Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
HULK_I6T
Banned

Default HULK FRIDAY: P-Plater friday night wars

Another hard week at work comes to an end, time to wipe the sweat off your brow for one last task...

Im sure everyone has noticed the P-Plater congregations at Maccas or Service stations on Friday/Saturday night.

Are these P-platers friends or are they at war? You commonly see a herd of p-platers usually with one person per car (a driver). They are all trying to impress one another with shiney wheels, loud exhaust or a subwoofer bumping away. All the cars parked in a line telling stories.

But is this a friendly situation or are they at war? A few actions of note..

1. When there is a decision to go somewhere, its like they all sprint to their cars to get away quickly as if they were off to fight a fire, its like every second counts.
2. They all battle for the order at which they leave the carpark, cutting each other off and pushing in, with ultimate glory to be the lead car
3. They give their cars unnecessary revs particularly a manual to make maximum noise and give the impression they are packing some horsepower under the hood.
4. There is always the one car with a few girls in it, for some reason they can manage to car pool.
5. The stock looking newer cars are usually mums/dads car
6. If they are to arrive to a party they must first meet at a service station or maccas to arrive as a motorcade with everyone bucking and bumping to be the lead car..
7. As they leave the carpark there is the customary burnout to try and get credit points amongst each other.

Are the P-Platers at war with one another or are they friends?

Old 12-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Hell Cat

Default Re: HULK FRIDAY: P-Plater friday night wars

Does this actually happen?
Old 12-12-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Naughty Hulk stalking P platers - pulease.
This user likes this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
Windsor220
Now Fordless

You're watching too much Fast and the Furious
4 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #5
HULK_I6T
Banned

go undercover at your local maccas or service station tonight and you will see for yourself.

Its a war out there amongst p-platers.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Sunbury Maccas usually has the crew of Silver VY Commodores with 19" wheels on the front and black 15" steelies on the back and they've been dumped on their *** reppin' P plates.

Sometimes they congregate around the Cinema/Safeway carpark as well at early hours of the morning too.

What ever floats their goat IMO as long as they're keeping out of trouble.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 AM   #7
strobe

Undercover? As in not dressed in your macca's work uniform?
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question should be - what did Hulk do when on P plates
Old 12-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds like the makings of a movie franchise.

A bad one
Old 12-12-2014, 12:36 PM   #10
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post

Are the P-Platers at war with one another or are they friends?
I went to Prinny hwy a few Friday nights this year in my BMW and it seems that the people who are actually car enthusiasts are the ones that are friendly and will have a chat about your car/their car.

Note also, their cars are usually clean, with nice modifications that actually enhance the vehicles visual and aural pleasure

Unfortunately though, many other people that attend Prinny on a Friday are also bottom feeder stereotypes with their sick Commo/Falcon/cheap $3000 car on stockies that have straight through pipes and chopped springs. It gives a bad name to everyone else.

I find the enthusiasts are at war with the bottom feeders, regardless if they're P-platers or not.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

sorry

stopped noticing when i was about 17
dont see it in my neck of the woods
dunno what happens in town thou
Old 12-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #12
1TUFFUTE
Banned

I enjoy looking for all the new and weird ways they attach or hang the P and even L plates on their cars.

Hanging from chains
Covering the famous tailgate ding
The letter cut out and covering the rear lights(that looked cool) lol

Hanging out like that is just what kids do when they've just been exposed to such 'freedom' a car gives
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 01:43 PM   #13
fgpsi
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do you take your amg with green ps to Maccas and join them hulk ?
Old 12-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #14
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

What work do you do that finishes at 10am on a Friday Mr Hulk?

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
4 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #15
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

It still happens. I visited a friend in Noble Park recently at night and the local McDonald's was full of lowered de-badged Commodores with steelies and fluro-coloured Skylines and other Nissans.

I watched Motorway Patrol recently and saw how the cops deal with hoons and street racing there. It seemed like all they do is turn up with their lights flashing and get everyone to disperse via loudspeaker, and laugh on camera at the kids out "having fun". No squad of cars stopping them all and inspecting/impounding going on.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Old 12-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #16
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wasn't a hard work week for me, I haven't been to work for 3 weeks and not going for another 3.

