Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 29-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
BABOSS

Default Lowering EF front end only

Hi all,

This is how high my front end currently sits, i want it a little lower but not too low because i go camping a fair bit and you know how low cars and some off road don't mix. Iv'e thrown in a brand new pair of Pedders comfort gas shocks and i'm just after some suggestions, cheers. BTW i'm aware that GSR sports strutts will do the job but i don't want to pay $500 for a pair inc. fitting, there must be a cheaper alternative right?

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/873/10009834qc.jpg

Thankyou for any suggestions.

BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Put the engine back in?

To adjust the hight the spring needs to be changed not the shock. If you go off road, get lowered v8 springs. It will sit lower than now not too low and be firmer.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
trick_xd
I build your wish list...

If you want to lower it you could just cut 1 coil out ITS NOT LEGAL but it will do the job you want
All you do is lift the car up take wheel off and get a 4inch grinder and cut at the same point the spring stops
So you have now just cut 1 hole spring out and now it it lower
i will lower your car about 1 inch

As i said it is not the right thing to do but it is the cheapest way to lower your car just that bit
trick_xd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #4
Sagerian
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick_xd
If you want to lower it you could just cut 1 coil out ITS NOT LEGAL but it will do the job you want
Erm.. If you plan on actually driving your car I wouldn't recommend that.

trick_xd is correct though, that's the cheapest way to lower your car although I'm not familier how much a defect would cost you.
Just sometimes, in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that four hundredth glass of cornershop p**s at 3am, you do sometimes look at yourself and think... this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
Sagerian is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #5
BABOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Put the engine back in?
Lol, the lowered V8 springs sounds like a good idea but i'd like to know if i could still use the Pedders gas shocks with them and where can i get em from, a EF XR8?
Thanks.
Old 29-12-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

What size tyre do you have on there, as LTDHO said it looks higher than standard (or as if the tyre is smaller diameter)

Suggestion of XR8 springs is not a bad one as a starting point. Try wreckers or suspension places who may have traded them on lowered springs. They may also be able to direct you to people who kept their standard springs & might sell them. Or look in the Trading Post, Parts Peddler, swapmeets etc.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 07:15 PM   #7
BABOSS

The tyres are 235/45/ 17" on 8" wide rims
Old 29-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just get the XR6 springs ? They are about equivilant to King Lows, and if you look around this forum, alot of guys have them. And they are far from low!
Old 29-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #9
xxxc
tuff

WOW thats like a 4WD ,put in some ultra lows all round will look nice as with those rims
xxxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #10
Age182
GMHKLA number plates

i just put Super Lows in the rear because i dont have the tools for the front and thats low enuff id hate to see ultra lows

Previously owned:
1994 EF fairmont Ghia 4.0Ltr, AUTO
14.620@93.3mph

2000 Honda S2000
14.73@92mph (stock + no traction)
Age182 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2005, 07:52 PM   #11
BABOSS

Turns out i can get my hands on a pair of ED XR6 springs which will fit my EF, that should do the job. Gotta do the tie rod ends while i'm at it, then get a wheel alignment. Thanks for your help.