Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 06:57 PM   #31
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cats and Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Cats that are left to roam free kill alot of local birdlife and this could be easily prevented by caring owners taking better care of their pets...
It comes down to "care factor",most cat owners have "zero carefactor" Unfortunately,their usual response is "that's what they do just get over it"
Nothing can be done about humans killing kangaroos especially if they have permission to develop property... there is no shortage of kangaroos!
If calm had concerns about species being wiped out they would not approve such developments.
You are essentially disagreeing with development that is law and calm approved and saying its ok for cats to kill wildlife which could in most cases be prevented by decent cat owners,typical cat owners response...
Cat owners usually don't care what damage their pets inflict on the environment or other peoples cars..
Rubbish. Human are responsible for the destruction of the environment we live in. Blaming a domestic pet for the destruction of wildlife is drawing a very long bow...

I am agreeing that our government permits the destruction of the land in which our wildlife lives and does not care.

I live my life by a few rules, #1 rule is I don't believe anything the government tells me.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #32
superfly
Go the Hogster!

I hate cats.

Luckily my car is parked in a garage but at previous houses, I've had the car scratched by cats.

Now my problem is them crapping in my garden bed and ripping up my front door mat. I wish I could blame the owner but I have no idea who they are. Cats should be kept in their own house/yard. Not roam the streets wherever they like to go.

Can't wait for the council to make cats registered like dogs. Hopefully owners will then be more responsible or get rid of them.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #33
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ghia View Post
Its not the cats fault they wander the neighbourhood. Its the owners that let them wander.

Please don't blame the cats or suggest harming of cats. Blame the owners.
No one said it's the cats fault, but if the owner does not care for the cat, and it is damaging my property or making my life worse, then it needs to be disposed of, easy way out is trap the cat and take to shelter.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #34
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6 Concorde View Post
Rubbish. Human are responsible for the destruction of the environment we live in. Blaming a domestic pet for the destruction of wildlife is drawing a very long bow...

I am agreeing that our government permits the destruction of the land in which our wildlife lives and does not care.

I live my life by a few rules, #1 rule is I don't believe anything the government tells me.
Cats kill Australian Native wild life, it's a fact, there are probably more cats than people in Australia, and almost every single one will kill some sort of native animal every day of it's miserable life.

It's not what the Government tells us, it's what is happening in the Australian bush every single day.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

4 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #35
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly View Post
I hate cats.

Luckily my car is parked in a garage but at previous houses, I've had the car scratched by cats.

Now my problem is them crapping in my garden bed and ripping up my front door mat. I wish I could blame the owner but I have no idea who they are. Cats should be kept in their own house/yard. Not roam the streets wherever they like to go.

Can't wait for the council to make cats registered like dogs. Hopefully owners will then be more responsible or get rid of them.

Cats need to be microchipped in NSW already not sure about other states.

Here are some basic rules:

https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/do...ership-program

https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/public/do...g-registration

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 PM   #36
Mr Brooksy
Youth worker

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Numerous helpful how-to's and sound advice! 

Water proof car cover should make a difference?

Hate cats personally, but there is not much you can do about them except lie in wait with the hose. Usually only need to nail them once...

2011 SZ Territory

Old Futura thread:
Brooksy's Ex Build
Old 12-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #37
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
No one said it's the cats fault, but if the owner does not care for the cat, and it is damaging my property or making my life worse, then it needs to be disposed of, easy way out is trap the cat and take to shelter.
That sounds uncatstitutional...
2 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #38
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes I have car covers but doing that everyday gets very old fast, thinking of buying one of those kids squirt guns and going Rambo.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #39
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINKY NINJA View Post
Cats that are left to roam free kill alot of local birdlife and this could be easily prevented by caring owners taking better care of their pets...
It comes down to "care factor",most cat owners have "zero carefactor" Unfortunately,their usual response is "that's what they do just get over it"
Nothing can be done about humans killing kangaroos especially if they have permission to develop property... there is no shortage of kangaroos!
If calm had concerns about species being wiped out they would not approve such developments.
You are essentially disagreeing with development that is law and calm approved and saying its ok for cats to kill wildlife which could in most cases be prevented by decent cat owners,typical cat owners response...
Cat owners usually don't care what damage their pets inflict on the environment or other peoples cars..
There were a pack of rabid greenies over here in NZ singing the same tune in a small bush clad town. These POS were responsible for up to 20 domestic cats going missing. And the end result had the opposite intention, the rats bred like crazy and native bird life went into decline as they had gotten into bird nests. But hey, she will be a cold day in hell when a greenies idea works out in the real world.

F6 Concorde, I'd be a bit hesitant in letting your cats over that interior. I had my window down half and one of the cats got in. When exiting it must have slipped and dug its claws into the door card. Not too much of a major but it would make a right mess of your leather.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 PM   #40
Sprint
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

choose your destiny cat.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nerf-Supe...item1e80897de3

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Giant-Wat...item5420268cc6

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nerf-Supe...item486f2566d3
Old 12-10-2015, 08:17 PM   #41
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

That cat across the road from me has been crapping in my garden for months. It then jumps on the bonnet of the Territory with dirty paws tracking filth up the windscreen to the roof where it sits under the cover of my carport spying on my neighbors bird aviary's.

Small scratches on the bonnet need polishing out and the mess, especially the day after washing has been driving me crazy.
I knocked on their door on the weekend and explained what's happening and how I'm VERY annoyed in a polite manner. They agreed to try keeping it inside by sundown as it always happens after dark. Problem solved!

If I see it on there again I will grab a trap from the council and hand it in once caught.
Cats in my area have the same rules as dogs, not permitted off the owners property at any time. Seems the council only goes for dog owners in this regard.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #42
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Since this is about failed cat thread #10 where the suggestion of animal cruelty starts to run rife, any future threads about cats and cars will be deleted. I have had cat damage myself several times but don't condone any hurting of animals.

As Falcon Coupe rationally stated, speak to the owner, get a trap or call a ranger to solve your problem.

Anyone wants some other hints, google it.

Last edited by Professor Farnsworth; 12-10-2015 at 09:27 PM.
4 users like this post:
Closed Thread