Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 29-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #1
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Question Sales Yard

hi guys,

just a suggestion..but maybe we could split the for sales item into a car and non car section...seems to be a lot of stuff getting sold on there, might be a little easier to distinguish.

matt

APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Whos going to pull some stats for me over the last 3 months between car bits and personal bits that has been sold?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #3
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Whos going to pull some stats for me over the last 3 months between car bits and personal bits that has been sold?
Okay, I'll bite....

From 29/01/06 @ 1128am until this evening, there were 1050 threads in the for sale section. Of those, 44 were non car related (4.37%).
If a thread listed both personal and car related items for sale, they were counted as car related.

Apart from the figures, a couple other things I noticed were:
  • EOI – is it for sale or is it not? Why have it in a “for sale” area???.
  • There seems to be a number of repeated threads a few weeks apart, most likely due to lack of response first time around.

Anyways - I'm heading back to browsing the forum...
Old 30-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
Okay, I'll bite....

From 29/01/06 @ 1128am until this evening, there were 1050 threads in the for sale section. Of those, 44 were non car related (4.37%).
If a thread listed both personal and car related items for sale, they were counted as car related.

Apart from the figures, a couple other things I noticed were:
  • EOI – is it for sale or is it not? Why have it in a “for sale” area???.
  • There seems to be a number of repeated threads a few weeks apart, most likely due to lack of response first time around.

Anyways - I'm heading back to browsing the forum...
EOI's i can live with but repeat threads really annoy me. unfortunately i dont have as much time to clean them up anymore, so they can sometimes be there a while.
Old 30-04-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Thanks 67, just goes to show there is not a need to establish a seperate section as yet
Old 30-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

No probs, Just thought I'd ask
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Steve D
Irregular Member

Default Voices in the hard sell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by '67
Surely it's better to bump your post (eg: "hey guys, this is still availale - now 25% off!") rather than create a new post?
*** Wheels magazine COTY 1996 ***
Steve D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 05:48 AM   #8
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

The only thing that annoys me about the Sale Yard is that it is so far down the list on the forums page.... any chance of moving it up?

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:43 AM   #9
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Probably not at this stage, not until we get some other things sorted