Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I'm sick of the auto...

i have been thinking about how much i miss driving my ea with the manual and i have made up my mind the ef is going to be converted to a manual also. i got over the idea of the stall, i have a rough idea of what the box and all other parts are worth the only things im not sure about is:

how much are these extreme clutches worth that people are using

and how much roughly would i be expecting to pay a pro to install it all for me

thanks adam

DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Extreme Organic clutches are arround $360.
Box change over and clutch fit should ring up arround $500 in labour.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
neb
hibernating

You should try doing the conversion yourself.. It is a bit of a pain but not too difficult to do. There is a guide on how to do it around somewhere I'm sure someone would have a link.

I paid $550 for my xtreme ceramic cushion button clutch. Well worth it very good clutch, the amount of grip it has is awesome and its still just as light as the stock ea clutch I had before it.

If you're looking for a good gearbox QUIKXR6 is selling a recoed ed xr6 box at the moment in the forsale section. I bought an el xr6 box off of him which was also recoed and thats going really well... no noises and smooth changes.
neb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
Damo
Banned

I agree with Neb, give it a go yourself adam it's pretty easy the hardest part is the pedal box and removing-refitting the g/box as it's heavy and there's not much space under there. There is a guide on www.fordforums.com under the ford tech section but do a search and you will find heaps of info on here. I'm guessing you sold the t5 you had from your EA ?

You won't regret going manual, your car wil be a beast with the t5. Good luck with it.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
niko
likes falcon's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo
g/box as it's heavy and there's not much space under there.
jack stands and some upper body muscle helps here

manuals are light compared to slushboxes! lol
Old 21-12-2005, 08:32 PM   #6
EDXR6T

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
jack stands and some upper body muscle helps here

manuals are light compared to slushboxes! lol
pfft get a hoist:P

i know what manual envey's like too wunted one ever since dads old ea spac went to the tip kicking myself i didnt get all the bit's from it :nutsycuck

o well early next year il b taking on this mod if thera's n e more T5's left lol
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #7
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Seperating the manual box from the bell housing makes it lots eaiser to re-fit. Removing the auto is easy. Standard practice is to drop it onto your fingers.

GO THE MANUAL. I will never go back after converting my car to T5.
Old 21-12-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
NZ
~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubas
Seperating the manual box from the bell housing makes it lots eaiser to re-fit. Removing the auto is easy. Standard practice is to drop it onto your fingers.

GO THE MANUAL. I will never go back after converting my car to T5.
Im glad I had the motor out when i put the auto back on. took 2 of us 4 tries before it was right. No damn way i ould try that under the car.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:19 PM   #9
BELTA
belta kix lsss!

mocky did mine cost $650 new heavy duty clutch about $300
Old 21-12-2005, 11:20 PM   #10
stockstandard
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In my car there is no way that the T5 can be installed with the bellhousing still in. I think its a lot easier to install the clutch and bellhousing first, then put the T5 up. First, its a lot easier to get to all the bellhousing bolts without the T5 in the way. Second, you dont have to be so careful about alighning the clutch cos you can just push the clutch pedal in and move the box around until it drops into the spigot.
stockstandard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #11
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstandard
...Second, you dont have to be so careful about alighning the clutch cos you can just push the clutch pedal in and move the box around until it drops into the spigot.
That's a technique I'd love to see! Interesting...
Captain Stubing is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 12:03 AM   #12
Damo
Banned

^^ likewise.

I don't see how it would make it any easier with the clutch in. I do agree though that it easier to separate the bell housing and g/box on EB2 onwards. EA arn't so bad as there seems to be a lot more room to get all the bolts.
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 01:21 AM   #13
d_slayer

I Just did my EF 11 hours start to finish with two people.. (i have heaps of dash addons tho (around 15 extra wire))
Old 22-12-2005, 01:51 AM   #14
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstandard
In my car there is no way that the T5 can be installed with the bellhousing still in. I think its a lot easier to install the clutch and bellhousing first, then put the T5 up. First, its a lot easier to get to all the bellhousing bolts without the T5 in the way. Second, you dont have to be so careful about alighning the clutch cos you can just push the clutch pedal in and move the box around until it drops into the spigot.
How do you get the clutch fork on (and bearing)?

I'd take the engine out if I was to ever attempt it again!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #15
DUMTEF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys i suck with mechanical stuff so i will just pay someone to do it i reckon, i got to save up for the box etc. first

yeah damo i sold the t5 from the ea, spewing cause it was a fully reco'd el box with awsome clutch
DUMTEF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post