Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #91
kcej
2mny projects 2 lttl time

Default Re: The AU audio thread - ideas, products and advice.

Just bought an AU3 marlin XLS with the six-stacker in it, and the display says ...

ERR

Apart from the headunit being totally unserviceable (#@%&ed), what other things (preferably easy fixable) are likely to cause an "ERR" message on the display?

Thanks in advance, Keith
kcej is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #92
Fordable
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcej
Just bought an AU3 marlin XLS with the six-stacker in it, and the display says ...

ERR

Apart from the headunit being totally unserviceable (#@%&ed), what other things (preferably easy fixable) are likely to cause an "ERR" message on the display?

Thanks in advance, Keith

Just a guess, but ERR would suggest it needs to be programmed, i.e, if the Marlin has a radio tuner, do an auto scan for stations, and set them by the buttons, maybe 1 to 6.
Fordable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #93
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcej

ERR

Thanks in advance, Keith
If I remember correctly mine displayed "ERR" code when I entered the PIN code incorrectly. If this is the case you may have to go to your local Ford dealer to retrieve the original code. Hopefully it is the original factory unit. Some dealers charge for this and some don't.
Bill.
Old 27-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #94
Fordable
Starter Motor

That's true for a Ford radio. I've done the bent coat hanger trick to remove the radio to access the harness socket a few times, to install an AU adapter for a cheap 'AUTO MEDIA" radio from Repco.. The Townsville Ford dealer service desk girl gave me (free) a PIN code 6213 which she said was a universal code. It worked for me. Couldn't swear to the veracity of what she said though.
Fordable is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #95
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ERR means that the incorrect pin has been entered 3 times. Each and every radio has an individual code and you can get this from ford. They should not charge you unless they have to remove the radio in order to get its individual serial number.

Provided it is the original radio you can quote them the vin number and they can retrieve the code.

To get the ERR off the screen and it to say 'CODE' you will need to leave the ignition on for a period of time. I believe that an hour should be sufficient. Or at least it was when mine had this issue.

I hope that helps.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #96
vispix

AU series 2 head unit pics needed.
Hi Guys, Just wondering if people could post some pics of the console with single din or double din holder, with thier after market head unit in it. Just want to see some examples etc... thx.
P.S There was another thread here...where a guy was doing his own wooden fascia for his AU...but can not seem to find it...anyone know where it is?? thx.
vispix is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #97
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vispix
AU series 2 head unit pics needed.
Hi Guys, Just wondering if people could post some pics of the console with single din or double din holder, with thier after market head unit in it. Just want to see some examples etc... thx.
P.S There was another thread here...where a guy was doing his own wooden fascia for his AU...but can not seem to find it...anyone know where it is?? thx.
My old AU ute with an Alpine Single DIN unit and the aerpro fascia kit:

Old 03-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #98
vispix

Thanks for posting dude. Did you have much trouble getting the unit to go through the din fascia hole? does that have the stereo faceplate surround on it... or did you have to leave it off to fit the stereo in? I am putting a pioneer in mine... http://www.pioneer.com.au/au/product...0UB/print.html just not sure if it will fit with the double din... might have to go single.
Anyone have a pic of a single din pocket at bottom with a head unit at the top.? Thx Guys.

Last edited by vispix; 03-10-2012 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:09 AM   #99
vispix

Found the thread for the guy who did the wooden fascia...but it was for the BA. http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=55398 Anyway.. thanks guys..sorry to take over the thread.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #100
raymondf59
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift66 View Post
Hey guys,
I installed an aftermarket headunit into my Series 1 Classic and it was quite a simple task.

Now my headunit didn't allow for steering wheel controls, so I could get away with using the basic adapter.
This is the adapter that I am currently using:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-AU-F...item27c486ce81

I am looking at upgrading to a newer headunit which does have the Steering Wheel Compatibility and will purchase the required adapters [Aerpro] when the time comes.

This is the new headunit that I'm looking at:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110890115...84.m1423.l2649

Sadly, using these types of headunits doesn't allow me to have it flush with the pocket, so I am just curious to know if there are any bracket for the AU, to be able to install a Double Din headunit??

If So, then I may consider using something like this one instead:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/D2208Z-Eo...item53eed66367

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I hope that the info that I have posted up is of use to someone

Cheers,

Dave
Hello Dave,

I'm really interested to know if you went ahead with this project and how it went. I've got a series II fairmont with a inoperative CD player and all the advice I get is not to get it repaired so I want to replace it with a unit that will work with the steering wheel controls. If anyone has any suggestions for current ebay units that work well I'd certainly appreciate it.

