Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #31
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Will Ford and Holden go early?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
I guess a lot of the younger ones will be off to another job if they can find one, not much redundancy for them to miss out on, a job being the priority.
From what I gather, there aren't too many "young ones" left, a high proportion of Holden's work force are long termers.
That's why Holden was so keen to give redundancy pay outs a big haircut on the promise of continuing production.
All seems intentionally fraudulent now......
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 02-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #32
GASWAGON
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
I guess a lot of the younger ones will be off to another job if they can find one, not much redundancy for them to miss out on, a job being the priority.
That would be the smart thing to do before ther are 1700 odd workers all looking for work at the same in the same district come 2017.

Personally I would keep working at Holden until end of 2015....Maybe 2016...........Then move on and learn some new skills before someone else does.

Last edited by GASWAGON; 02-01-2014 at 10:20 PM.
GASWAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2014, 10:09 PM   #33
ryeman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
From what I gather, there aren't too many "young ones" left, a high proportion of Holden's work force are long termers.
That's why Holden was so keen to give redundancy pay outs a big haircut on the promise of continuing production.
All seems intentionally fraudulent now......
All part of the govt assistance package and contractual 'commitment' to 2017 I assume....

Facts or the twitterverse, your choice!

M3SR+ .......MG ZS EV
ryeman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post