Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 04-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: Wheels That Fit Brembo Brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyb87 View Post
I know this is an old post matt but do you know if the roh mantis in 18's will fit over the 4 piston's?
I am unsure but if the wheels are on the car can you measure the distance between the outside rotor face and the inside of the spoke at the most outer part of the disc and let me know.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Mattyb87
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOORED View Post
I am unsure but if the wheels are on the car can you measure the distance between the outside rotor face and the inside of the spoke at the most outer part of the disc and let me know.
Unfortunately I don't have them fitted as stupid me listened to a ford tuning shop who said getting fpv brembo's would be the best bang for your buck but never said anything about upgrading wheels. Anyway in an roh product catalogue it said that both the 18's and 19's in the shadow chrome fit fpvs or xr6 with brembo so seeing as though I just spent over a thousand bucks on a set of potenzas these wheels have let me breath a sigh of relief
So here's a pic to go on the list too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.1 KB, 130 views)
Mattyb87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Mattyb87
Starter Motor

Quote:
After booking the car into bridgestone the guy has now gone a but cautious about saying they will def fit so he said once they fit one can I check that they will be ok before putting the rest on. So currently it just has the standard brakes so once he fits one wheel what clearance measurement am I looking for that will mean the brembos will definitely clear? Thanks for your help matt. I bought a fair bit of stuff through race brakes for my vl turbo show car and like everyone on here will agree when I say that your willingness to help people and your knowledge is second to none and is greatly appreciated
Old 07-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyb87 View Post
After booking the car into bridgestone the guy has now gone a but cautious about saying they will def fit so he said once they fit one can I check that they will be ok before putting the rest on. So currently it just has the standard brakes so once he fits one wheel what clearance measurement am I looking for that will mean the brembos will definitely clear? Thanks for your help matt. I bought a fair bit of stuff through race brakes for my vl turbo show car and like everyone on here will agree when I say that your willingness to help people and your knowledge is second to none and is greatly appreciated

Thanks for the feedback.Generally the wheel manufacturer will know if it fits the factory Brembo brakes. What i generally use for the front is this
"measure the distance between the outside rotor face and the inside of the spoke at the most outer part of the disc and you need atleast 90mm gap"
I will try and find a template and we are finally working on a Brembo 6 pot kit that moves inwards a fair bit plus we have other kits under way that sit minimum 10mm further in.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Mattyb87
Starter Motor

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.Generally the wheel manufacturer will know if it fits the factory Brembo brakes. What i generally use for the front is this
"measure the distance between the outside rotor face and the inside of the spoke at the most outer part of the disc and you need atleast 90mm gap"
I will try and find a template and we are finally working on a Brembo 6 pot kit that moves inwards a fair bit plus we have other kits under way that sit minimum 10mm further in.
Thanks Matt had them fitted and clear by 5mm so thank you to you for your advice and second that's another you can add to the list is roh mantis in black wth machine face 18" rims fit over brembo's