Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-06-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
BA-XT good on you for posting, thats good medicine I hope.
Good to see your with the love of your life as well, lets her know that daily mate.
The car for all of us is a great outlet, me/you and our car, its a great relationship and medicine as well.
Don't ever think your done, for your not.
With this corona thing, I have one week on and one week on rostered standby. So we get called in if needed other wise stay home. It sounds great, but sitting alone with your own thoughts isn't good. Today I'm going to finish off the last detailing section of th car to keep busy.

My car and detailing it do provide a break from life. I can't wood work or mak anything so basic car detailing is a thing I can do and with the chances of breaking something is fairly low - although I have wet th engine bay in degreaser and shorted out my coils and plugs in th past

IMPCO LPG Vapour Injection.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash
Collonite #845 Insulator Wax
Bowden's Own Happy Ending & Fully Slick
Chemtech CT-18 Truck Wash (Wheels & Chassis)
Bowden's Own Wheely Clean & Tyre Sheen
Bowden's Own Three Way Paint Decontamination Spray

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Full Synthetic 10w-40
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

My Instagram Account: @ba_falcon2003
BA-XT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 04:44 PM   #2
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
So we get called in if needed other wise stay home. It sounds great, but sitting alone with your own thoughts isn't good.
I was off work for nearly a year when my daughter stolen.

Like you said it sounds good, but those suffering anxiety and/or depression it can make it far worse as I became detached, used alcohol and medications to fill the gap, and became even more upset (and lacked motivation to do anything even though so much time......)

Day at a time mate. I sold my house and that has helped me so far (not suggesting you do that)
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #3
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post

Day at a time mate. I sold my house and that has helped me so far (not suggesting you do that)
Releasing yourself from burdens of any kind including financial ones will help with anxiety. Not having the thought of a big mortgage on top of your existing family issues can sometimes be the extra freedom you need.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 07:24 PM   #4
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
Releasing yourself from burdens of any kind including financial ones will help with anxiety. Not having the thought of a big mortgage on top of your existing family issues can sometimes be the extra freedom you need.
Our mortgage is only $100 more than rent, and my partners car is paid off in a few months which is about $110 a week so we should be almost better off

We do have to pay $150 for insurance we took out, and the standard $1500 land rates but we didn't stretch ourselves which was important I've rented for 16 years all up so just happy to have this place.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #5
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
I was off work for nearly a year when my daughter stolen.

Like you said it sounds good, but those suffering anxiety and/or depression it can make it far worse as I became detached, used alcohol and medications to fill the gap, and became even more upset (and lacked motivation to do anything even though so much time......)

Nail on the head there mate. Luckily I don't drink. Bloats me and makes feel unwell. My weakness I'd chocolate. I'll go a block without even blinking so I do understand how people can get addicted to alcohol. I've never heard that one beer is too many and a hundred isn't enough.

I spent this arvo finishing off detailing my car. It's one of the few things that I can do without breaking or damaging anything

I got called in to work tomorrow. Evacuation training. Heard it all before and will be boring but at least out of the house and surrounded by people.

I think anxiety can lead into depression. Today has been ok but some days get really dark.

You have kids involved as well? That just adds another layer Ontop as well. Even though I'd have loved just one child, somektimes greatful imdidnt with my ex because I'd be in a world of hurt.

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

This user likes this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 07:59 PM   #6
MercuryT
Banned

Unhappy Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA-XT View Post
I think anxiety can lead into depression. Today has been ok but some days get really dark.

You have kids involved as well? That just adds another layer Ontop as well. Even though I'd have loved just one child, somektimes greatful imdidnt with my ex because I'd be in a world of hurt.
I'm not sure if anxiety leads to depression or depression leads to anxiety. Either way yes, it's very hard I know.

Yeah I had my Daughter near 50/50 for near a decade then Ex remarried and suddenly I was accused of sorts of claims etc.......all the vulgar lies Family Lawyers enjoy helping their clients with.

None proven of course. As it's blatantly untrue. Yet no contact allowed and maintenance very high.

My daughter was all I really had mate (my Ex knew this of course). So marry a millionaire with no kids and well, 30K later, goodbye MercuryT.

Everyone has issues so all I can say is you'll get there (trust me I'm not there either) and I find being around people much better than alone. (whether in person, webs or whatever)

Last edited by MercuryT; 18-06-2020 at 08:09 PM.
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 18-06-2020, 08:26 PM   #7
BA-XT
2003 BA Falcon XT

Quote:
I'm not sure if anxiety leads to depression or depression leads to anxiety. Either way yes, it's very hard I know.

Yeah I had my Daughter near 50/50 for near a decade then Ex remarried and suddenly I was accused of sorts of claims etc.......all the vulgar lies Family Lawyers enjoy helping their clients with.

None proven of course. As it's blatantly untrue. Yet no contact allowed and maintenance very high.

My daughter was all I really had mate (my Ex knew this of course). So marry a millionaire with no kids and well, 30K later, goodbye MercuryT.

Everyone has issues so all I can say is you'll get there (trust me I'm not there either) and I find being around people much better than alone. (whether in person, webs or whatever)
Bloody hell. That's some heavy stuff. I really don't know what to say.... but I work in the courts and have seen it where some poor bugger has lost thousands of dollars trying to see their child. Men have been getting screwed in the courts for years. How old is your daughter now" will you get to see her soon

DETAILING
Meguiar's NXT Car Wash

OILS AND FILTERS
Nulon Long Life Coolant
Ryco Oil & Air Filters

2 users like this post: