Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default New goodies

I went to my local RTA today and swapped my slimline white plates over for the big fat chunky European ones !

They look so much nicer ! :

Also decided enough was enough with my exhaust (sick of constant drone on highway)
I had already had the small resonator replaced with a proper big oval muffler (1 3/4 diameter, reducing it's size gave more backpressure and helped it shut up)
But this still wasnt enough so i had them replace my rear muffler. I discovered it wasnt even glass packed, and it was just a single chambered muffler (so not far off being completely straight through)
They threw on a glass packed Triflow chamber muffler and boy oh boy does it make a difference !

When the car is idling theres a distant..quiet.. deep burble. The car seems more willing at low engine speeds and at highway speeds... well what a pleasure compared to what it used to be.

Cruising at 100kmph with your windows up. You wouldnt even know you had an aftermarket exhaust. But the good thing is, when you want to hear it you can by just burying that right foot deeper and deeper. Just the way i wanted it, My fussiness paid off finally.

Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #2
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds nice. Did you get new exhaust tips or use the old ones? Are the euro plates more expensive than the slimline ones?

I had my own trip to the RTA today to renew the rego. Its Been 2Years now.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

I went in and swapped my slim ones for euros, Cost me 190 all up. Good thing is that its only a One off fee. not ongoing eachyear.

They gave me a new rego sticker, only took about 5 minutes all up
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 28-03-2006, 03:22 PM   #4
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

I love the look of those euro plates, but we don't have them over here in SA. We've got some dodgy looking premium jobbies that just dont cut it. Hopefully we get some soon, I need to fill that spot on my front bumper properly.
Old 28-03-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
Danny
GT4.

Gotta love the euro plates! Looks like I was gonna be the only one with them (Since Teki's depature). Now you got them too.

Colo Red looks good with the euros Mitch, good choice. Also, your zaust sounds like mine characteristically, so you should be happy. I do freeway kays everyday, and its fine at the moment.... But time will tell. Its only been a few weeks.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 12:44 AM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

NICE! I told you they would look better :P

And... Danny - I was always the first :P haha... and I still have them. Just my car is different now, only slightly ;) ... NOT

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #7
crispymk2

I'm planning to get euro plates too, just gotta rebuilt my savings account tho!

Just a question Re your exhaust, what brands etc did you end up with because that sounds like what I'm after... Bit of a rumble at idle but no drone (unlike the cortina, can barely hear the stereo!) on the freeway and some guts when given a bit of a tickle
Old 29-03-2006, 02:39 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Its a redback 2 and a quarter Inch exhaust. All painted matt black. Not that the black matters but yeah, it looks good when you're under the car....
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

2 1/4 would be flipping loud !

My old setup on fiesta made me feel sick sometimes (FAR too loud)
It was just two inch from cat back, with a mid mounted resonator and chambered 2inch rear muffler. was WAY too loud and the car lost far too much backpressure.

Then i replaced the resonator with a proper 1 3/4 inch oval mid muffler and it was a bit better.

The triflow rear muffler is the final piece of the puzzle. shut it up well and truely.
Now for the rest of the exhaust.....

Loads of fun :