Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
LTDHO
The one and only

Default Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
It depends on the context, if you and a friend are buying coffee in a cafe and about to sit down for a chat, then they'll be ready for the long answer.
If the console operator at the servo says it, then it's all "fine thanks".
And don't feel bad for "lying" with your answer, the " fine thanks" is more of a formality when you connect with an unknown person in a civilised society.
One of my answers is
" it's been one of those days"
It avoids the illusion of perfection, but allows the other person to empathise, as we all have those days.
I mean in the work place, it's an office too so swearing isn't always appropriate!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-05-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
I mean in the work place, it's an office too so swearing isn't always appropriate!
I have my standard responses pending on what was asked or said and the time of day. The mid five seem to occur between 7:30am and about 9:30am.

Morning
Tired
OK
*Grunt*
Meh
Yeah
Doing fine

Usually get better after 9:30 though, become a bit more alive and social. Yes, I said that 6 letter word starting with s.

Only one thing that gets me down at the moment and that's thinking of the ex but that's getting better. Starting to feel like the pre-married me again.
Old 21-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
Tui2
Coyote ugly

Hi All
1stly, Sneaky, I go to every Last Round of the V8 Supercars for many reasons, drivers are more relaxed and easily approachable which helps my anxiety in avoiding confrontation ie: if they give me attitude all because i want a final signature to complete the team shirt im wearing then my day..week..months of joy are over. you can punch the living shyte out of me and I'll have a beer with ya afterwards... but give me a words of disrespect/ire in judgement (or even a look of) and dissociative disorder picks me up out of harms way while i watch in disgrace and shame as this unstoppable force supposedly is defending my ego. NOT GOOD AND STILL MY MAIN HURDLE. sorry got off track there with a bit release therapy. ah..oh yes! and being the last round things are more available like the signed tyre i have as a coffee table etc and as to what day you go.. not relevant.. if you want to watch the race then stay home.. if you want to absorb the bio ethanol and simply the greatest sound to stain ya pants (or that could be just me) then record the race and go. the first Homebush race i had gold grandstand tickets and at the end of the day had a sore bum.. the next year i bought a general admin with pit/paddock pass and at the end of the day i had sore feet and a Cheshire Cat smile as my shirt.. caps.. model cars and my son all had signatures from my heros on them. when you are in the paddock next to the Transporters and cars as crew members franticslly prepare for the race and then are asked to step aside as the 20 + V8s near roll over ya feet on their way to the pits.. well that my friends, im not ashamed to say, made me tear up and even though i now knew the end results... sitting at home watching the race afterwards was even better.
2ndly. i too enjoyed the tv series' you speak of and are not ashamed to say that i too binge watch as it shows that no matter how graphic or too close to home the show maybe... you obviously enjoyed it.
3rdly. in my news. im on the home stretch with the estate settlement and on the table for the final agreement if we are to keep out of court.. which is now between the trustee (mum's solicitor) me and my solicitor and my deceased stepfather's two step daughters, that came out of the wood work to contest the Will and demanded 30% each and their solicitor.
where I and my mother have agreed that i get 50% . mum gets 30% ( as she is in a nursing home this is for her to leave something for my 2 sisters) and out of the kindness of our hearts have offered the step daughters 10% each. if they contest that then the solicitors win firstly, and my solicitor on advising me my rights will then submit my claim to 100% of the estate. This claim i could of (and greed says should of) submitted at the start, instead im putting faith in that my appreciation for years of care to my parents is rewarded as stated in the will and that the others be grateful for the gifts and not use my stepfathers death as a means to pay for solicitors wages. stay tuned.
keep up the good fight