Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Getting back into project's

So I was very sick for a long time basically bed riden or stuck in my recliner or on the couch fatigued and not being able to concentrarte and generally feeling like crap or crapping a lot.

So I've had surgery and now feel heaps better but I'm trying to get beck into things I used to love doing like tinkering in the garage with mechanical thing's or just doung something.

Now I find myself still sitting around not knowing what to do just watching youtube or surfing the net or just doing what I was doing when I wasn't feeling well.

If anyone has been through something similar how did you get back into it I have motivation but it's like anxiety nervousness about moving around honestly I don't know what it is, but in my mind I know I want to start doing stuff again.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Getting back into project's

I felt the same after the ute caught fire.... as much as I had a silver lining in the outcome, my pride and joy was gone and I have had zero motivation to do anything remotely mechanical with a car again. I felt dejected, de motivated and really didnt want to do anything.

I too was getting bored just sitting around until I watch a youtube video in march of this year.... This one to be exact...

and in an instant I was hooked! I had to do this! I now do this...

with this...

Its nothing to do with cars but I was more scared doing FPV for the first time than I was driving a 500rwhp ute! I have built several different quads for freestyle and get out there as much as physically possible!

It also doesnt always go to plan....

and this last weekend my goto quad ended up in a river and is now dead.... but thats now an excuse for an upgrade!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere

Last edited by creative; 24-11-2016 at 06:14 PM.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2016, 07:14 PM   #3
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A few years ago I had radiation therapy, daily for 30 days, to kill a skin cancer.

It didn't kill it; needed surgery but that's another story.

I've always been active - self employed from the age of 23 (now in my mid 60's) never one to sit around.

However, the radiation really knocked me around. Took me 2 years to get over it. In that time I worked reduced hours but that was it. Other than that, watched tv, played racing sims, slept. And slept. And slept.

Only started to feel my old self again January this year and I can share that I'm now back as good as I ever was, albeit a bit older.

All I did was start pottering around. Cleaned the house windows, tidied the shed (over a week), walked for exercise, etc. Nothing too onerous but over time a bit more then a bit more.

Don't punish yourself if you're not up to much. Do what you can do and take each day as it comes. Allow yourself to recover without feeling guilty.

Good luck with it. It's a bugger being down and out :(

ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2016, 09:29 PM   #4
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwest View Post
Don't punish yourself if you're not up to much. Do what you can do and take each day as it comes. Allow yourself to recover without feeling guilty.

Good luck with it. It's a bugger being down and out :(
Thanks mate this really helps cause that's what I've been doing sitting around feeling guilty and not being kind to myself when I know I should be thanks mate.
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2016, 01:21 PM   #5
pcman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

in a similar situation myself been taking it very easy since a 1 month stay in hospital at easter so 6-7 months of lazyness, im finding it hard to get back into projects, so i picked the fun ones first, if you enjoy say wiring get cracking on it, plus its less hard labor intensive so its easy to start with

or go give a mate a hand with a project, im currently rewiring a mates ecu, engine dash WAAAA this is my current disaster
pcman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: