Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

Default Head Unit Replacement

Hey guys hope this isnt a repeat of previous threads but i have a problem. I have a pioneer head unit sitting at home in a box and no one wants to install it from me. I went to the two best places in townsville but both said they didnt want to touch it. I went to ford to see what parts i needed like a cradle to hold the new single din HU and a pocket to fill in the space underneath. They dont have either and didnt want t help me. Any ideas of what i can do. I can get it out fine but not sure how to mount the new one and no idea on wiring...Im stuck..any advice or experience will be greatly appreciated.
cheers
shannon

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
RichieMK6
Panther Black MK6

i know what ya mean , my mate works at jb in car audio and he told me there are some parts coming out soon for single din player

In development stage 2

Carnt wait for the day ,NA all the way ,9000rpm with the top down
RichieMK6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

You can get the fascia panel on ebay (the ones I've seen were a bit exxy, but I havn't looked for ages), I think it comes with a bracket, the sat-nav panel from the uk works too apparently.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #4
joshf2
striped

sacreybear....do you have the old W6 or the new W6v2? (im guessing the old one cause you say 300w)

and are you running the std deck as well?
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Yep, the old one, and standard h/u, works o.k. but hopefully soon...

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
hijer

Hi everyone,
I've had a WP Flare Fiesta for about a year now and was doing some stereo mods. I'm 23, an Engineer and have clocked up a shade over 30,000km.

I wanted to do the stereo mods by myself for the experience moreover than anything else. But when I pulled apart the instrument panel, I found it hard to put the climate control back together. Regarding the rotary control that controls the airflow, the connection does not come out. It meant that I had to unscrew the climate control from the intrument panel centre facia (the one covering the head unit). I had to put the buttons in before the facia, so I could not screw the buttons to anything. Now the climate control buttons can be pushed in. This isn't a life an death situation, but I don't think it can be classified as "German Engineered" in it's current state.

Any advice as to how to put it back together? UKFN has been down for so long, I don't know where to look.

Thanks
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Peej

yeah mate went to an Alpine dealer and the bloke said there are going to be a whole lot more 'intergration' type technologies coming out in the very near future. So just wait a while and see what comes out.
Peej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Manufacturers are claiming it's part of security, making head units part of the dash. One would wonder why the head unit still requires a security code if that's the case. It's seems like more of a thin veil to try and cut out the aftermarket ICE industry and force customers to pay for pricey factory options. Again, the point is lost if there isn't any upgrade options like on the Fiesta.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #9
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

All it require is for you to do some cutting if you want a new headunit in place of the old one. I've done it and I think it looks nice, i can post pics if you want. Another option some have done is to just relocate your headunit. You disconnect the stock unit and have your headunit in some other place eg. In Glove Box.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #10
0xyg3n

or if you want you can order the parts from fordpartsuk.com

part number - 1148612 For the Sat/Nav Surround - £32.20
part number - 1222161 For Adapter Kit - £26.34
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 08:03 PM   #11
joshf2
striped

sweet, look who's the clever cookie

cheers
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-04-2006, 09:53 PM   #12
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, that the smarter option. Didn't have those when mine was done.

Are all the adapter kits gonna be in such a poor condition? The middle section is warped badly.
Old 03-04-2006, 12:26 AM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Doesn't look warped to me - I think the photo was taken on an angle!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #14
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Look at the photo of the adapter kit (The one on the bottom) and notice who there is a gap that gets larger in the middle betweent the pocket and the edge of the plate. It gets bigger.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:15 AM   #15
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh that part - well yes, does look a little warped. Easier to fix that then CUT into the dash. Just a thought

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
0xyg3n

I dont think its warped. I rotated the pic and it looks like a rubber mat that sits on the bottom. Gravity is making it sag in middle.
0xyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post