Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 19-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #1
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Default Right or Wrong you Decide..

I personally think its quite funny, and something that we all would like to do at some stage of our lives...

Laugh or is it Wrong

And for those not able to click the link...

VANDALS have broken into Darwin City Council headquarters and urinated into the motorcycle helmets of its parking inspectors.

The council's director of community services John Banks said yesterday: "The officers are sometimes subjected to some abuse and criticism but they shouldn't have to put up with this sort of thing," he said.
The vandals didn't steal from the compound or damage anything else in it.

They lined up five motorcycle helmets used by parking officers and urinated in them.

It is believed the vandals struck early Friday morning. Council staff found the helmets later that morning.

They have since been replaced, at a total cost of $950.

"It's a pretty disappointing thing to happen," Mr Banks said.
He said he was surprised people would target parking officers.

"They do a very difficult job and do it very well," he said. "Often they get compliments from the public."

A fine in Darwin will set you back either $20 or $50.

The council's eight parking officers are now keeping their helmets inside at night.

"It's poor treatment of the officers and a waste of ratepayers money," Mr Banks said.

He said the council was not hopeful the offenders would be caught.

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 03:16 PM   #2
max^power
Formerly au^ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
and a waste of ratepayers money
i'd agree here. I dont consider it funny personally, people shouldn't have to ruin something for it to be funny. Glad i'm not a rate payer there
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I personally think its quite funny, and something that we all would like to do at some stage of our lives...
So would it be funny if someone broke into your SS & urinated on the seat because they didn't like your line of work
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #4
henry 351
Punch it baby, punch it.

Location: Working hard. If you work hard you get the goodies.

"and a waste of ratepayers money"

I suppose they could have piddled in the Cafe Bar then, there would be no harm done to humans...

Hey au^ute, I'm a ratepayer in Frankston so I don't need to tell you Council have FUBAR'd up things there at times...
Old 19-01-2006, 03:36 PM   #5
max^power
Formerly au^ute

yeah, they're useless morons, ill be out of frankston soon enough! then ill be paying another council to waste money. Ithink they're all pretty much the same.
Old 19-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #6
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How is it funny - it's their job which they do for a living to put food on the table. Like em or hate em I'm sure they don't want to be parking inspectors.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #7
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
"Often they get compliments from the public."
That's even funnier
Speed cameras have changed the things we pay attention to and the things we regard as important. Instead of focusing on the dangers ahead, motorists feel that they have been relieved of responsibility for managing their own driving, and have ceded it instead to the mechanical intervention of the camera and other traffic signals.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
So would it be funny if someone broke into your SS & urinated on the seat because they didn't like your line of work
Actually I meant it was funny in the hypothetical approach, we have all wanted to take some form of retribution against Police, Parking Inspectors, car Dealerships etc etc...

Oh and if they did ИИИИ on my seats of the SS...thats the beauty of Leather....everything just wipes off with water..no stains and no smells....and having a child,well I know all about "spills" in the car..

Craig
Old 19-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #9
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

At $120.00 a helmet thay aint Shoei X-elevens.....
Regards,
Tote
Old 19-01-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Oh and if they did ИИИИ on my seats of the SS...thats the beauty of Leather....everything just wipes off with water..no stains and no smells....and having a child,well I know all about "spills" in the car..
Yeah Right :
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #11
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

ИИИИ funny and i need to go know wish i had a helmut to pee in

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #12
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Actually I meant it was funny in the hypothetical approach, we have all wanted to take some form of retribution against Police, Parking Inspectors, car Dealerships etc etc...

Two questions:

* May I urinate in your SS?
* Why not?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 08:20 PM   #13
Dark Horse
_Oo===oO_

Not something I would do regardless of how unpopular their job is. If it's their ways and means of earning a living so be it as others have stated already.
Old 19-01-2006, 09:45 PM   #14
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L
Two questions:

* May I urinate in your SS?
* Why not?

