Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2016, 07:50 PM   #1
Rob1964

Default Fpv f6-f

I realize it's too late for this but who would of liked to see an honorable tribute to the F6 from FPV ? I mean they done well paying tribute to the GT with the GT-F. And now the FGX Sprints are paying homage to the Sprint name plate! So really the F6 never got a true farewell.
Rob1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2016, 08:20 PM   #2
vixf6

Default Re: Fpv f6-f

F6 will go down as something very special from Ford and being an owner, it's nice that it remains largely unchanged apart from some minor series 2 items. Glad there's no tribute actually, nice to have one of the last. ( selfish yeh) It has its own character and is well loved by many. HSV,s Holdens of all types, are always, let's say "agitated" around well mine anyway, which is sorta nice ha ha
2016 R8 Clubsport Lsa sold for beer money
F6 sold AND SAD ABOUT IT
vixf6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-05-2016, 08:50 PM   #3
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixf6 View Post
F6 will go down as something very special from Ford and being an owner, it's nice that it remains largely unchanged apart from some minor series 2 items. Glad there's no tribute actually, nice to have one of the last. ( selfish yeh) It has its own character and is well loved by many. HSV,s Holdens of all types, are always, let's say "agitated" around well mine anyway, which is sorta nice ha ha
G'day...The F6 is a truly great bird..The F6 will be one of the icons from down under..and along with the XR6 Turbo..will be as sadly missed as any of the GT's and XR8's..The F6 was a kick **** car by any measure...and bang for the buck they'd embarrass many many much higher priced overseas (and local) beasties time after time after time..
My N/A FG XR6 .I love , also with the ZF , but she's a bit off the F6 ..Enjoy yours you lucky , lucky bugger..Sounds like yours in very worthy and respectful hands ...an Aussie icon for sure and certain..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-05-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1964 View Post
I realize it's too late for this but who would of liked to see an honorable tribute to the F6 from FPV ? I mean they done well paying tribute to the GT with the GT-F. And now the FGX Sprints are paying homage to the Sprint name plate! So really the F6 never got a true farewell.

What's an FPV F6 F ?
Old 11-05-2016, 12:30 AM   #5
Rob1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTF6 View Post
What's an FPV F6 F ?
Final F6
Rob1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #6
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The XR8 never got the send off it should have either. This year is 25 years since introduction.
1 more year and they could have done a last anniversary for the GT too, 50th anniversary. Or 25 years since the EB GT

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, manual option 2G body kit but now wears the Rebel kit

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post