Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 20-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #31
Hayden1

Default Re: Dashcams in Russia!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Nate
believe these videos (except for the gruesome ones) should be used on ads and in driver training seminars.
Amen, so do I.
I bet a lot of people have no idea the destruction you could cause with a car.
Hayden1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #32
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Do they not have speed limits over there?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #33
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden1
Amen, so do I.
I bet a lot of people have no idea the destruction you could cause with a car.
I agree, I think it's great these videos are put online. This is reality, not some staged TAC commercial. People died horrible, gruesome deaths in some of these videos and that's really confronting and thought provoking.
Old 20-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #34
chamb0
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win
I agree, I think it's great these videos are put online. This is reality, not some staged TAC commercial. People died horrible, gruesome deaths in some of these videos and that's really confronting and thought provoking.
I really hope it does have some sort of positive effect, but it's disturbing that a lot of viewers seem to tune in for the entertainment value. What must it be like for grieving families who have lost a loved one in a road accident, only to have the graphic footage beamed across the globe and left to the mercy of the youtube comments section (a septic pit of the most insane, racist, unintelligible and idiotic ramblings from millions of illiterate teenage trolls that the world has ever seen - there's not much thought being provoked in there). Do they really need to see?

Last edited by chamb0; 20-10-2012 at 11:28 PM.
chamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #35
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamb0
I really hope it does have some sort of positive effect, but it's disturbing that a lot of viewers seem to tune in for the entertainment value. What must it be like for grieving families who have lost a loved one in a road accident, only to have the graphic footage beamed across the globe and left to the mercy of the youtube comments section (a septic pit of the most insane, racist, unintelligible and idiotic ramblings from millions of illiterate teenage trolls that the world has ever seen - there's not much thought being provoked in there). Do they really need to see?
I agree, I personally don't find entertainment in watching these videos, but it has allowed me to become a better and more alert driver thanks to watching them.

You're right chamb0, the youtube user base is a disgusting part of humanity, and I do feel sorry for the families of those involved.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #36
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw it last night. It's made me reconsider how safe I really am on the road, although a lot of the crashes looked like they were travelling faster than 100km/h.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #37
stevethepom

Just been watching the compilation from the OP's post and am amzed at the reaction of the bloke who get thrown out of the truck at around 3 minutes he just stood there and scratched his head as if to say WTF ???
Also have seen quite a few of this type of video coming out of Russia Is it compulsory to drive with a video camera recording a journey over there ?
stevethepom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #38
|Nate
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethepom
Just been watching the compilation from the OP's post and am amzed at the reaction of the bloke who get thrown out of the truck at around 3 minutes he just stood there and scratched his head as if to say WTF ???
Also have seen quite a few of this type of video coming out of Russia Is it compulsory to drive with a video camera recording a journey over there ?
It isn't compulsory but the majority of drivers have dash cams for video evidence of accidents, as a lot of people over there try to scam others with insurance.
Typing in "Russian insurance scam"? Into YouTube should yield some eye opening videos.
|Nate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #39
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethepom
yes i think he sorta rode the crash out hanging on to the steering wheel and then onto the dash, it`s amazing how in the split second of **** happening you hang onto that steering wheel for grim death.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #40
AU Mont
Banned

the one with the semi and long trailer coming around the corner sideways towards the dashcam.

do you continue straight forward head-on into the trailer, or veer off the road into the gully and have the trailer cut the top of the car off and possibly your head
AU Mont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Some of those truck drivers that jump out the front screen after impact is amazing ! You'd be buying lotto tickets after some of those near misses.
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #42
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR
Do they not have speed limits over there?

Speed limits are just a guide. In icy/wet conditions you must drive to what is safe. Speed is not the issue in many of these videos, it is simple driver error or failure to obey road rules on a greater scale. Russian authorities believe speed plays a role in 30% of road trauma whilst Australian authorities say it is 40%. Which one is telling the truth?
irish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #43
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you are pulled by the cops in Russia, you just bribe them and you get off
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #44
Bridgette01
Happy Wife = Happy Life

Those poor cows didn't deserve that!!