Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

Default Mustangs Sold Out Until New Gen...?

Talk about being absolutely gutted. Very soon I'll be in the position of being able to buy a brand new car for the first time, and I was planning on it being a Mustang GT.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ration-132939/

Guess that ain't going to happen anytime soon
Old 19-11-2021, 04:38 PM   #2
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Mustangs Sold Out Until New Gen...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman View Post
Talk about being absolutely gutted. Very soon I'll be in the position of being able to buy a brand new car for the first time, and I was planning on it being a Mustang GT.

https://www.carsales.com.au/editoria...ration-132939/

Guess that ain't going to happen anytime soon
Makes sense. With all the chip shortages, better to start stocking up on the chips needed for the new car than bother with the S550 platform.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2021, 11:03 AM   #3
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It will no doubt force the price of used Mustangs even higher especially good examples. When it comes to upgrades and new models Ford USA are much more strict on production schedules that we used to see from FOA when it produced cars locally.
It's pity the timeframe will be so long from production to delivery but most will find they are worth the wait.
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #4
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
It will no doubt force the price of used Mustangs even higher especially good examples. When it comes to upgrades and new models Ford USA are much more strict on production schedules that we used to see from FOA when it produced cars locally.
It's pity the timeframe will be so long from production to delivery but most will find they are worth the wait.
Yeap and once we get over the chip issue prices will normalise pretty quick.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2021, 02:51 PM   #5
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suspect it will take some time to get back to normality as we are still a backwater and the North American market will no doubt take preference over us. Anyone want a Mustang , that is not already on the order lists will be in for a prolonged wait.
Old 24-11-2021, 12:54 AM   #6
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

It’s not true. There will be more S550’s coming.
Sure you can’t just walk in and buy one today but you can order a MY22 now. Getting a production slot will take a couple of months but it will happen.
My MY21 Rapid Red auto GT goes up for sale next week as well.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #7
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Of course there will be more coming but even if you order the timeframe will be much longer than it has been in the past and that won't pease anyone. However the same i tue for quite a few marques now and i guess thatt's the price for not having domestic production.
Old 24-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #8
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Of course there will be more coming but even if you order the timeframe will be much longer than it has been in the past and that won't pease anyone. However the same i tue for quite a few marques now and i guess thatt's the price for not having domestic production.
I thought it was more to do with the chip shortage. Even if we had the production we wouldn't have the chips.
Old 28-11-2021, 07:02 PM   #9
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

My MY21 GT Auto is on Carsales now. I believe it’s the only Rapid Red MY21 GT auto in the country on Carsales.
I’m in Victoria and the first call was from a wholesaler in WA who wanted to buy it.
4 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2021, 09:20 PM   #10
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
When Mustang has a major model change like this, Ford stops building the old RHD model at the
factory changeover and concentrates on the new LHDs for about six months and then the RHDs start.
If that is true, last builds will be around August/September and the new model around March 2023.
I don’t think they can continue the old RHDs because there are many changes including framing and electrics.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2021, 09:26 PM   #11
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post

My MY21 GT Auto is on Carsales now. I believe it’s the only Rapid Red MY21 GT auto in the country on Carsales.
I’m in Victoria and the first call was from a wholesaler in WA who wanted to buy it.
Noticed heaps of WA dealers buying big on FPV's from the east and shipping them over, probably the same for Mustangs. Cashed up miners want the ease of buying and dont care about the extra cost for the convenience.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:48 PM   #12
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

So I'm sorted, and will be able to purchase a new car in the coming days/weeks. I'll hit up a couple of Ford dealers, see what they say about Mustang availablity/delays. Colours are important too. I'm dead keen on the Velocity Blue, but that's gone in the '22 range.

I'm surprised to see FGX G6ET selling for 40k+ on carsales too. I know that's asking price, not sale price, but even in the 30s for a reasonably well used one, I'd be happy with that. I need to get rid of it, to acquire a Mustang.

heck, I paid 35k for it back in 2016. That would be the first time I've had a Falcon not loose money
Old 01-12-2021, 08:17 PM   #13
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post

Sold in 4 days.
5 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #14
barra240t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being my job I know this is untrue. You are looking at late Q2-Q4 2022, a lot of orders did not get matched to unsold units (due to locked spec) so you will be in with a chance for May/June arrival as long as you are flexible on spec.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2021, 08:39 PM   #15
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Yeap and once we get over the chip issue prices will normalise pretty quick.
John Cadogan mentioned a conversation he had with a fairly straight shooting Kia exec suggesting 2022 should see a stabilising of the chip issue. Which means another year of the same.
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post