Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-08-2021, 09:31 PM   #121
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: July Vfacts. Ford 3rd again

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Pricing is actually on par, if not better than competitors when you consider spec levels.
Correct, the issue is an incorrect perception that Ford is trying to sell over priced base
models which we know is not true, the “base” Puma is actually more like a Titanium spec.

The elimination of Ambiente was both good and bad, it increases profit as a % of revenue
but kills volume sales and service for dealers ( yes, lots are multi franchise now).
I also get that it makes more sense to discount a higher trim than sell a “stripper”.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2021, 10:01 PM   #122
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
That's absolute bull**** - two of my major suppliers at work are both based in Spain and I've got no issues getting my hands on product even through last year, if anything minor delays at best.

If the 'semi conductor' shortage is such a problem then how come they're managing to deliver circa 4000 Rangers a month or do they happen to use magic semiconductors not effected by COVID?

COVID is just being used as a convenient excuse for everyone to drop the ball and slash inventory, people are making out that we're in the midst of nuclear Armageddon.

Ford has no stock of anything other than Ranger because they don't care about anything other than Ranger in our market.
Thailand production has a good supply of semi-conductors. So it hasn’t effected production that much. Europe doesn’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
There's more to it than just yes or no - semiconductor shortage is a global problem that other manufacturers are handling better than others - doesn't seem to be effecting Chinese manufacturers? What about Toyota? How come Toyota hasn't been effected?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/957747/...ech-from-cars/

Some are just better prepared than others, and Ford is the others, just because your lord and savior Ford cannot manage itself properly doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Well for everything OTHER than Ranger production it seems, now why could that be?

There's no 'simple answer' to a complex problem, simple answers are for a simple mind, take your strawman argument elsewhere.
Ford were the worst hit cause on top of the shortages, their biggest semi-conductor supply factory caught on fire.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/f...21-4?r=US&IR=T

“Largely because of the additional effect of the supplier fire, Ford now expects to lose about 50% of its planned second-quarter production, up from 17% in the first quarter — again, implying that Q2 will be the trough of the issue,” Ford said in its first-quarter earnings report.

So you really should listen to what people are saying.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 08-08-2021, 09:04 AM   #123
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
No, I actually couldn't give two ****s about the worlds biggest white goods manufacturer, its an example of someone who manages their supply chain correctly, so you know they can actually make cars?

You're Ford's Mujahideen blindly defending your lord and savior because you can't accept criticism of a company you love having a crack at anyone who points out, maybe Ford just isn't handling this in the right way?
What's hit your "red button"? You've launched your thermonuclear weapons all in one go and I thought it would be Trump that might have done that by accident after one too many burgers and fries....or if Melania knocked him back after getting into Airforce-One.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #124
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
What's hit your "red button"? You've launched your thermonuclear weapons all in one go and I thought it would be Trump that might have done that by accident after one too many burgers and fries....or if Melania knocked him back after getting into Airforce-One.
Damo/franco ,s Ford TDCI Focus has just hit some cost -repair issues and he is ****ed.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:55 PM   #125
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

So how about those Everest sales, another encouraging result in July……

Even in these lousy times, Ford must be comfortable with Ranger and Everest sales
carrying local sales (they do anyway) is there still stimulus money encouraging sales?
Old 13-08-2021, 03:56 PM   #126
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hopefully this comes true however if the sms I received is correct we will be adding one Escape to Ford's sales in Nov or more likely Dec, message states build is planned for 8 Sept 2021 with an ETA to the dealership of 27 Nov 2021...
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2021, 04:36 PM   #127
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hopefully this comes true however if the sms I received is correct we will be adding one Escape to Ford's sales in Nov or more likely Dec, message states build is planned for 8 Sept 2021 with an ETA to the dealership of 27 Nov 2021...
Great news for you mate, finally some "movement at the station".

