Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
yelpir

Default Parking sensors packed up.

Car is 2008 MA zetec. My parking sensors started playing up a couple of days ago by emitting a continous beep and then shutting themselves down. Turning off the engine and starting it again seemed to have sorted out the problem until today. Once you start the car and engage the reverse gear, you get a single longish beep with the "sensor on" light button flashing and then the sensors stop working. Has any one experienced this before? Any ideas on how fix this before I head up to the dealership. Car is out of warranty though.

yelpir is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Parking sensors packed up.

Hi Yelpir,

Is the problem global ie both front and rear audible tones or one of them?

Reason I ask is that those at the rear can get open circuit connections owing to the throw back of road grime.

A quick check of the connections by disconnecting/reconnecting MIGHT solve the problem.

Oh, and does it happen if you manually select the sensors and move forwards?

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

Last edited by AlanD; 15-02-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Extra information sought.
AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
yelpir

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
Hi Yelpir,

Is the problem global ie both front and rear audible tones or one of them?

Reason I ask is that those at the rear can get open circuit connections owing to the throw back of road grime.

A quick check of the connections by disconnecting/reconnecting MIGHT solve the problem.

Oh, and does it happen if you manually select the sensors and move forwards?

Cheers
The problem is global and it happens even when you manually select the sensors when stationary. Thanks for the advice AlanD. I gave the rear connections a good shake before driving out to pick someone and had planned to give the front ones the same treatment when I returned. However, the sensors started working on my way back and I can't reproduce the fault any more (despite many attempts).

You are probably right. There must be loose connections somewhere. Will check all the connections (disconnect and reconnect) and keep an eye on them.
That's why I like folks on this forum, ever nice and helpful
Old 14-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #4
grmas1
Starter Motor

Have got the same problem with my mondeo. How do you get access to the front sensors? Have also heard fault may be rear speaker, where is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
grmas1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
yelpir

[QUOTE=grmas1;4518135]Have got the same problem with my mondeo. How do you get access to the front sensors? Have also heard fault may be rear speaker, where is it?

You need to check the connections first. That was the initial problem with mine. A few months down the line, it stopped working and was told one of the speakers had gone. It is a $75 part but the dealership wanted to charge an additional $350 in labor. When asked why? was told time spent diagnosing the problem. That was after the service manager had told me they were not going to charge me for that (bought the car from them, servicing it with them). Price dropped by $100. Decided to give it a miss and fix later because the dodgy chap even wanted to charge me the price for a diesel engine service for a petrol engine!
Old 23-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
grmas1
Starter Motor

Thanks I think it is a connection as it was intermittent then I disconnected to have a look at each rear sensor and now the fault is permanent. Obviously is one of the rear sensors. Will give them all a clean over the weekend.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
grmas1
Starter Motor

Still not fixed, at Peter Warren Warwick Farm now. Has been there since yesterday morning and they seem to have no idea.

No feedback at all, I have rang several times to find out what is happening. Nothing! Not happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD