Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 16-02-2006, 02:37 AM   #1
frinik

Default More Power!!!

Are there any workshops in Sydney that will do performance tuning for fiestas? I'm craving more power ...
Also, does anybody know roughly how much extra kw will i get from pod filter and getting exhaust done as a starter?

frinik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
chown
_ObLiViOuS_

hey frinik, i have a 2 inch lukey catback and a k&N pod filter. I dont know any exact specs of what power i have from them but it feels a lot more responsive and sounds a shat load better. I would recommend you get these, reasonably cheap and easy and i reckon it makes the car run a litle more efficient....besides when u drive it hard to hear ur new mods... .I heard somewhere a pod can give 4bhp and around the same for the catback, not sure on the reliability of those stats tho..

RED FEZ>> http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/_ChOwN_/6047c746.jpg
chown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #3
frinik

I always drive it hard...car needs more balls....might be why my fuel economy isnt too good.
has anybody put one of these things on? http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/...PartType=AFP03
Old 17-02-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Hey frinik, that pipercross intake is apparently extremely good. Tommorow morning i pickup K&N's version of it called the Apollo.

Ill have it on the car in about a week when i get a new intake pipe made up for it.
Hopefully it should yield better results than my current intake setup.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #5
frinik

Sounds good mitch...let me know what the results are
Old 21-02-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default More Power!!!

Picked up my apollo about 5days ago, still not on, trying to find an exhaust shop that do intakes. I cant get in contact with the place that did my old one :(

Wont be long ;)
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Cant wait to hear how it all goes Mitch. Hopefully will be a little red pocket rocket. cough EXTRACTORS cough.
Old 28-02-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Hey Frinik,

Im not too sure on who would do performance tuning in the sydney area, but would be great is peeps like Herrod etc wanted to tweak the engine.

So far ive got K&N Pod Filter with no good CAI setup but looking to find better materials and location for the pod and CAI point. Add to that 2inch Redback Catback Exhaust. Just with these two mods, ive notice very good throttle response over the RPM range and better fuel efficencey, concidering its an Auto, and pulls much harder in 1st and 2nd. :

Im currently in the process of sorting out a better intake setup to reduce hot engine air and obtain more cold air. Extractors and hi flow cat are also in the pipeline. Concidering some peoples dyno readings (58fwkw - just BMC filter - Manual, 61fwkw - just cat back 2 inch - Manual), i would be exstatic with 70+fwkw. But the fez isnt really designed for performance, but anything better than 74kw at fly is a bonus. Anything is achievable just need to check with your bank. :

But you can always turbo the beast for some serious rubber shredding. :evilking:

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 28-02-2006 at 01:31 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
joshf2
striped

well, mines the 61kw monster with only the exhaust done.

its had the centre muffler removed, and ive also got a flange at the rear which allows me to take off the rear muffler and stick a straight through pipe on it. so essentially, its muffler-less. in saying this, there is a definate loss of power with the loud pipe, so i wouldnt go too free flowing.

the only other thing i could think about, after exhaust and air, is maybe decking the head to increase compression, run double valve springs, port/polish the head (although, from what ive read/heard, the head flows pretty well) and chip the bugger to increase redline to 9000rpm
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post