Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 30-12-2005, 06:05 PM   #1
TuMor
its not a!

Default Selling my EA

Im searching around now for a nice EB/ED XR6, and ill need to sell my EA. What do you fellas think i should advertise it for?

1988 EA s-pak, cfi, duel fuel, 5spd. 320,000kms
-New Tint
-New HD Clutch
-New Clutch Cable
-Repairs done to firewall (common failure, 5-spd owners know about)
-Hardcore Battery
-New PS rack
-New tyres
-Kenwood CD player / Pioneer Speakers
-Immobliser

The car has a very good history, it was first owned by a Radio station in kalgoolie and was converted to DuelFuel in 1990. So most of its kms are country runs from Perth/Kalgoolie. The second owner was an old bloke who had it just to tow his caravan. He installed a HD clutch, big battery, and reinforced the boot with a heap of steel bars (the caravan wasnt THAT heavy). Apart from a pretty heavy clutch pedal the car drives fine, and the dash and interior is in very good nick. Only downside is a dent in the passenger door (not in pic) from a kangaroo when i was driving down south.

Back to my point, what should i ask for it?
Im thinking about asking $3500, with leeway to go down to $3000. WHat do you fellas think?
Crazy price for an EA i know, but im in no rush to sell it. I could even throw in the unregoed CFi Auto EA i have round the back.

TuMor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Post some pics up of it mate!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
TuMor
its not a!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
Post some pics up of it mate!
Old 30-12-2005, 06:52 PM   #4
Damo
Banned

you will be really pushin it for 3 k. CFI is it's weak point.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #5
LUXO_8
windsor user

it'd wanna have 12 month rego + RWC to even come close to getting 3k, a mates having a hard time getting that for his EA Ghia with kit and 17's..

i reckon you'll get 2k with reg and roady

not tryin to put ya down or anything, just suggesting something more realistic...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
TuMor
its not a!

Ive got all the parts to do a mpfi conversion, id have to get a new mixer ring to get the autogas working too. Might be worth the effort to get more money...
Old 30-12-2005, 08:18 PM   #7
CruizinEB
Banned

one tip, DON'T tell them what you've fixed on it, because people think its getting to old and it will die very soon, and well the price of EA's hasn't changed from being around $1999 for a year, SO if your going to sell do it now before the price drops ;)
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #8
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinEB
well the price of EA's hasn't changed from being around $1999 for a year, SO if your going to sell do it now before the price drops ;)
lol, prices arent going to drop any further than what they are now i dont think!.....

convert it to mpi if you like, it really wont matter IMO as to what you get for it....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 08:29 PM   #9
CruizinEB
Banned

ya think, over here in WA they have been around 2k for the last 2 years i would say, so they are bound to drop very soon
and i bet you thats what they said with the XF to
CruizinEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #10
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Youd make more money selling the mpi stuff to someone for a conversion than you would make by fitting it and trying to get the price up. mpi might help sell the car a little quicker though.

Agree with the others though. 2k sounds about right.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 09:30 PM   #11
TuMor
its not a!

Ive had a look at falcons in caryards for $2k, they are usually gli's, auto, average ks, not on gas.

Yeah, i agree with selling mpfi parts separately. Anyone interested? lol
Old 30-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #12
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I reckon you could get 3k. LPG is a major selling point now and as long as the car is clean and presentable someone will pay that. You have to compare it to other EA's you see around and if yours is in better nick, then you can go for the higher price. You should look at advertising it towards families etc - people that are over the moon when they read that a car has new tyres and LPG etc. They are also the type of people that have no idea that MPFI is 19kw more than CFI so it won't worry them.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post