Im on the Kia Sorento facebook group (yep, there is one... I know, right..lol) and there is a decently large list on there with people who have order them last year who are still waiting.. Crazy times...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #128
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Daz View Post

Im on the Kia Sorento facebook group (yep, there is one... I know, right..lol) and there is a decently large list on there with people who have order them last year who are still waiting.. Crazy times...
Are you sure? I regularly get told on here that it's just Ford who have supply issues, and generally because they're rubbish at doing business
Old 13-08-2021, 07:43 PM   #129
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Sadly our Territory will be the trade-in or private sale and I really, really don't want to let it go because I know I'll never have another one as good as this....is marrying off your daughter less painful?...
Old 13-08-2021, 07:53 PM   #130
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sadly our Territory will be the trade-in or private sale and I really, really don't want to let it go because I know I'll never have another one as good as this....is marrying off your daughter less painful?...
Going to be tough to say goodbye.... One of the crosses we have to bear for being car enthusiasts is it being tough to say goodbye to the vehicles that are a little bit special to us.... As my wife keeps reminding me whenever I have sold a car (dont get me started on when it came time to hand the key's to my FG XR6T over to the new buyer... I found it tough to do, got a tad awkward).

At least with marrying your daughter off you will still get to have her around...lol

Old 13-08-2021, 08:06 PM   #131
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

So you really should listen to what people are saying.
Never - point the finger and make them prove themselves innocent
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 13-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #132
vbomber

Quote:

Mate earlier in the year asked about the Sorento dealer told him 2 year wait
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2021, 10:36 PM   #133
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbomber View Post
Mate earlier in the year asked about the Sorento dealer told him 2 year wait
We where lucky with ours because we got in early when the new one was just released and got the colour/model we wanted which came as part of my dealers first shipment. We waited exactly 1 month which we where OK with.

I know most dealers have been quote 8-9 months for them (based on the group) but havent heard anything about 2 years.. That sounds a bit suss or like that dealer just didnt want to bother ordering them one.

Old 14-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #134
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Toby Hagon on ABC Motor Torque said " Ford are doing nothing to promote Focus or the Escape. He wouldnt be suprised if they were gone within a year. Only Puma, Everest and Ranger for Ford Australia"
Old 14-08-2021, 11:35 AM   #135
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Toby Hagon on ABC Motor Torque said " Ford are doing nothing to promote Focus or the Escape. He wouldnt be suprised if they were gone within a year. Only Puma, Everest and Ranger for Ford Australia"
No point promoting something you can't get supply of.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 14-08-2021, 11:57 AM   #136
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
How on Earth could Ford promote a vehicle when local dealers have no idea on when it will be built. Is anyone going to hand over a deposit on an order with no feedback on when it will arrive? In our case we had an expected delivery around Feb '21 and then eventually "no information at all" once the semiconductor issue become more widely known and Covid shutdowns across Europe closed many brands manufacturing plants and their OEM suppliers. What company will advertise all year knowing they couldn't supply?

Only yesterday I received an sms giving me a build date and local arrival for a 19 December 2020 order. I'm also led to believe Ford have about 80 more Escape orders than builds allocated to them for the rest of this year.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 14-08-2021 at 12:08 PM.
Old 14-08-2021, 03:47 PM   #137
vbomber

Quote:
We where lucky with ours because we got in early when the new one was just released and got the colour/model we wanted which came as part of my dealers first shipment. We waited exactly 1 month which we where OK with.

I know most dealers have been quote 8-9 months for them (based on the group) but havent heard anything about 2 years.. That sounds a bit suss or like that dealer just didnt want to bother ordering them one.
Potentially as not sure if he was committed to buying but maybe dealer had no idea on times said 2 years and when it comes earlier looks like he did something
vbomber is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-08-2021, 08:01 PM   #138
hackney
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Supply limited - through poor management of supply chain on products they don't care about

You keep leaving out the full picture.

Same - get rid of everything except Ranger 4x4 and Ranger 4x2, be like 'Isuzu Ute' where they literally sell two cars - MUX and D-Max.
Not as silly as it sounds.They don’t sell anything else in good volumes.Puma may eventually go by the wayside.Sad though,very good car by all accounts.
Old 16-08-2021, 12:48 PM   #139
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That comment was intended to draw out a response from Ford,
they’re not dumb enough to fall for such an obvious bait……
Old 16-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #140
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I believe Focus will go but Escape will stay.

There's no money in Focus and competition is too fierce.

We may however still get niche ST as per Fiesta although Im not sure how you support that volume.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-08-2021, 02:53 PM   #141
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Toby Hagon

He's a gutter journo. Always has been.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post