Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #1
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Default Idiot P plater

I was on the way to taking my gf for dinner tonight when i approach a red. So im waiting there for the light to change when i feel a bang on the back of my car. Scared the ИИИИ out of me and the gf, so i turn around and some dick head p plater has run up the back of my XF with his ИИИИty barina. It was a pretty big bang, not a damaging one, and i knew it wouldnt have done much since a bobcat reversed into me once and it wasnt the same as that. Anyway i thought ok if hes sorry ill just keep going, its only my daily and it only hit my bumper. So as i keep staring at em the driver starts laughing and waving at me. Now if i hit someones car, id get out and apologise, you dont hit someones car then think its funny. So i thought ok smartass, and i took off slow and let them go past, then flew up their *** following them, i thought id give them a little nudge at the next lights then go off for dinner but then some little ****er in the back sticks his finger up, at this point the steering wheel lock was on my lap and he'd stopped at more lights, one leaned out the window and started yelling crap, so i went ИИИИing ape ИИИИ and he took off, we followed more but my gf was getting the ИИИИs so i turned around and went for dinner.

If that had been my weekender and he hit my chrome bumper or something, that little ИИИИ wouldnt have a finger to stick up. So if you know anyone in campbelltown with a white barina on p's, please smack them upside the head for me. anyone else had this happen?

Old 24-04-2006, 12:22 AM   #2
TotalDriver
Dedicated to Safety....

So, how was dinner??
Old 24-04-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

The dinner must of been great!
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

If that was his attitude, I'd take his plate down and report him to the cops for a hit and run or failure to give his name and details. Then we'll see who's laughing.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 12:37 AM   #5
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pertuan
If that was his attitude, I'd take his plate down and report him to the cops for a hit and run or failure to give his name and details. Then we'll see who's laughing.
Yup, would've been a good move.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #6
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

Not under the thumb are ya mate? Just jokin'... You will see them around again.....oneday :Up_to_som :
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 01:41 AM   #7
BlackLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
If that had been my weekender and he hit my chrome bumper or something, that little ИИИИ wouldnt have a finger to stick up. So if you know anyone in campbelltown with a white barina on p's, please smack them upside the head for me. anyone else had this happen?
What did the diks look like
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 05:41 AM   #8
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Letting him get away with it was probably not the best thing to do.
Needed to be dealt with but at least you didn't let it ruin your night completely.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 08:00 AM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

Thumbs down

Quote:
So i thought ok smartass, and i took off slow and let them go past, then flew up their *** following them, i thought id give them a little nudge at the next lights then go off for dinner but then some little ****er in the back sticks his finger up, at this point the steering wheel lock was on my lap and he'd stopped at more lights, one leaned out the window and started yelling crap, so i went ИИИИing ape ИИИИ and he took off, we followed more but my gf was getting the ИИИИs so i turned around and went for dinner.
Nice and resoponsible there Phill. Not!
What on earth made you think that doinig it back to him is right? Not only is it stupid but it's also illegal. Why didn't ya get his details, he would stop laughing once he learned he had to pay to fix your car, even if it's a rear bar.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #10
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Nothing happened to the bumper, it was just the point that he did it and thought it was funny. I didnt think to check his plate. What if he was going faster and he hit me, friggin idiots need to learn how to drive, there were no other cars around and he had plenty of time to slow down.
Old 24-04-2006, 09:53 AM   #11
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Nice and resoponsible there Phill. Not!
What on earth made you think that doinig it back to him is right? Not only is it stupid but it's also illegal. Why didn't ya get his details, he would stop laughing once he learned he had to pay to fix your car, even if it's a rear bar.

Agreed!

So some dude rear ends you (albiet not hard), and you think the best action is to do the same to him?

I'd reckon the police would probably call that "Driving with undue care and attention". I don't think he'd be laughing with a few points lost on his licence and a fine.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:55 AM   #12
BJ
Banned

Now hang on, you should have gotten out and said something don't make it out to be all there fault. If you had none of the following stuff would have happened. You had the chance to nip it in the bud before you got all agro as you say. Some time's maturity win in the end.
BJ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:47 AM   #13
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
Agreed!

So some dude rear ends you (albiet not hard), and you think the best action is to do the same to him?

I'd reckon the police would probably call that "Driving with undue care and attention". I don't think he'd be laughing with a few points lost on his licence and a fine.
I dont think they would have called it "Driving with undue care and attention" it would have been a charge of "ROAD RAGE" which can carry a jail sentence these days.As has been said you should have taken his number and reported it to the police. Then he wouldn't be laughing as he was on P plates he would have lost his licence for failure to give details after an accident irrespective how minor the accident was.But I also understand that you would also want to break the little bastards neck.Problem is it wouldn't serve a purpose.It's better to get them the legal way and where it hurts them the most in the hip pocket and their licence.
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #14
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

I didnt even think of getting his plates, i did at dinner, i thought of a million things i could have done. Im on my p's as well, i dont know how the police would have dealt with it. As for getting out, to face a car with 4 guys in it not being able to tell how big they are, might not have gone down to well.
Old 24-04-2006, 10:58 AM   #15
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Nothing happened to the bumper, it was just the point that he did it and thought it was funny. I didnt think to check his plate. What if he was going faster and he hit me, friggin idiots need to learn how to drive, there were no other cars around and he had plenty of time to slow down.

So next time he runs up the ИИИИ of a car he thinks its ok, because nothing happened last time. People must be taught to take responsibility for there actions!
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:02 AM   #16
MNM96
LIFELONG DJR SUPPORTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter

I'd reckon the police would probably call that "Driving with undue care and attention".
I reckon the Police would call that "Driving without due care and attention"

To "Drive with undue care and attention" would mean your are driving with a level of care and attention which is too high???
MNM96 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #17
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Its for reasons like these that I wish I had an F100...with a massive bullbar. So there is a fantastic chance no-one would want to mess with it. If they did and ran into me, I think it would probably do more damage to his windscreen than his front bumper.

Finally, on the rare chance that I felt I needed to teach the other driver a lesson...well....I could have a lot of fun there...
Old 24-04-2006, 11:56 AM   #18
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
I reckon the Police would call that "Driving without due care and attention"

To "Drive with undue care and attention" would mean your are driving with a level of care and attention which is too high???
ahh. my tenuous grasp of english bites me again. Thanks for the correction!
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #19
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

Would get your self shot for something like that in Sydney...

Hence the reason i keep this guy in the back seat

AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post