Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default Gearbox Model Number

I'm trying to figure out if the Model number a wreaker gave me is correct (i also sighted this sticker w/ the model no.)

1R23-7000-AB

This is for an automatic gearbox but i wanna make sure it's the right one. Can anyone shed some light on this for me - thanks.

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #2
tiger99
Starter Motor

giddyup,

i cant help with your g'box question, but thanks for the info the other day on changing the gear selector light. it now works a treat and looks styish in blue!!
tiger99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
08XR8

It should have a barcode on the drivers side of the auto, the first four digits represents the model number example 9322 =i6 barra ,9320 i6 au series3 ,9718 =ba v8.This is for BTR-ION autos .Hope this is what your after.
08XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

I'll try and take a picture of the barcode because that was the model number it said.

Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
Old 18-01-2006, 07:20 PM   #5
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Here are two pics of the model number.

Please shed some light :

Old 18-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #6
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think thats the manufacturing Part Number.

Ford Spare Parts Database, is slightly different.

I think you might be looking for this part number: "ER 7003 A"

Otherwise, i've got no real idea.. Sorry
Old 18-01-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Buty it says on the sticker in the second picture: Ford Part No:

Old 18-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
08XR8

As far as i know 9320 was one of the last autos for a i6 au. Sorry but i dont know the ford part numbers , just the BTR-ION model numbers.
Old 18-01-2006, 08:37 PM   #9
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

well can anyone confirm what their model number on their sticker on their AUTO transmission says?

Old 18-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #10
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Try pm'n Casper , if he doesnt know he'll find out for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #11
08XR8

what model are you after.
Old 18-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #12
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Quote:
what model are you after.
:nutsycuck

Old 18-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #13
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it's any help, I'll have a AU3 Auto for sale soon. Are you looking at getting a new auto?
Old 18-01-2006, 09:55 PM   #14
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Yeah, but I've had this prob with my other cars in the past - wreckers say - yeah, she'll fit.. and it does, but one digit off the model number on your old box, and its totaly different inside.

LG, whats the number on your box?

Old 18-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'll try and have a look for you on over the next day or so.

As an indication, my car is a June/July 2002 build. So the last of the AU3s. I don't see why it wont fit. AUII or AUIII, they should all bolt up...?

Cheers
Old 18-01-2006, 10:00 PM   #16
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Mines an AU3 02 August... thanks LG

Old 18-01-2006, 10:34 PM   #17
08XR8

Mines a may 02 au3 xr6, barcode 9320. ford part number on the sticker is the same as above ,ir 23-7000 ab.
Old 18-01-2006, 11:01 PM   #18
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Well, if thats the case then.... Did the XR6 Auto's have a different gearbox then the forte/Futura (Fairmonts maybe) range?

Old 18-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #19
08XR8

Not the hp like mine,standard i6 trans