Sure if you must....you will get wet but...as I am positive you sit down to Urinate.... : :

Craig
Old 19-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #15
max^power
Formerly au^ute

you can't wee in an SS because it would start to disolve.
Old 19-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #16
Nugget_TX5
Starter Motor

C'mon i see the funny side of it, get a sense of humour. I would rather pay rates to replace helmets then to send the mayor on an overseas business junket. It would of been even funnier if they put a chalk cross on the helmets afterwards
Old 19-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #17
Sprint_ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

look they have a hard job and need a break EXCEPT FOR THE P$((%S AT CITY OF STONNINGTON (TOORAK), these people are the worst on earth, one week u can park in place then all of a sudden they put no standing signs up from a certain time, which i might add, are not that visible, then like 10 mins after the no stanging starts they lay out fines, i have never had a ticket, from anyone else but these guys 3 in a year !!! at 100 each
Sprint_ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #18
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's just disgusting.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #19
Choca
Falcon Owner

HAHAH that funny yet sick
Choca is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 07:24 AM   #20
Timmeh
Fairmont Ghia

I find the idea that people would get so annoyed that they would do something like this, and also that this is the way they choose to express their opinion, very funny.

Might as well get a laugh, we ratepayers pay for alot of vandalism that doesn't give us anything to smile about every day.

Timmeh
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #21
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

$20 or $50 fine? Geez, try the parking cretins in Newcastle. The council there is right up with the Taliban. I really appreciated getting fined for parking legally, and was especially thankful to the OSR for denying my appeal against the fine.

Yes it's really a great public service that these "people" perform, and truly wonderful that they are backed up by such a fair and just judicial system.

So in summary, they can collectively KISS MY HAIRY CHEEKS!
Old 20-01-2006, 09:50 AM   #22
EFIwindsor
Haltech 302w XW

definately wrong...what did it do besides cost the council money and give the parking inspectors 1/2 a day off work.
Fuel/intake -XR6T injectors, 255 LPH intank pump, 4" intake, HaltechE11v2 Exhaust-custom Tri-Y headers, Twin 2.5" HiFlo Cats, duel 2.5" exh Driveline-close ratio 4spd, 9" LSD, 300mm AU XR8 fr, XC rear, ZH Fairlane Mas/Cyl & Booster

Project car: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=21641
EFIwindsor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 09:51 AM   #23
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint_ED
look they have a hard job and need a break EXCEPT FOR THE P$((%S AT CITY OF STONNINGTON (TOORAK), these people are the worst on earth, one week u can park in place then all of a sudden they put no standing signs up from a certain time, which i might add, are not that visible, then like 10 mins after the no stanging starts they lay out fines, i have never had a ticket, from anyone else but these guys 3 in a year !!! at 100 each
The problem with seeking vengence against these guys is that you really think they make the rules? Like every other employee in the world they are probably just following what their manager told them to do who is following what the council board told him to do ect.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #24
BAFORDFAIRMONT
Starter Motor

Like everywhere there are good and bad people in every job. I agree with the comment that they are just doing their job even though its their choice to be a parking officer.

From their point of view you will get businesses complaining about people parking outside their shop all day and they are losing customers and on the other hand you would get businesses complaining that no one comes into their shop because the parking signage doesn't allow people to park there for long periods.

Its a catch 22.
1978 Toyota Corona (1980-81)
Current:
2003 Ford BA Fairmont Sedan (2004 - )
2002 Ford KQ Laser (2002 - )
2002 Ford Focus (Company Car)
BAFORDFAIRMONT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 05:28 AM   #25
BA_BOSS

Ha Ha Ha, couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of p~~~ks. They love their job and love booking motorists.

It also shows just how much their beloved breatherean (rate payers) luv them when they ony spend $190 to protect their scones. Last time I bought a helmet it was close to $900 for a decent one.
BA_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 01:33 PM   #26
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA_BOSS
Ha Ha Ha, couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of p~~~ks. They love their job and love booking motorists.

It also shows just how much their beloved breatherean (rate payers) luv them when they ony spend $190 to protect their scones. Last time I bought a helmet it was close to $900 for a decent one.
hehe soo true, parking inspectors and center management nazi's can go suck a big one, many stories about these poofs, even sent me a notice in the mail correct rego wrong colour car, even wanted to fight it in court the stupid pricks..

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #27
I bleed ford
351 cubes of power

i'm cool with it if they were overzealous ИИИИers who'd book their own mum if they could...prob is they aren't all like that (c'mon humour me!)......i got booked coz there where no parks and i'd have to park my ute and tools like 4 blocks away....i told him to jam the ticket up his ИИИИ.....didn't have to pay the fine but got into a little trouble about verbal assaulting a city official lmao