Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-07-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Help - Can you reco a TS50 headlight?

Hello all.

I want to put new front lights on a ts50 T3 as they have a lot of sandblasting on the plastic lens. I don't think you can buy new ones with the blacked out inserts. Can mine be rebuilt, or can I buy a new standard set of headlights and pull them apart and paint the inside surrounds black??

Any help would be appreciated. In Sydney area.

boss351290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
buggo
[BU66OS]

Default Re: Help - Can you reco a TS50 headlight?

Is it possible to take off the front plastic of a standard set than reseal it onto the TS backing?

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 10:07 AM   #3
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I've done it with the Fairlane lights so I'd assume the falcon lights are the same. I used a heat gun to heat up the polyurethane sealant and paint craper to gently prise the lens and cover apart. Going back together is the same, heat the sealant up, add a little more to ensure a good seal then press the whole lot back together. Or, heat the seal, press it back together and then run a bead of silicone around the outer edge to ensure a good seal. There's nothing worse than condensation build up inside the light after a good rain.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 22-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
byamin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...ing+headlights
byamin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

You can take them out and sand back the lense, then polish them back up etc...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
Matty4
Banana

Yep. If they're dull and yellowed, you can sand that off and then polish them back to clear.
Depending on how bad they are try using some 1500 wet and dry with plenty of soapy water, progressing to 2000 wet and dry. Then using a buffing machine with some fine cutting compound will have them looking great again. You can also look into re applying a UV coating to try and prevent them yellowing in the future.
Old 23-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
boss351290
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks everybody for your input. As always I can't believe how smart you guys are. thanks.
boss351290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #8
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Yes you can just buy new headlights and paint the bezels in the colour of your choice OR swap over existing ones. Guide on here on how to do it goodluck!
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post