almost 10 years ago.
We now have the technology to get good performance without turbos, "shock horror"
XplosiveR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #33
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70caprigt3k
I agree, it will happen and when it does it will be a dark day 20inch rims, more gauges than you could poke a stick at, massive bov's, after market kits with fmics, clear tail lights , cannons it kinda makes you sick. I mean not all p platers are like that and for that matter all young people and there will be some that will get one and do it tastefully and look after it but sadly a good deal wont.
What's wrong with 20inch rims? Looks good to me. Not sure I can cope with honda like rice boy body kits on a Ford but...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 01:32 AM   #34
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
What's wrong with 20inch rims? Looks good to me. Not sure I can cope with honda like rice boy body kits on a Ford but...
I actally seen a MKII XT last week black low with 20" rims, Looked fine to me and i'm not a fan of +19" rims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
It will probably happen, , and will be disappointing to see the typical VL Turbo LOSER drive a falcon...

( it will be 40degrees in QLD and they will still have the windows down ! )

and they will still complain when they get pulled over by the police !

Ha

AC/DC
So did you go from a VL?

My brother friend before buying a Toyota hilux had a 87 VL Turbo ex TOG. Had the engine rebuilt and fitted a new turbo Diff and Tranny.
Ran on 12psi flick of the switch max boost, And all with A/C to

And it doesn't matter what you drive, If the police want to pull you over they will.
I got pulled over one night because i was driving my mums car they thought i stole it, My mum was next to me. I said to them my mum owns the car she is next to me, OK off you go?. I'm 27 years old look 40:P and i cant drive unless mum is with me.
Happen to me 2 weeks after that coming home from the footy, a Afternoon game got 3 kids in the car my mother and myself scarfs out the window doing 55 in a 60 zone, Cops says where are you going?. Home! OK off you go.
I'm driving a 1979 VB Commodore 6. No mods no big rims no lowering all factory standard, They didn't pull me over for a Road Worthy check and i didn't steal the car with 3 kids and a grandmother in it.
Old 21-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #35
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC
it will be 40degrees in QLD and they will still have the windows down!
Uhhhh, Im guilty as charged. Whats wrong with that? I drive with my window down all the time (excpet heavy rain). I hate the A/C, only ever use it when i have other in the car on an extremely hot day. I fail to see how having a window down puts people in the "f00ly s1k ul3h" category.
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #36
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Question

Seriously people, is anyone here under the age of 50? I can too understand how people don’t want to see clear taillights and poxy looking rims BUT what’s wrong with all you people who say 20 inch rims look crap? Put a set of FR19's on an old coupe and they look great, so why can’t people do it with newer cars when they're on here P's? Also what’s wrong with younger people having XR6T's, hell if they save up for it, why not? Most people do not have the time/patience/money/knowledge to build up an old car so therefore they save up for a nice new car that will go well and people have a go at them, why?

The best thing that could/is happening to the turbos is for younger people to have interest in them. Do you people want to see young people all drive around in rice mobiles? Or stock falcons or commodores? Seriously some people are winging about the very next generation who are going to keep the interest going in older cars. Hell if there was no interest then all of our cars would be worth nothing.

:
Old 21-05-2006, 06:36 PM   #37
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Hands down it is going to happen. I knew it from the start.
No matter how unsavoury these VL/Future XR6T drivers are/Will be, this sort of following creates a fanbase for the car company that most clueless idiots will follow. In those age groups, the VL makes holden look "cool" because of its cheapness and ease of modifying.

The Ba XRt will be the same I beleive, but if a real cult car image and a reputation as the street car to have no matter how unsavoury the fanbase is gets ford recognised in future, then I could put up with that. Ford needs a sporty rep again.
Here Here!! And if they push up the market value because of demand, who am I to argue?
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #38
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

Theres nothing wrong with 20'' rims if thats your thing then go for it but the majority of ba's with 20'' rims i have seen the car looks horrible because the rims dont suit the car.
70caprigt3k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #39
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

id rather have ABS EPS TRC and some airbags and do 12/11sec qtrs than the box vl's that have never even heard of ABS or decent brakes... or handleing....

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post