Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 17-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
kezooz
Starter Motor

Unhappy What would you do in my situation?

Hi all. I need your advice on something. I bought a brand new Ford Fiesta 2 weeks ago from Cumberland Ford. At time of pickup everything looked fine with the vehicle. Unfortunately when I got home I noticed there was an indent in the celing liner of the vehicle, right in the centre. It appears as if the corner of an object has accidently made an impression in to the foam ceiling. Fortunately it has not peirced the lining but it has left an indent. Now I know this will not affect the performance of the car and I no doubt will have worse happen to the car in the future (heaven forbid) but do you guys think I would be in my rights to have the dealership look at it. Im not sure what they can do about it, apart from possibly replacing the entire lining which I very much doubt would happen. Would anyone know if there is a technique used in the industry that can bring out indents in celing liners? Im thinking if they cant do anything then they may install MP3 connection for me free of charge.

I have only brought this to their attention via email, and as yet have not heard anything back from them...thinking they think I might just go away.

Hope someone will have some advise or reasoning to give me!

kezooz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Absolutely take it back. It shouldnt be like that and it should have been picked up at pre-delivery inspection. Take it back and ask for it to be rectified.
Old 17-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #3
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezooz
Hi all. I need your advice on something. I bought a brand new Ford Fiesta 2 weeks ago from Cumberland Ford. At time of pickup everything looked fine with the vehicle. Unfortunately when I got home I noticed there was an indent in the celing liner of the vehicle, right in the centre. It appears as if the corner of an object has accidently made an impression in to the foam ceiling. Fortunately it has not peirced the lining but it has left an indent. Now I know this will not affect the performance of the car and I no doubt will have worse happen to the car in the future (heaven forbid) but do you guys think I would be in my rights to have the dealership look at it. Im not sure what they can do about it, apart from possibly replacing the entire lining which I very much doubt would happen. Would anyone know if there is a technique used in the industry that can bring out indents in celing liners? Im thinking if they cant do anything then they may install MP3 connection for me free of charge.

I have only brought this to their attention via email, and as yet have not heard anything back from them...thinking they think I might just go away.

Hope someone will have some advise or reasoning to give me!
I'm quite sure that they will be honest to you if they can't fix it, but never provide any free services for you.

As the HU of my car, there's always cracking sound when loading and eject CD, that sound normally took 5-10sec to stop. I told the Ford technician at the last 15k service, and they said the HU is under Ford warranty so nothing to worry about. Unfortunately, they didn't know what was the problem at the end and didn't do anything for me.

I was argued 'is this the warranty that provided by Ford'. However, the answer from them was that they couldn't figured out what was the problem, so they didn't want to touch or change the HU for me!!

hopeless!!!
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_lks
I'm quite sure that they will be honest to you if they can't fix it
dont be so naive

Quote:
Unfortunately, they didn't know what was the problem at the end and didn't do anything for me.

I was argued 'is this the warranty that provided by Ford'. However, the answer from them was that they couldn't figured out what was the problem, so they didn't want to touch or change the HU for me!!
go kick up a storm about it. if they dont know how to fix it, replace it
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2006, 11:17 PM   #5
Swaytan
Swaytan

Thumbs down

Hi There,

As B2TF said, this is something that should have been picked up on the inspection before final delivery. So I'm guessing that either they didn't notice it, or they hoped you wouldn't notice it.

First thing, know your rights. Call the Department of Fair Trading, they'll let you know what Ford are legally responsible to do for you. It always easier to get something when you know what you are entitled to.

When you've done that, I wouldn't even call Ford, I'd just take the car straight back in, if at all possible, get the salesman that sold you the car to see it first. After all, he is hoping for 100% good feedback, so will probably want to sort it out for you ASAP.

Show him the faulty area & see what he says. If he makes an offer that you are happy with, accept it. In this case I'd want a brand new car, and a free set of carpet mats or something for the wasted time.

If it happens that they do not wanna play ball, or expect you to pay for a repair, then you should get a little "in their face about it". You didn't buy a brand new car from one of the world’s largest car manufacturers to have defects in the workmanship.

If worst comes to worst & they won't budge, talkback radio is always a great option. Quite often a talkback radio station will contact the dealership & act as an intermediary. They know what a reasonable request would be. The dealership by this stage is given a chance to do the right or wrong thing by you in front of a listening audience of 400,000 people.

2GB are awesome for this, 131 873 is their number. Ray Hadley quite often does this sort of thing. He's on from 10am until 1pm. Just call in, ask to speak to Ray about your issue, he'll sort you out.

If that all fail (which I doubt), contact "Today Tonight" or "A Current Affair".

Good luck with this, I guess the biggest thing is to decide what an acceptable outcome for you is, and follow through to get it.

Good luck mate!
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 01:26 AM   #6
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
As the HU of my car, there's always cracking sound when loading and eject CD, that sound normally took 5-10sec to stop.
Kenneth, Mine did this as well, and Ford replaced it straight away no questions asked. Absolutely take it back and tell them you want a replacement!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #7
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Thanks for your opinion, Swaytan and Danny. I will go back to the dealer today and ask for a replacement. Otherwise, will report to fair trading..
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Thanks for your opinion, Swaytan and Danny. I will go back to the dealer today and ask for a replacement. Otherwise, will report to fair trading..
Nah, You shouldn't need to. No dealer in their right mind having heard this CD player noise would tell you it's OK. Just make sure you sit in the car with them when it does it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post