On topic this almost never happens to that extent. Around here people hang out in their cars around the foreshore, but not very many at all carry on like you stated, Hulk. Plus it mostly happens on Thursday night or Sunday arvo. Only about half of them are P platers, and only about a quarter have decent cars. Most are just V6 commies with bad wheels and a sick sub
Old 12-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #17
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do any of them have one of those look at me Fluoro Falcons?
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Old 12-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #18
Grippy
Racing improves the breed

So how long have you been working at Maccas Hulk?

1964 Mini Cooper S Historic Group Nb Touring car

Victorian Hill Climb Championship
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #19
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There's idiots in every age group or "license level", but at least they are out enjoying their cars, so long as they are not hurting anyone.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 04:40 PM   #20
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was a lad we used to ride our horses into town and jear at new saddles or boots or Akubra hats, now they all just changed their habbits like.

Its strange but around town these young 'uns like to show their cars off,

when I was growing up we'd all congregate at the beach and the tough ones would see who had the biggest di** 'wand' ....that sorted the weeds out and they were usually the loudest ones.

These days they know they have little wieners but strut around with their (cough cough) 'hot' cars saying look at me, look at me.

You obviously have'nt had rooster chooks at your home... they do the same thing.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only pedophiles go undercover at McDonalds
Old 12-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #22
1TUFFUTE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
There's idiots in every age group or "license level", but at least they are out enjoying their cars, so long as they are not hurting anyone.
Yep.....there's "idiots" everywhere. Even in here.... Commenting in a thread they don't care to talk about with any meaningfull......hangon....where's the mods again? Must be on holidays like every Friday.......
Old 12-12-2014, 07:11 PM   #23
buggo
[BU66OS]

I'm 22, so this was me only a few years ago. I'll try and answer even though I'm not sure why it really matters.

For me ateast, this happened when I was on my red P's. This means only a one passenger limit, and we're only 17 so too young to go out to clubs/ pubs.

It was the first time we all had that much freedom to explore. It only makes sense we want to share this new adventure with our mates. So we all meet up somewhere, usually maccas - because it's fun to eat plus there's a big carpark to accommodate everyones cars.

After a bit we got bored, so someone will suggest an idea, usually another maccas, and we'd all head there. We were kids, so we got excited and like to rush.

Same idea as leaving, theres no 'glory' in being in front though.

These were our first cars, compared to the pushy's we'd previously had all our lives, we were packing serious horsepower. And at 17 who doesn't love to be a bit of a show off?

Probs the guy with a girlfriend, carting her friends around too. It's **** though, he's overloading risking a fine, can't go fast without squeals and has to listen to Rhianna.

Sometimes is mums/ dads. But for me at least, I had a BA XR6 when it was only 4 or 5 years old at the time. But couldn't afford to mod it so started stock.

Never been on a car meet? Same idea, plus it's fun to turn up with your mates, because 17 year old are shy and insecure. No fight to be lead though, that's silly.

It's usually the same odd few doing the burnouts each time. Leads back to wanting to have attention though I'd say. Plus it's fun when it's new.

There's no war, it's mostly friendly. I met a lot of random people back those days just talking cars.

It all dies down pretty quick once the bulk of a group of friends turn 18, then it's going out all weekend.

That was 5 years ago for me now though, which seems a whole world away. I'd say the same still applies though. But point of the story - they're kids, they don't give a **** what grown ups think.

BA XR8 Manual
Old 12-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #24
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
Yep.....there's "idiots" everywhere. Even in here.... Commenting in a thread they don't care to talk about with any meaningfull......hangon....where's the mods again? Must be on holidays like every Friday.......
WHINGE ****IN WHINGE....
Old 12-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #25
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I was too busy pouring oil on the ground to get my single spinner XF to cut a skid, ** maccas
5 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #26
MrEL
Sick Puppy

At least they are out and about screaming for attention where that might possibly get a root , unlike some who get on an Internet forum trying to get attention to themselves while whacking off.
3 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2014, 07:17 PM   #27
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
where's the mods again? Must be on holidays like every Friday.......

Right here...
8 users like this post:
Closed Thread