Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #1
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Why is it that.......

Just when everything is going really well, a BLOODY coworker comes along and screws it right up again?!

Yesterday I left my brand new, $2k HP laptop sitting on the desk, password protected so nobody can get into my files, i ducked out for about 5 minutes, and then i come back to find my new laptop lying on the ground in a pile of shattered glass.
Said coworker decided to sit there and try and get into my private laptop, leant on the glass table too hard, broke it and sent my laptop to the floor at a rather rapid pace.

she's now going to cop a $600+ bill to repair the some 3yrs worth of chips, scratches, dents and marsk my laptop is covered in. and even once it is fixed, the bloody thing will never be the same. s**ts me.

Old 31-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #2
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bugger... What was the co-worker's response???
Old 31-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #3
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Probably tried to shirk responsibilty like a typical co-worker would.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:09 PM   #4
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

That sucks, sorry to hear it!

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

That's what co-workers do.

Doesn't bother me that much as it make me look good!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #6
BA Bakes
It's Cat huntin season...

I've got a big stick you can you to belt the crap out of them. It's doesn't fix your laptop, but it fun.

XRB055 - Black BA MkII XR8 Ute.
6 Speed manual, Leather seats, hard lid.
To do list - Cat back exhaust, new wheels, new shock and front sway bar, and whatever else seems like a good idea

Old Ride
XR40RD - Phantom BA XR6
160 rear wheel killer wasps - Pacemakers - 3" HiFlo Cat - 2.5 Redback exhaust - 18" Speedy Graphite Rims - Dumped on King Superlows - Standard ICC with iPod cradle, 5x7" Boston Acoustics, 12 Alpine sub powered by 4 channel Alpine amp
[/SIZE]
BA Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Not good. People seem to have no respect for other peoples belongings.
Make sure she cops that bill and don't let her get away with it!

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

what was she doing trying to get into it . walk in on her when she is in the loo as pay back.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:03 AM   #9
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

I work in IT with an office full of laptops. Its generally an unwritten but well known rule that no one EVER touches someone elses Laptop/PC without there expressed permission and usually while they are present. Even our Sys Admin guys NEVER touch anyones laptops without them there.. its just not done.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
b2tf
not here much anymore

I can't say too much as our business has a few regulars on here, but all I will say is that Im not bloody happy about the fact this person was using it while i wasnt there, and that on top of that, ive got a now very bruised looking laptop.

It's not the only issue I'm having with this particular person either, but thats another story. Ah the joys of working with other people. :
Old 01-02-2006, 12:34 AM   #11
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I have one ***** of a co-worker. He took $800 from a locked drawer in my office, but I can't prove it was him enough to get him in trouble.
He takes things out of my office that I need to use to do my job, AND he drew all over the photos of my car that are up in my office
Fair enough if he doesn't like Fords (he has no taste), but I hate to imagine what he would have done if I actually ever parked my car in the car park.
Hopefully he'll get fired or moved in the next few weeks as he's on probation now.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #12
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
I have one ***** of a co-worker. He took $800 from a locked drawer in my office, but I can't prove it was him enough to get him in trouble.
He takes things out of my office that I need to use to do my job, AND he drew all over the photos of my car that are up in my office
Fair enough if he doesn't like Fords (he has no taste), but I hate to imagine what he would have done if I actually ever parked my car in the car park.
Hopefully he'll get fired or moved in the next few weeks as he's on probation now.
You should "draw" all over him...... with a stanley knife, or a soldering iron
:
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

AS much as the laptop damage is a bummer Aust, just how shonky is the glass table that it was sitting on???

