Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-01-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
snozzau
Starter Motor

Default Leads????????

Guys,
Dont want to flog a dead horse on this one but is there a set time that plug leads should be replaced at?
My AU3 XR6 has 140000 on the clock,can be hard to start,idles a bit rough and is fairly thirsty.
Injectors have just been cleaned,plugs replaced,fuel filter looks brand new.
I am looking at a set of jmm extractors and might go with their leads as well.
All ideas and opinions welcome.
Cheers,
Snoz

snozzau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im led to believe around the 100k-150k mark is good..
so id say change em.. (mine broke down at 90k so needed replacing then)
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Something was wrong with mine (approx 90,000km), producing staggered lines on the dyno. JMM replaced them with the ones from their DEV kits for VCT and all was fine.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #4
Baboon_AU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

it can't hurt to replace them, it wouldn't do it any harm

1981 XD Fairmont 351 - 351 Cleveland, ARP bolts, flat top pistons, Stage 3 Dynotec cam, ported 2V heads with 4V valves, Roller Rockers, Weiand manifold, Mighty Demon, 1/2" fuel lines with blue Holley fuel pump, Crane hi-6 ignition, B&M megashifter, C4, hi-stall, shift kit, 3.77 Ford 9" LSD.

Thanks to: EvilChief and SJW Performance
Baboon_AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post