Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 19-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
piratedave
Starter Motor

Thumbs up can anyone tell me about the fiesta lx

thinking about buying the fiesta lx can anyone tell us about it thanks

piratedave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Check out the small-cars section under Fiesta and KA (: Plenty of guy's there who'll help you.

I bought it mainly because it's used as a daily car for going to uni and back (saves petrol) and on top of that, it looks great (:
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
Nappa
Impressive...

The fiesta is a great little car.
The LX comes in the 3dr or 5dr config.
its 1.6ltr engine that puts out 74kw @ 6000rpm and 146Nm @ 4000rpm.
Standard Features on the LX include
Air Con, CD Player, Driver and Passenger Airbags, Front Power windows, power mirrors, remote keyless central locking with immobiliser .
Auto models come standard with ABS and EBD and it can be optioned on to the Manual models. Manual models come standard with an Aux audio port to plug in a MP3 player. The Fiesta has a 45 ltr fuel tank and the manual averages 6.6ltrs per 100km while the auto does 7.5 ltrs per 100km.

The fiesta runs front disc brakes and rear drums; the auto’s also have grade logic control. All seats have lap sash seatbelts as well as adjustable head restraints. When not used the rear head restraints can sit flush on the seat to give better visibility.

While we have the LX as our entry model other country’s have a model below it so the fiesta LX is well equipped as the entry model.

Fiesta is a dynamic and enjoyable car to drive, its known as the “drivers car” of its class for the way it handles and feels.
I’ve driven it competition and while the fiesta has less power in writing it feels gustier and far better planted on the road then the yaris or 2.

Hope this has helped.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
piratedave
Starter Motor

thanks a lot booking a test drive.............
Old 20-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
piratedave
Starter Motor

just test driven the lx what a car for handling and looks.... i order one. thanks guys....also drove the yaris what a ИИИИ car
Old 20-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #6
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratedave
just test driven the lx what a car for handling and looks.... i order one. thanks guys....also drove the yaris what a ИИИИ car
I can we're going to get along fine, Welcome

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
christo_fiesta

Fiesta is a great car...
im selling my 5 door LX.....its been a fantastic car and im really sad to sell it - but unfortunately need to get something bigger.

Go the Fez !
christo_fiesta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #8
Creampuff
149 rwkw of Style

Have had our fiesta for 10 months ....faultless,great on petrol,handles great,looks great and quite zippy. Go and get one
Creampuff is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #9
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

creampuff, agree with you, a year with my LX no probs, average 40mpg on Ultimate
Goes like sxxt. !!!
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
piratedave
Starter Motor

got the 2006 lx yesterday ....and want a car thanks everyone for your help ......it is a drivers car handles great and nippy....the manunal gear box is nice and tight unlike the new yaris which just feels like a 5 year old car . ford has really excell it self .................have not seen to many fiesta,s on the roads of the gold coast but a heap of ИИИИ yaris. more fooll them....................thanks
Old 14-04-2006, 06:54 AM   #11
kenneth_lks
Fiestata!!

Can anyone tell me how much is the Inner Door Handle set "Aluminium look"? also the price for the whole set of both front fog lights include the switch, wiring kit, bezels or bracket and blah...where can I get them? not for the 06 model...
kenneth_lks is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post