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #14
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
AS much as the laptop damage is a bummer Aust, just how shonky is the glass table that it was sitting on???
Not just the glass table being shonky!
B2tf...Without offending.. If you have issues with staff in a brand new business, sort em NOW!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 03:30 AM   #15
EvilChief
Boost Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
I work in IT with an office full of laptops. Its generally an unwritten but well known rule that no one EVER touches someone elses Laptop/PC without there expressed permission and usually while they are present. Even our Sys Admin guys NEVER touch anyones laptops without them there.. its just not done.
I used to work in an It business and I bought myself a barnd spanking new IBM laptop as my boss was too tight to sponsor his techs a laptop for their work (we need laptops for everything we do, yet he doesnt provide us with one , and every time i leave the office for whatever reason someone touches it. it was also copany policy to leave it unlocked, because we had to use a program that uses licenses, and again boss was too tight to buy enough licenses for all employees, so we somtimes had to share a license. In the end every time i left the pffice even for 2 minutes i turned my laptop off so noone could use it. was getting rather annoying, wasted my time in a big way, but iy was the only way to protect my own data.
Let alone all my tools, i had so many tools stolen over the months and all of them were my own, paid from my own money (again no tools were provided to us from our boss)

thank gawd i quit
LN65 Hilux Turbo - sold
EL31 Corolla Turbo - sold
Ford AU Ute Turbo - sold
Ford AU XR8 Sedan - 5.4l V8 Turbo (in the build)
Ford BA XR6T Ute - daily driver
Ford FG XR6T Sedan - cruiser

do you see a general trend? I DO

Can't live with it, can't live without it!
EvilChief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #16
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
Just when everything is going really well, a BLOODY coworker comes along and screws it right up again?!

Yesterday I left my brand new, $2k HP laptop sitting on the desk, password protected so nobody can get into my files, i ducked out for about 5 minutes, and then i come back to find my new laptop lying on the ground in a pile of shattered glass.
Said coworker decided to sit there and try and get into my private laptop, leant on the glass table too hard, broke it and sent my laptop to the floor at a rather rapid pace.

she's now going to cop a $600+ bill to repair the some 3yrs worth of chips, scratches, dents and marsk my laptop is covered in. and even once it is fixed, the bloody thing will never be the same. s**ts me.
This is one of the reasons that we tell users at work to copy information to a network drive as often as possible. Generally people are ok - seldom does someone use a laptop when their team members don't.

Interestingly, with a company of over 250 people, its been decided to stop buying new PCs at all and to now fill the spaces with laptops - regardless of whether they need one or not.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 AM   #17
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Work doesn't have many laptops, but if the person is logged in, or windows is locked, we seek permission before we start work on the machine - it's mainly to cover my butt in the event they say "you lost all my work!".

We also encourage network storage, every user knows if it's not on a network drive, it will be lost eventually.

I don't know what to suggest, but you may have plenty of problems with it later. I'd be looking for a replacement unit. If you're not the boss, explain to the boss why you dont want people near your goods, maybe he doesn't realise or hasn't told staff about this.

My last experience with my own laptop was about 6 years ago. just bought a brand new gateway 2000 machine, it cost me $6500 at the time, and i had it two weeks. It was stolen and wasn't insured.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:05 AM   #18
EA2BA
PM me if you want

The company i was working at have a program called second copy, it runs on every laptop and backs up most of the important directories for users to a network drive, if the laptop gets stolen or broken, then a new one is built from an image and the files dumped back on the laptop, so no loss of most files that way. Also comes in handy as sometimes they delete files and you could recover them quickly.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #19
Dodge
i like to be stroked

is she 2 yrs old, or was she screwing someone on the bench top, i cant see how someone could be so careless and get away with it, Give her ur lappie and make her buy a new one
Old 01-02-2006, 09:57 AM   #20
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
I can't say too much as our business has a few regulars on here, but all I will say is that Im not bloody happy about the fact this person was using it while i wasnt there, and that on top of that, ive got a now very bruised looking laptop.

It's not the only issue I'm having with this particular person either, but thats another story. Ah the joys of working with other people. :

Man get his ИИИИ fired and get me a job there lol.

kidding lol
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #21
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
what was she doing trying to get into it . walk in on her when she is in the loo as pay back.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!