Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 28-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
AuFordChick
Dee

Default Re: Bubbles in header tank

Lol, tried the hoses today and there was pressure and it hasn't been any coolant loss, it's just an on and off thing, wasnt really bubbling either, just a few and really tiny. I wasn't too sure about that hose coz the au I had before this one had just the normal hose.
AuFordChick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #32
AuFordChick
Dee

Off topic, what are K&N air filters like? Is it worth the money? The mechanic who told me the head gasket was fine told me to get rid of the pod filter, put the air box back in and get the K&N filter
Old 28-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Definitely go back to the airbox ..... the good thing about a K&N or Redline (literally identical except for price) is they are washable and re-usable ... as for airflow properties in a standard AU ... neglibible ... the paper ones do a decent job until they get to the end of their life.

washable filters over time will save you money instead of replacing filters ... that's about it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #34
AuFordChick
Dee

I live in the country so the air filters get dirty pretty quick lol so a washable one would be perfect
Old 28-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #35
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

that's what I used to use when I was rural .... so many bugs got in there ... used to have to vacuum the airbox out as well ... hahahahahaha.

I had a Redline one in my AU for over 200,000km ... used to get washed/lightly oiled on a regular basis ... still looked good when i got rid of the ute.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #36
AuFordChick
Dee

Haha yeah i was always cleaning bugs out of it when I had it on, I only had the pod on for looks and coz the top is the same colour as my car lol
Old 29-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #37
AuFordChick
Dee

I've ordered the redline filter as its $70 less than the K&N, do I have to reset the computer changing from pod back to the air box? When I put the pod on a mate said it had to be reset
Old 29-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #38
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

No reset of ECU will be required as you have not changed anything that will change what the MAP sensor measures as far as the tune is concerned. In saying that though, it cannot hurt to reset the ECU KAMs. A simple rule of thumb would be, if you change the air flow from or to the engine (exhaust or intake), reset the KAMs (ECU). I understand that you are re-instating the factory airbox?

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #39
AuFordChick
Dee

Yeah I've just put the air box back on with a cheap $10 filter till I get the redline, also gonna get a bigger snorkel on it