Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Willy
Starter Motor

Default Au falcon II coughs and splutters on take off intermittently.

He iv had this issue for a while my au falcon coughs and splutters on take off and has no power for about 5 to 10 seconds. It doesn't do it all the time and seems like turning off the aircon off helps. I have changed plugs, leads, coil pack, fuel pump and fuel filter.

The car is starting to get dangerous. I have spoken to mechanics and the all say replace plugs leads and coil. It's starting to be really frustrating

If any one has any advice or a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Willy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: Au falcon II coughs and splutters on take off intermittently.

Some more info would be good mate:
Engine? Trans? Petrol? Gas? How much fuel is in the tank at the time? Does it do it more when it's hot or cold? Does it happen more when you've been idling for a long or short period of time? Does the incline make a difference? Does how hard you take off make a difference?

I'm gonna guess it's gonna be 6-cyl/auto/petrol and you've got some problem not too far from your fuel rail (rusted rail, leaking injector, pinhole leak in a line) or somesuch.
Old 18-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
Willy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Au falcon II coughs and splutters on take off intermittently.

It's a Vct petrol auto It doesn't matter if it's hot or cold. An incline does make a difference. I can start it first thing in the morning and it does it other mornings it runs fine.
As the fuel rail is the only area I would agree, but where do I start.
Willy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post