Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #61
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: Vfacts March

The Supplementary Stats for the 1st Quarter are also uploaded now.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-04-2021, 02:52 PM   #62
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I dont think anyones 'comfortable' paying more and more for any car but if the brand has earnt a reputation for reliability and customer satisfaction and the product provides good resale, which any Toyota product does, its easier to swollow.
This price gouging was always coming with our manufacturing ceasing, Covid has also created a supply/demand inbalance too.
Dont think for a minute the Raptor wont go up, there are examples online of used for new or over asking price.
Of course no one likes to pay more but I think that most people buying new vehicles are comfortable with increased prices because of higher residual values and guaranteed buy back pricing - mostly leases or PI loans with balloon payment where the monthly repayment figure matters more than the actual bottom line.

What would be interesting to know is whether there’s more perceived value in vehicles these day or is it just a grudge purchase obligation due to need?
The rush of people buying new vehicles makes it look like
pent up demand...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #63
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Of course no one likes to pay more but I think that most people buying new vehicles are comfortable with increased prices because of higher residual values and guaranteed buy back pricing - mostly leases or PI loans with balloon payment where the monthly repayment figure matters more than the actual bottom line.

What would be interesting to know is whether there’s more perceived value in vehicles these day or is it just a grudge purchase obligation due to need?
The rush of people buying new vehicles makes it look like
pent up demand...
I notice Ford are offering low interest, zero balloon over 60 months with 10% on Puma @$125pw repayments, many of these types of deals have traditionally been over shorter 36/48 month terms with balloons.

With brand loyalty for 70% of the market a thing of the past and new offerings every week i think the desire to be seen with the latest is certainly a strong driving factor too.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2021, 08:21 PM   #64
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Absolutely correct.
Knowing Toyota, the new 3.3 turbo diesel will probably outperform the outgoing
4.5 V8 in power, torque and fuel economy - you can take that to the bank.

All this rush on the last of the 200 series is about is Toyota working both sides of the street,
feeding a want for the last V8 cruisers and charging heaps for it in front of transforming the
Landcruiser 300 with a new turbo six that’s better in every way, maybe a hybrid diesel too.
Agree, they are masters. Or they have a marketing department or something

Personally, looking forward to (maybe) I6 turbo diesel in the Cruiser once more. Hope it's I6.
Old 15-04-2021, 10:15 PM   #65
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Agree, they are masters. Or they have a marketing department or something

Personally, looking forward to (maybe) I6 turbo diesel in the Cruiser once more. Hope it's I6.
Sorry but a choice of 3.5l V6 or 3.3l turbodiesel V6

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: