Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-04-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Default Me and my XR6VCT!

Hi everyone! My name is Steven and I have recently joined these forums. I am 21, a Real Estate Agent and a huge Ford/Motorsport fan. I have been involved in Historic Touring Car Racing all my life as Dad and I campaign a 1970 Mini Cooper S. With some further mods and safety items I will be doing a few sprints/track days in the future. I have also recently joined the FPV & XR Owners Club Of Victoria

My car: 2002 AU3 XR6 VCT in Winter White
Mods: Pacemaker extractors, 2 1/2 exhaust, G&D CAI
Future Mods: AU Flash Tune(very shortly) and some track wheels (If anyone is selling a set of good 17' AU/BA/BF XR mags i am very interested!).

I have been watching with interest the developments G&D have been making with AU I6's and in particular Caspers car and have been really impressed! My car will be back there very soon!

I am really looking forward to getting involved in the forums so thanks for having me everyone! Here are some pics!

Cheers, Steve

My engine

Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2006, 04:45 PM   #2
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Smile Welcome

Nice car mate and welcome to the forums, there is something about AU's in winter white just does it for me.
Hope you enjoy your time here and have a nice big wad of notes in your wallet cos there is something about this place that just removes cash from your pockets, credit cards, and bank account :

One question though, what is the blue triangle on the RHF gaurd for??

Regards

Tim
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Good stuff Steven and welcome.

Glad to see my car is of interest Its at G&D again if you havent noticed.. more goodies.

Tim, the blue triangle is an racetrack indicator to show where the battery is located.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #4
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteVCT
Hi everyone! My name is Steven and I have recently joined these forums. I am 21, a Real Estate Agent and a huge Ford/Motorsport fan. I have been involved in Historic Touring Car Racing all my life as Dad and I campaign a 1970 Mini Cooper S. With some further mods and safety items I will be doing a few sprints/track days in the future. I have also recently joined the FPV & XR Owners Club Of Victoria

My car: 2002 AU3 XR6 VCT in Winter White
Mods: Pacemaker extractors, 2 1/2 exhaust, G&D CAI
Future Mods: AU Flash Tune(very shortly) and some track wheels (If anyone is selling a set of good 17' AU/BA/BF XR mags i am very interested!).

I have been watching with interest the developments G&D have been making with AU I6's and in particular Caspers car and have been really impressed! My car will be back there very soon!

I am really looking forward to getting involved in the forums so thanks for having me everyone! Here are some pics!

Cheers, Steve
Welcome

Nice to hear you have interest in G&D's developments. They've done some amazing stuff for the AUI6, mine included. Sounds like you've been impressed by them and are hooked. The flash tune will be the best money you've spent. Will most likely see you around the G&D garage sometime.

Have fun here at the forums. Love the xr6's in winter white, very nice!!

Krissy
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:12 PM   #5
mattsAU1

Welcome bud, hope u like BBQ's, the last one was huge, i dont think im gonna eat another piece of red meat for a month lol, nah, gotta have me meat, hope u enjoy everything this forum and the guys have to offer, i know i certainly do
Cheers
Matt
mattsAU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #6
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Wish I could have been at the aufalcon.com BBQ/family day, from the pics it looks like an awesome day was had!

When I need more go fast parts from G&D next I will just ask for what Casper has got! Ive seen your car there on 3 occasions, do you ever have it at home? Lol. I wish mine was there as much as yours. It is so tempting to give mine back to Glenn again as I live about 15 minutes away.
Grippy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Talking

Thanks Casper I thought it might have been something common sense like that, I'll go put my stupid hat back on sit in the corner :lookedat:

Cheers

Tim
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

welcome to the family steve I saw your car at the shop so you allready no the consequences of going there.. : . hope you enjoy your stay ...

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:49 PM   #9
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

nice car , and welcome to the forums mate .

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 05:58 PM   #10
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had one JUST like it....nice car mate. Hope you enjoy driving it as much as i did!
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #11
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
When I need more go fast parts from G&D next I will just ask for what Casper has got! Ive seen your car there on 3 occasions, do you ever have it at home? Lol.
Not lately. About 1 week home in the last 7 I think... but I'm not complaining

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 08:23 PM   #12
Morpheus
Take the blue pill...

Nice car mate! I hope to own one soon!! Might have to wait a little longer damn it!!!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #13
hambo_12

Very nice! Lovely to see another VCT owner around! You really did choose the best time to get one, modifications for the VCT are hot right now! (as can be seen from Casper and others I cant really think of...)
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2006, 10:24 PM   #14
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
I have recently I have been involved in Historic Touring Car Racing all my life as Dad and I campaign a 1970 Mini Cooper S.
GREAT CAR!!

I had a 1970 MK2 in 1971/72.

Two mates (Cosworth twin cam Anglia and an XU1) and myself use to flog around Oran Park on a regular basis. I had the very good fortune to have my S tuned by a BMC factory racing team mechanic (from memory it was John French's car he was responsible for tuning).

I used to tune the SU's with a stethoscope until one day he brought me a selection of needles and tuned it by ear. What a difference!!

From that point on he was my second best friend

Jeez, those were the days....
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post