Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #61
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Paul Gover "Ford's Inept Marketing Dept"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFUTE View Post
No offence but those sources are not only rubbish....they're American stats in there aswell. They work out formulas for future problems going by a mixture of polls from THEIR OWN readers and a 1milion pool review. Hardly applicable as America has very few brands sold there. My stats weren't this years either as I stated...but they were Global.
I shall find the article I commented about.....it's GLOBAL and records EVERY recall, complaint and issue.
pointless argument. Every manufacturer has problems with quality. Some more than others and they all take their turn at being really bad. Its those that try to sweep it under the carpet that are really silly. Oh by the way, stop being an expert cause it doesn't suit you.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #62
Gadgetman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror_Tree View Post
Everyone seems to be blaming Ford marketing, I agree they should be doing more, but there are a lot of other factors that lead to Ford shutting down manufacturing in Australia. I love my Fords but the AU was an ugly car that turned a lot of people away from Ford. But I think the biggest issue Ford had was the media, every time a new Falcon came out, right from the XD, the headline was always the same, "Is this the last Falcon?". I don't waste my money on mags like Wheels or Motor because of their blatant anti Ford bias.
I thinks Ford's marketing dept isn't the main reason at all when it came to them pulling out of local manufacturing. However, the fact that the world's top selling car isn't even making the top 10 consistently (Focus that is), dismal numbers of Ford Kuga 400 units per month vs Mazda CX5 (1800 units per month), Fiesta numbers being as ordinary as it is given the high quality of the car leads me to believe that in terms of getting people to open the door to the brand, Ford's Marketing department have been either "inept" or they have an even more serious issue at hand and that being the brand is on the nose to the general public and if this is in fact the case then, it will take years and $$$$'s to get the company to be desirable to the masses in Australia.
Gadgetman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #63
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevz View Post

Not sure what planet you're living on, but it's certainly not Earth...

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ill-job-1.html

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/n...rvey/index.htm

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...01/131029889/#

Plenty more links where they came from... You only have to do a google search.
Permanent Ban ?

It was going to happen
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #64
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you guys are missing the point of Mr Gover's article. His idea of 'marketing' is the journalist goody train, which Ford Australia have always been notoriously tight on versus the opposition. Align this to tighter access to key design & engineering personal and 'marketing' cops a bucketing.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #65
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

marketing--is all about giving a product a position to get the most for the least output. getting buyers to be excited obout a brand or product, making it possible for buyers to achieve the dreams-created for them.

market research is about finding a product to make and how to get a return on investment. closing dealers, making servicing difficult and parts expencive.

Must be the research team are very good at their job.
not being sarcastic, I just think their must be a reason for such crappy product placement in the market, buyers needing to hide their purchases from the neighbours. the colours, product specs. then slashing the prices to get some out the door to trap the buyers from updating .
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post