Cheers
Ray
raymondf59 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #101
sooty43

I am wanting to buy a good "Prestige single disc CD audio system"to replace the old radio that only does tapes. Does any one have one for sale?
sooty43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #102
sooty43

Oops, sorry the vehicle is a 1999 au1 futura wagon.
sooty43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #103
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Does anybody know whether the steering controls (CAT10 or Aerpro) can skip songs on the iPod/iPhone when connected via USB or Bluetooth using the seek button on the steering wheel?
Old 13-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #104
Shambles
Knucklehead

Yes it does. I have a Pioneer head unit which plays CD, Ipod/Iphone and SD card. The skip button works for all formats.
Shambles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 18-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #105
m3tal666
Starter Motor

Just Picked up a Set of 6x9's and am looking to put them in my Parcel shelf in AU III Xr6, Has anyone made up custom spacer/brackets to fit them in??

Not sure what im gunna do yet... some ideas would be sweet

cheers
m3tal666 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #106
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

pioneer dvd player in au ghia with custom stereo surround made from factory face plate

BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #107
Fireblade
Wizard Member

That looks great FPV597, the AU is a shocker for double din fitments, that is the best one I have ever seen.
Old 19-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #108
BLU-220
FG XR50 TURBO
Donating Member3

yeah it took me over a week to make sanding & filing,
this is how i made it
cut the factory trim out

then i filed it down smooth

next i used balsa wood

then i filled it in with feast & waston sanding sealer
coated it with 2x coats bondall monocel satin & varnish jarrah
last coat was feast & waston clear lacquer

cheers dean
BLU-220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #109
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Yeah done well champ good job
Old 19-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #110
sly
Sly like a G6

I had a spare hour yesterday, so I finally replaced my old AU1 radio/cassette with an up-to-date unit that does CD, MP3, aux, USB, bluetooth audio and phone interface, iPhone/iPod controls (no use to me though) and Android app (much more useful IMHO). I think it also has short wave radio as well. Basically all the acronyms and buzzwords except DAB.

I used the Aerpro pocket and wiring system, including their steering wheel control interface. All plug-and-play straight out of the box, no programming required. Much easier than the CAT or PAC products I looked at. I assume the Aerpro wiring is well-known now? I didn't find much info on it when I was Googling for options, mainly CAT and PAC came up.

If there is any interest I have pics of how it all fits together.

All I need to do now is find a spot to mount the external mic for the phone (shown sitting on the gear lever).

[/URL]

Still just using the stock AU1 Forte 4 speakers. They sound much better with the new head unit and can handle the volume up to 35 before they start to distort. As I'd usually have the volume set around 10-15, the speakers aren't going to be a limiting factor.

Oh... I need to update my sig too!
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?

Last edited by sly; 19-10-2013 at 04:26 PM.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 19-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #111
SantoAU
Defender of the faith

Think it's time I did my head unit, as I'm sick of the FM transmitter. Aerpro loom works with Premium sound yes? Or will I have to go new sub and amp?

They just get reinvented.

SantoAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #112
b2tf
not here much anymore

Run the cable for the mic up along the drivers A pillar and then have the mic pop out the top of the plastic part. Thats where we fit all of ours.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #113
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantoAU View Post
Think it's time I did my head unit, as I'm sick of the FM transmitter. Aerpro loom works with Premium sound yes? Or will I have to go new sub and amp?
Depends more on the headunit. I personally wouldnt bother with the factory stuff, you won't miss it.
Old 19-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #114
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantoAU View Post
Yes the loom should work with the premium sound setup.
Old 25-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #115
mif73
CNC fixer guy

I hacked into the cd stacker coaxial line in my stock premium sound S1 Fairlane head unit.

Put a small relay inside the radio so i can select between cd stacker audio or mp3 input via 3.5mm plug.

Upgraded fronts with focal 5x7s and mounted 6x9s on the rear with small spacers from underneath. Removed stock 8" sub with 10" free air sub with spacer from underneath too.

Front speakers and sub now run form an old philips 4 chan bridgeable amp and the rears from stock 3 channel amp ( not using stock sub channel).

Big improvement, although i think the stock 3 chan amp has a built in high pass filter for the rears so i might hook up the scope to confirm.
If it does i might open amp and see if it has any adjustments inside. If not swap for a spare 2 chan full range amp to run the rear 6x9s.

Last edited by mif73; 25-10-2013 at 10:10 AM.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #116
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of things i did like about the standard factory unit, the first thing being the one hour timer so you could turn the radio on without the key in the ignition and would turn off after said one hour, the other thing was nice big buttons, i know it is only a small niggle , but never the less for us big clumsy bastards, big easy controls are very nice.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #117
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Good point. My son upgraded his but I've left mine in both my AUs, basically I just do short trip and flip radio stations rather than listening to music.
UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
Uncle_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #118
mif73
CNC fixer guy

The other good thing about the stock head unit is the steering controls and mobile phone inputs can be used without paying for extra interfaces.

If my head unit dies then ill get a double din dvd player and build out the surround to suit.
mif73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #119
donisbest
Starter Motor

Just bought a KenwoodDPX-U5130BT Double Din from JB sales price 30% off.
Now to fit the bugger.
donisbest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post