Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 14-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
mara88
Starter Motor

Default Seat comfort in LV LX 2010

Apologies if this has been answered in the past...

I recently bought a 2010 LV LX focus and although on the test drive it felt comfortable after an hour or so the lumber support was digging into my back. It is not adjustable.

I love this car, it drives and handles so well it bumped all the others (mazda, hyundai, lancer) out of the competition. But comfort is important so am taking it to a motor trimmer in Melbourne to see what can be done.

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences to watch out for?

Has anyone replaced the seats in that model with different ones. If so which ones?

mara88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
marg99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Seat comfort in LV LX 2010

Need to be careful if the seats have curtain airbags in the side of them as replacing them with seats without compatible airbags will upset the body computer
marg99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-12-2013, 11:45 PM   #3
mara88
Starter Motor

Thanks for your advice. Motor trimmer confirmed that.
Old 29-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
mara88
Starter Motor

Just an update. Had both front seats done. What a change. Can highly recommend motor trimmer Peter Blackman in Melbourne. (Moorabbin).
Old 30-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Happy to hear that you're happy but are you able to show us a before-and-after photo please?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
mara88
Starter Motor

Would be happy to however a photo would not show any change as I didn't actually change the fabric upholstery.

Essentially I had the lumber support removed in the back and extra cushioning in the seat with superior foam.

I sat in an audi the other day and my seats are more comfortable. Worth the money and really happy I did it.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #7
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

OK. Thanks.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:25 AM   #8
KenN0898

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara88 View Post
Just an update. Had both front seats done. What a change. Can highly recommend motor trimmer Peter Blackman in Melbourne. (Moorabbin).
Hi Mara88, I am interested in doing something like that to the front seats in my 2012 Focus Trend so can I ask what the cost was.

Thank you

Ken
KenN0898 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2014, 01:32 AM   #9
mara88
Starter Motor

No problem. It cost $250 a seat. I rang around and was quoted between $150 and $300 per seat. Decided to go with a recommended trimmer. Really worth it. Would have ended up spending more at the chiro!